Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Pub options near the ground really are ****ing shit.

Counting House, Local Hero, Symphony Rooms and whatever they’ve called the Blues Bar are all muck. 

Noticed that a bar is now closed that was popular on matchdays after walking past it at the Rotherham game.

Forgot what it was called, but it's the one with the foxes and the FA Cup graffiti on the side of the building.

Edited by Wymsey

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Noticed that a bar is now closed that was popular on matchdays after walking past it at the Rotherham game.

Forgot what it was called, but it's the one with the foxes and the FA Cup graffiti on the side of the building.

F bar, formerly the turnstile, been on a downward slide for a few years.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

You sure it was closed? 

It often looks closed but isn't. 

**** knows who drinks in there on non matchdays 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

You sure it was closed? 

It often looks closed but isn't. 

**** knows who drinks in there on on matchdays 

Fixed it for you 😁

The bowling green has gone down hill since they recruited the cast of benidorm to work there.

Went to the distillery pre Huddersfield game and had a nice pint of Brewdog Black stout. Nice place with plenty of space and early game on, heading there in future.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Fixed it for you 😁

The bowling green has gone down hill since they recruited the cast of benidorm to work there.

Went to the distillery pre Huddersfield game and had a nice pint of Brewdog Black stout. Nice place with plenty of space and early game on, heading there in future.

Normally more packed than that. Throw in the Saturday bottomless brunch’s, it’s chaos most matchday Saturdays. 

Think the prices in there are horrendous too

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

F bar was open post match v Rotherham 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Anyone know what is going on with The Castle? 

Been closed due to an underground leak for what seems like ages. Says to check their social media for info but they don't actually have any.

Weird

I believe that is the case, last time I went was the second week of January and previously I’d popped in at least once a week.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Where’s worth going to in Ashby? @Unabomber @anyone

Depends what you like? Brew is my favourite that is pretty much all craft keg with fridges full of different styles too. Tap is good for cask but I just don’t like it in there. Bulls head is the best standard pub which has tvs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

@Stadt whereabouts did you go? What did you think to Ashby?

Nice place, went to Brew, spoons, the bull, the tap, white hart and the lamb.

Great Spanish food at Hispania too.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 16:08, Lako42 said:

Anyone know what is going on with The Castle? 

Been closed due to an underground leak for what seems like ages. Says to check their social media for info but they don't actually have any.

Weird

they should have a facebook group according to the landlord. i was in there second friday of Jan as i randomly stumbled on the place when showing someone around town.