Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

Just now, westernpark said:

They wouldn’t be able to hear each other speak in QOB at that time on a Friday. But to be honest for a decent bar I’m struggling in Leicester, so it’s not the worse shout. 

That's true does get a bit livelier around that time, especially this time of year I bet. Can't be as bad as that Apres Lounge (is that still there?) I think I went in there on a Friday evening around this time last year, was horrendous, squashed in like sardines and couldn't hear a thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfc278 said:

That's true does get a bit livelier around that time, especially this time of year I bet. Can't be as bad as that Apres Lounge (is that still there?) I think I went in there on a Friday evening around this time last year, was horrendous, squashed in like sardines and couldn't hear a thing. 

Actually it might of been the other one next to it, Bruxelles is it? 

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Looking for somewhere to have a few drinks in town, after a meal on Friday night. Going to Tamantanga to eat with friends (we're all quite old) and looking for suggestions for a couple of hours post meal - 9 to 11pm. Not necessarily a pub, nice bar type place would be fine. Any suggestions?

Gadabout

Bottle Garden

33 Cank Street

Wygstons House

All worth a visit. Bottle Garden gets busy so you may need to book.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kenny said:

Another post worthy of this thread, Mill Hill Cask and Coffee.

What a boozer. Deffo worth a visit.

I live dead close to this but my link road has no pavement. Sigh. Went once and it seems like a really nice small place. Need to go more tbh.

In terms of pub on Friday, how about Knight & Garter? Seems nice enough the times I've been.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Wyggeston House is great, weirdly if it was in another city I think it’s the sort of pub I’d appreciate its more.

The summer offering utilising jubilee square makes it unique in the city. Heaving even in midweek when it's warm.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 00:41, Stadt said:

Wyggeston House is great, weirdly if it was in another city I think it’s the sort of pub I’d appreciate its more.

Had a quick Guinness in there last night which was good. Only issue is seating inside is so limited in the pub area. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

It just about hangs on with due to the open fire and beer but my word they have spoilt a lot of what was great about the Salmon.

Was always gonna happen when Alex left. They want to standardise the whole BCA estate, so it’s sellable to a bigger pub chain.