Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

2 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I've been going to locker room on Belvoir St past 2 games. They offer 20% discount to match tix holders. Pint of cruz and double vodka blackcurrant lemonade, £8.50.

Fancy a cruz but I'll pass on the chaser.

On 08/04/2024 at 16:04, FLAN said:

Daughter took me into the “Irish bar” on market street at weekend. Horrific place 

Never understood why they'd set up a Plastic Paddy type place there when you've got a genuine Irish-run boozer round the back.

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Never understood why they'd set up a Plastic Paddy type place there when you've got a genuine Irish-run boozer round the back.

Totally different audiences, K’OB’s proprietors seem to think Leicester is a student city like Nottingham or Sheffield are.

On 15/04/2024 at 19:08, Voll Blau said:

I remember when that Duffy's place was a Moroccan theme bar lol

On 03/04/2024 at 16:57, Tommy G said:

It's an absolute dive, the backroom doubles up as a nightclub kind of thing on fridays and saturdays for the dregs of society to hang out together. 

Jesus christ, that still there? remember being in the nightclub place xmas eve day time in 1999 lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, guest123 said:

The Narborough Arms has recently been renovated, after years of being in decline. Went in before going Millwall, seems decent but very expensive now. 

Amazed people used to go there when two very good pubs were a literal five minute walk away. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Amazed people used to go there when two very good pubs were a literal five minute walk away. 

the old inn is good, i use that a lot but the plough you run a serious risk of barring just for swearing in conversation.

the arms 20 odd years ago was the place to be on a friday, used to be rammed. in fact late 90's it was a toss up between the arms and tom thumb in blaby (now long gone) which was the best boozer in the whole south leicester area. trouble was the brewery started emphasising cheap food and over the years many of the drinkers drifted away. was still popular with the younger lot as they can get away with more than in other pubs in the area.

6 hours ago, guest123 said:

The Narborough Arms has recently been renovated, after years of being in decline. Went in before going Millwall, seems decent but very expensive now. 

Will the renovation put the drug users off?

27 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

What's the Salmon like these days? Actually going out tomorrow and despite having lived in Leicester for all but 3 of my 49 years I've managed to never go in there

Well it’s had a terrible refurb befitting of a spoons etc. However, the new landlord has become a bit better at keeping their beer, first pint I had in October had a fairy liquid head! It’s a bit out the way, I suppose that can be for better or for worse. 

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Well it’s had a terrible refurb befitting of a spoons etc. However, the new landlord has become a bit better at keeping their beer, first pint I had in October had a fairy liquid head! It’s a bit out the way, I suppose that can be for better or for worse. 

If that means it's a bit dead that's not a problem for me. I love the Castle, but if I can't get a table then, well, I'll be mildly grumpy.

Mind always goes blank when I try to remember what pubs there actually are in town now. I need to read back through this

34 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If that means it's a bit dead that's not a problem for me. I love the Castle, but if I can't get a table then, well, I'll be mildly grumpy.

Mind always goes blank when I try to remember what pubs there actually are in town now. I need to read back through this

Personally think we should all agree on here to never talk about the castle, so we don’t have to worry about getting tables!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/04/2024 at 19:33, westernpark said:

Personally think we should all agree on here to never talk about the castle, so we don’t have to worry about getting tables!

Indeed

Stay away folks 

• Haha 1

Don't venture much into town but we had a works get together on Friday night at Rutland & Derby on Millstone Lane.

Very nice, good atmosphere and lovely set up.

• Like 2