Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

50 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes it would and I don't blame mahrez for wanting to make these hipster sandwiches but I'd like to repay my current sandwich place for plucking me from irrelevant sandwich making in my kitchen and give them time to find my replacement. But then on the flip side. Probably says worse about me than I'd like but if I had the chance to take my sandwich place to the next level I'd do that. Then leave when they're at that level.

If you get what I mean? lol

No idea at all. X

Man City only want him to cover a short term injury, then he's back on the bench.

Chances are they won't go for him in the summer once the squad has time to rest and more transfer options are available.

Can see why Mahrez is desparate but we ain't gonna just roll over and let teams rip us off. Full price or no price. Simple

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/912501/Riyad-Mahrez-Arsenal-transfer-news   Express are saying the deal is off - but he still wants to go to Arsenal. Not going to happen.  We donlt know what was said to Riyad - it was reported the club said int he summer if we get 50 million from a champions league club we will let you go and they have now changed the value...  I'd be pissed off.....

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

the roma joke was beyond a joke, it was disrespectful.
iirc, the roma guy said that the club didn't want to do business, i'm sure barca would have came with a decent offer (the 35-45 million range) and seeing that it was riyad's dream move, he might have felt cheated (which was a naive move from him)

he came prepared for the dirty business this time, i hate to see him doing that to get his move but that's football for ya, you twist arms or you get nothing done

Even if Barca offered 35 - 45 do you honestly think that's a fair price for him? 

I'm personally not mad at him. I was just explaining why people are mad at him. But man city offering 55 and him coming out with this shite (should it be true) was poor by him. His agent has advised him shockingly poor. Just because its man city or barca or whoever why should we bend over backwards to accommodate them? They either pay what we want or don't get him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah absolutely. Don’t begrudge him his ‘dream move’. What’s shitty is the timing of it which I’m sure you can understand and the morons thinking we should take £50m and be happy with it. Just needs to treat the club with respect. If the right offer comes in he’ll go with most of our blessings 

i was against the 50 million figure all season long, it's just too low.
i see 70 as a fair price tag, we get a good amount of money while not keeping an an happy player.

there is a thing that people seem to brush over. we can't attract any big young talents if this mahrez situastion gets any chaotic, players would go to everton or southampton because those clubs will be prepared to sell them when the time comes.

people think it's all about the "now", if keeping an unhappy mahrez and selling him in the summer for 10-15 million less while painting a negative image of how the club deals with selling one of it's best players, then i have to decline

1 minute ago, hackneyfoxx said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/912501/Riyad-Mahrez-Arsenal-transfer-news   Express are saying the deal is off - but he still wants to go to Arsenal. Not going to happen.  We donlt know what was said to Riyad - it was reported the club said int he summer if we get 50 million from a champions league club we will let you go and they have now changed the value...  I'd be pissed off.....

The market changes though bud

currently Worth £100 million at least in today’s stupid market

1 minute ago, hackneyfoxx said:

And rightly so.

also it was reported, not by the club

34 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

People saying Mahrez is worth this that the other.

The reason Van Dijk went for 75mill was because Liverpool desperately need a decent centre back.

Attacking players aren't any more premium as there are arguably more choice.

For all the £142m Countinho (which is crazy and Barca have massively overspent) there is a 35m Salah or a 55m Aubamayeng 

Not many players have gone for more than £60m and I don't get the feeling Man City are 'desperate' for Mahrez like Liverpool were for a CB or Barcelona were for a big name replacement for Neymar. 

70m is therefore a good price. I wouldn't take any less. He wants to leave. It would be nice to get 100m for him but we won't. He's helped us stay up this year. We should let him have his move. He owes us nothing.

Very outdated point of view.

1 - he owes us his contract terms if we dont sell up.

2 - 70m is a good price because thats what man city want to pay? very odd way of thinking.

3 - you talk as if we have to sell him, have I missed something, is there a release clause or something?

The one big flaw to your argument is you have not mentioned what he is worth to us as a club.

You talked about his value to man city.

You talked about him wanting to leave as if thats the deciding the factor or something.

But no mention of his value to us.

Edited by Chrysalis

16 minutes ago, lcfcbobby said:

We should sell mahrez for £70m then submit the paperwork 14 seconds late and watch as fifa allow the transfer go through because its to man city! Then we can put in a complaint and threaten fifa for compensation over how they refused to budge on he Silva issue and rinse them dry then we can by the league like man city, man Utd nd Chelsea have all done! Rather then win the league on merit like us and Blackburn did!

Errr. Blackburn were the very first team to ‘buy’ the (premier) league....

Shearer, Sutton etc 

Edited by truebluethroughandthrough
  • Like 2

If any of the supposed antics of not turning up for training etc are true and with last years airport shenanigans, he is just losing respect and integrity.

Who would, in their right mind, want to chuck big money at a serial toy chucker?

From the outside, it just looks like he's prepared to play games to get what he wants, whether that's a move away or  play mopey football because he didn't get what he wanted.

For the good of the club, get rid today!

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Even if Barca offered 35 - 45 do you honestly think that's a fair price for him

I'm personally not mad at him. I was just explaining why people are mad at him. But man city offering 55 and him coming out with this shite (should it be true) was poor by him. His agent has advised him shockingly poor. Just because its man city or barca or whoever why should we bend over backwards to accommodate them? They either pay what we want or don't get him. 

last year after a bad season and it's barca we are talking about then i would've been happy with 45 million

Kinda strange that despite him being one of the best players in the premiership and desperately wanting to leave that top clubs with huge wealth cant fork up 80-90m when they'll happy to pay more than that for untested premiership players.