Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea City (H) Pre Match Thread

Think we need a big win here, to prove to ourselves we can win without Riyad.

Schmeichel

Simpson Dragovic Maguire Fuchs

Diabate Ndidi Silva Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy/Iheanacho

I sort of think Iheanacho deserves to start but as someone else said, now probably isn't the time to rock the boat too much.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

One thought that has been bugging me for the last week is Demerai Gray and how to get the best out of him......

Has anyone thought how he's only really been effective on the right hand side (Everton home game, his best by some distance). As a 10 or on the left, he's so predictable.

Now's the time to try him there, with Albrighton on the left (again he's much better there).

Come on Claude, you know you want to know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I was undecided about Fuchs too, but just think he's really really slowed down as of late, and I think we could really do with Chilwell's pace. I like the thought of putting Silva further forward, but again just don't think it's the match for experimenting too much. Really want to get Nacho on there at some point tomorrow though - he deserves it. 

Agree re. Fuchs' decline, though he's improved slightly recently, I think.

But he seems like a good man to have in a crisis, right temperament/experience, whereas Chilwell might feel the pressure, as I gather he had a stinker at Everton.

Silva seems to be quick to adapt, so far, though I take your point about the timing of experiments.

Quite agree about Nacho. I'd like to see him come on with at least 20-30 mins to go, but maybe for Vardy. He seems much happier in the main striker role.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

He seems much happier in the main striker role.

I could be making this up in my head, but I recall a pre-season match where they were linking up really well together, and I was thinking 'this looks promising'. Then Nacho got injured and ever since the apparent crisis of confidence... 

• Like 2

Just start the youth for the hell of it:

Kasper

Amartey Drag Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Silva

Diabate Gray Barnes

Ian

There's only three players over 24.

Now ist the time.

Lets get Diabete,Nacho ,Gray Silva in Board.

Managers Job to motivate..

I Would be telling,These Guys...

Nows Your Chance,Your the new Kids on the Block,With Silva we are giving you

a Link and Lynch Pin, to give and feed the service you should be gasping for,with

Vardy opening those Spaces for you,now Go Out and prove that confidence I have

in you is deserved. So Go Out and Ring some Swans!!!

Schmeichel

Amartey

Drago

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva

Iborra/James

Diabete/Gray

Nacho

Vardy

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Just start the youth for the hell of it:

Kasper

Amartey Drag Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Silva

Diabate Gray Barnes

Ian

There's only three players over 24.

Chilwell!!! Have you ever seen him play.

3 weeks ago this would have been a virtually guaranteed 3 points that I would have had no anxiety about at all.

How things can change so quickly in football. Still - a good win here and I hope everyone will feel a lot happier.

Struggling to pick a team for this, but I think Silva must start.

Albrighton and Nacho on the bench to come on as a plan B if we still need a goal. 

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Now ist the time.

Lets get Diabete,Nacho ,Gray Silva in Board.

Managers Job to motivate..

I Would be telling,These Guys...

Nows Your Chance,Your the new Kids on the Block,With Silva we are giving you

a Link and Lynch Pin, to give and feed the service you should be gasping for,with

Vardy opening those Spaces for you,now Go Out and prove that confidence I have

in you is deserved. So Go Out and Ring some Swans!!!

Schmeichel

Amartey

Drago

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva

Iborra/James

Diabete/Gray

Nacho

Vardy

We'll get stuffed even if all 13 start.

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

3 weeks ago this would have been a virtually guaranteed 3 points that I would have had no anxiety about at all.

How things can change so quickly in football. Still - a good win here and I hope everyone will feel a lot happier.

Struggling to pick a team for this, but I think Silva must start.

Albrighton and Nacho on the bench to come on as a plan B if we still need a goal. 

How could you leave Albrighton on the match for a game like this? If there's ever any player in the team that will put 110% into it and keep the faith, it is him.  

9 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

No more fannying around; start Adrien Silva. Who cares if he’s rusty? He can’t serve up anything worse than James did on Wednesday. 

James will never be a top-class player. Silva already is one. No brainer that he starts tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

No more fannying around; start Adrien Silva. Who cares if he’s rusty? He can’t serve up anything worse than James did on Wednesday. 

I must say, I Want Silva to be given His reins,also With Ndidi and Iborra,doing the leg work

• Like 1

On 01/02/2018 at 17:08, SuperMike said:

Time now for Silva to become a fixture. He needs to play (and, yes, he will make the occasional mistake) cos he and Ndidi are the way forward.

I agree, now's the time. 

I said last week that that is definitely the future but that he had not done enough to dislodge James.

Now I don' think James has done enough to keep his place and with silly bollocks gone walkabouts his experience will now be useful in the team as well.

Having rewatched his last assist for nacho I wonder whether the okazaki role might be good for him, and tomorrows as good a game as any to find out

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

For Claude this game is the trickiest team selection he’s had since his arrival. None of us really know the behind the scenes shenanigans going on with Mahrez. For me, if he’s available he’s got to start, end of. 

I don’t see how you can start James ahead of Silva, the latter offers much more. Fuchs for Chilwell? Don’t know!

Good luck with this one Claude, anything less than a win against a bottom 3 side will be damaging for us. 

I obviously want us to win but you can't discount form. 

Hardly a fair comment re "bottom 3" On it's own. Win 2 and they could be 10th.

Lose 2 and we could be 9th.

Hardly the gap you've made out it is.

As a Cardiff Man I really hope we thrash them

However, Carvalhal has them playing as a Team again

With everything that's gone on with us this week, this really could be a train wreck for us.

Or, ( and I hoping ) the catalyst for the Team to show there is life after Mahrez.