Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knowf***all

Neutral ground

really hope they don't, but if because it's their " home ground " this season they would have to play somewhere else and therefore do the opponents out of a big pay day

bad enough semis are played there anyway 

perhaps spurs should have been made to play all their( home)  cup games at a different ground

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

FA Cup semi-finals should not be played at Wembley to my mind, it never used to happen and belittles the competition.

I agree. I think it should be at a neutral ground though like how it used to be. Somewhere in the middle of where the two teams are based, where there is a decent enough ground of course, if not somewhere where the fans of both sides have to travel a similar distance. Say if Leicester played one of the Manchester clubs the ground would be at Stoke. They'd be a fair few people against it but I think it would be really good. 

The FA have killed an prestige that Wembley had. It lost a lot of it's charm and identity when it was rebuilt and now we have so many games there, due to the cups semis, Tottenham and in a couple of years no doubt Chelsea as well.

It's no longer an honour to play there. It's just another stadium.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Really wish they had just done up the old Wembley and kept things as they were.

Semi finals at grounds like Hillsborough and Villa Park just added an extra dimension to the competition, and there used to be a certain awe around the old Wembley. These days, it's just oversaturated and soulless- a cavernous, unatmospheric corporate venue.

Agree 100%. Don't like it one bit and even more so if the price of further devaluation of the cup.

I think Wembley symbolises a lot wrong with football to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donut said:

One thing I do miss about the old days was semi finals being Villa Park and Old Trafford

It would be fantastic to return to that. I'd throw a few more grounds into that as well. Arsenal, Liverpool, Sheff Weds, Leeds - and if this rumoured expansion happens, maybe even us, it'd have both the size and the location.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

It would be fantastic to return to that. I'd throw a few more grounds into that as well. Arsenal, Liverpool, Sheff Weds, Leeds - and if this rumoured expansion happens, maybe even us, it'd have both the size and the location.

Totally agree it keeps the prestige of reaching Wembley to the final, keeps the tradition of the competition too.

Id also make sure that the final is definitely a 3pm Saturday kick off.

Im ok with league games being moved and I don't really mind even the introduction of Friday nights, but I think a centrepiece game like the FA cup should have a "normal" slot for broadcasting.

• Like 2