Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

The 50 Worst Premier Players Ever!! (by FourFourTwo)

28 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Was Frank Sinclair actually any good? too young too remember back in the day but from the clips I've seen of him on Gaffs video's he was known for quite a few own goals.

He played well as part of a central three.  He was used as RWB on occasion but struggled there.  He was decent and pretty quick.  Impey and Savage eventually played RWB.

I'd agree with all 3 of those to be fair. Didn't remember Junior Lewis had even played in the Premier League, my memories are of him loping around in the Championship chasing the ball and getting nowhere near it and only being able to pass in the exact direction he was looking in. He looked so out of his depth there, never mind Premier League standards.

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'd agree with all 3 of those to be fair. Didn't remember Junior Lewis had even played in the Premier League, my memories are of him loping around in the Championship chasing the ball and getting nowhere near it and only being able to pass in the exact direction he was looking in. He looked so out of his depth there, never mind Premier League standards.

He replaced Neil Lennon in Taylor’s first season

Akinbiyi replaced Stan collymore. Ade could trap a ball further then Stan could kick it 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

25 Premier League appearances, 9 Division 1!

39 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think the mists of time have clouded some people's judgement about how truly dreadful Akinbiyi was.  Ball bouncing off his shins, skimming off his head, running it out of touch.  So bad he was routinely booed by Leicester fans after each glaring miss.  He had a terrible first season and worse second.  11 goals in 58 games doesn't tell the story.

He had pace and I remember him being put through for one on ones several times.  He was so bad I wouldn't even bother getting out of my seat in anticipation, you just knew the ball was gonna end up in the kop.

He became a laughing stock and the worst I ever saw in blue.

This post immediately made me think of the game vs Liverpool.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, David Lowe said:

I'm surprised Lewis is there - he is probably not a player many people outside of City remember. Akinbiyi was more well known and it was quite a story at the time. Musa has not been great but probably a bit harsh on him.

I'm not sure being remembered outside of Leicester is a valid criterion. The fact is that he was fvckin useless - just how useless is something I've been trying to forget for the past 17 years.

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Still feel sorry for Akinbiyi now. You could tell there was a player in there, and he had a decent first season. Ultimately, he ended up as one of the least confident players I've ever seen in the relegation season. It was strange though, he still wanted to get on the end of crosses but as soon as the ball came near him he completely lost his head. Pressure of his price tag probably didn't help.

Musa though- not sure there's much of a player there. Had the touch of a mule since day 1.

I agree. I must have seen him play at least 20 times, and he used to get into really good positions and then fluff the chance when it came to him - like he could read the game, but not play it.

Someone else has mentioned "that" Liverpool game. I was there, looking down from the old Double Decker stand as he missed four or five real sitters - chances that I would probably have put away (and I was in my late 50s). I felt almost sorry for him at the time - almost, but not quite.

55 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Junior Lewis was a real strange one, remember seeing him on his debut and when the ball came to him he just looked to panic and seemed to have no control at all, don't know what he had over Taylor.

He was pretty good on his debut. Then it went downhill fast.

16 minutes ago, Foxfromburbage said:

Football has progressed over the years but i'd happily have Frank Sinclair in our team today. Great player despite being remembered for some great own goals

Absolutely. Tough and smart defender. Bit of a wrong-un off the pitch, apparently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Worst premier league players or worst signings, big difference. Wouldn't have Musa in the worst players as the bloke barely played to even register.

Thats the key distinction.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Was Frank Sinclair actually any good? too young too remember back in the day but from the clips I've seen of him on Gaffs video's he was known for quite a few own goals.

He's suffered from the same treatment as Emile Heskey, a very decent player who has been reduced to being ridiculed in GIFs on Twitter and such shit.

Sinclair did score a few own goals (only really Middlesbrough that was truly outlandish) but was a solid player in the main. How many own goals did Jamie Carragher score? Yet he is revered as a class defender.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I'm not sure being remembered outside of Leicester is a valid criterion. The fact is that he was fvckin useless - just how useless is something I've been trying to forget for the past 17 years.

I feel that a lot have got on the list for that reason though. There must be loads of others who have been rubbish for various clubs such as Swindon as mentioned earlier - but these tend to be players who made a bad name for themselves across the country... I'm not sure Lewis did that.

Lets be honest they could have picked any number of players from our relegation seasons in 01/02 & 03/04.

Heath

Ashton

Lee Marshall

Jacob Laursen (although decent for Derby)

Benjamin

Curtis

Rogers

Or 94/95 for that matter

Willis

Mohan

Blake

Carey

Etc.

Edited by pds

47 minutes ago, pds said:

Lets be honest they could have picked any number of players from our relegation seasons in 01/02 & 03/04.

Heath

Ashton

Lee Marshall

Jacob Laursen (although decent for Derby)

Benjamin

Curtis

Rodgers

Or 94/95 for that matter

Willis

Mohan

Blake

Carey

Etc.

Forgot about mohan

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’d agree with all 3! Akinbiyi and Musa were record signings so you can’t help but be highly disappointed in both. 

Thinking about how fast Peter Taylor ruined MON’s work makes me sad. 

I was at uni when Taylor came in, living far away from Leicester. I remember being agog virtually daily as news of shit signing after shit signing hit the papers. £20m blown on the likes of Scowcroft, akinbiyi, Davidson, lewis, Benjamin etc. Ok some ended up being almost average in the championship but for where we were when they came in.....ffs I could still get angry.