Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

The 50 Worst Premier Players Ever!! (by FourFourTwo)

Junior Lewis, yes, just awful player.

Akinbiyi wasn't that bad, he scored 9 in his first full season, which isn't great but there have been many  poorer returns from strikers. 2 in his second, but he has a much more interesting story than some shit striker who was completely out of his depth. Really 20 of those 50 should be the Swindon team and that Derby team. 5 million was a lot back than, maybe top 50 worst buys, but not top 50 worst player.

Same with Musa really, there have been plenty of worse footballers than him, but the money we paid the context of the buy, reigning champs and all, makes it a much worse buy.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

As I suspected it is the typical well they weren't successful in the premier league so they are shit.

Falco, Cornelius, Van De Meyde all good footballers else where.

It should be the 50 least successful players in the premier league, weighted by transfer fee and expectation, but that isn't a very snappy title.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’d agree with all 3! Akinbiyi and Musa were record signings so you can’t help but be highly disappointed in both.

Worst premier league players or worst signings, big difference. Wouldn't have Musa in the worst players as the bloke barely played to even register.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Worst premier league players or worst signings, big difference. Wouldn't have Musa in the worst players as the bloke barely played to even register.

Tbf Dia came first and played one game. And probably not even a full 90.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf Dia came first and played one game. And probably not even a full 90.

He came on in the 30th min or so for Le Tissier was hauled off 50 mins later.

#lolatsouness

Edited by ZeGuy

13 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He came on in the 30th min or so for Le Tissier was hauled off 50 mins later.

#lolatsouness

Almost scored as well, didn't he? Well a cross/shot on target anyway. 

It is mental to think that he got away with that. Nowadays alarm bells would be ringing when the resident Foxestalkers couldn't find him on Football Manager or Youtube. 

Whenever Souness is inevitably giving it large, bitterly talking shite on telly about us, which he does every time he's a pundit for one of our games, I recall the Ali Dia story. 

And a wave of comfort washes over me having just remembered that Graeme Souness is an absolute f**king moron. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Junior Lewis, yes, just awful player.

Akinbiyi wasn't that bad, he scored 9 in his first full season, which isn't great but there have been many  poorer returns from strikers. 2 in his second, but he has a much more interesting story than some shit striker who was completely out of his depth. Really 20 of those 50 should be the Swindon team and that Derby team. 5 million was a lot back than, maybe top 50 worst buys, but not top 50 worst player.

Same with Musa really, there have been plenty of worse footballers than him, but the money we paid the context of the buy, reigning champs and all, makes it a much worse buy.

Definitely.

Jason Scotland, Marlon King, Jozy Altidore, Van Wolfswinkel off the top of my head were much worse than either Akinbiyi and Musa were in the PL. Haven't seen the list but if none of those make the cut it's scandalous, so bad.

Still feel sorry for Akinbiyi now. You could tell there was a player in there, and he had a decent first season. Ultimately, he ended up as one of the least confident players I've ever seen in the relegation season. It was strange though, he still wanted to get on the end of crosses but as soon as the ball came near him he completely lost his head. Pressure of his price tag probably didn't help.

Musa though- not sure there's much of a player there. Had the touch of a mule since day 1.

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Was Frank Sinclair actually any good? too young too remember back in the day but from the clips I've seen of him on Gaffs video's he was known for quite a few own goals.

Yes he was a very good defender for us with the occasional lapse in concentration.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Still feel sorry for Akinbiyi now. You could tell there was a player in there, and he had a decent first season. Ultimately, he ended up as one of the least confident players I've ever seen in the relegation season. It was strange though, he still wanted to get on the end of crosses but as soon as the ball came near him he completely lost his head. Pressure of his price tag probably didn't help.

Musa though- not sure there's much of a player there. Had the touch of a mule since day 1.

I think the mists of time have clouded some people's judgement about how truly dreadful Akinbiyi was.  Ball bouncing off his shins, skimming off his head, running it out of touch.  So bad he was routinely booed by Leicester fans after each glaring miss.  He had a terrible first season and worse second.  11 goals in 58 games doesn't tell the story.

He had pace and I remember him being put through for one on ones several times.  He was so bad I wouldn't even bother getting out of my seat in anticipation, you just knew the ball was gonna end up in the kop.

He became a laughing stock and the worst I ever saw in blue.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Wellens

What is this? 

First off, Wellens didn't play in the Premier League.

Secondly, he was a solid player for us - that side of 09/10 who somehow finished top 6 at a time when there were some quality teams in the Championship will always be heroic for me. I've been a season ticket holder since 2002 (the opening of the ground) and 09/10 was the first time I saw us compete in a play off campaign.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Was Frank Sinclair actually any good? too young too remember back in the day but from the clips I've seen of him on Gaffs video's he was known for quite a few own goals.

Pretty sure he was our player of the year one season. Good defender remembered unfairly for a couple of OGs.

• Like 1