Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bellend Sebastian

Explosion on Hinckley Road

5 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I doubt this was an insurance scam. Killing 4 people in the process. Would be completly sick and mass murder

Meant to quote someone but didnt...someone said that narborough road was a gas explosion but I was just saying it was deliberate 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adam1 said:

Gas explosions are not common. However with Birstall recently and this (odds on it is a gas explosion), its a bit of a coincidence that we have two major explosions in a short period of time within a few miles of each other.

I suppose it depends how you define common. 

They're sadly not all that uncommon either. If it is gas, this is obviously a large one, but making out like they're super rare and there's some shady narrative here (or some mega spooky coincidence if you weren't being cynical) is probably a little ott. 

These things are generally more likely to happen when it's the colder months. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite a few more are missing, according to this article?..

But, presumably, they're the ones that sadly died?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-43209057

I've seen one of the people named in that article pop up a lot on facebook in the last days with people paying tribute to them, so assume that yes, these are probably the five deceased, albeit not officially confirmed.

On 26/02/2018 at 14:45, ajthefox said:

Just by posting her twitter in this thread, her platform and her infamy has increased.

Don't give her the airtime.

I certainly don't read anything by her and only hear of her when she's mentioned on this forum - it's the woman who didn't win the apprentice isn't it? - Funny to see the number of posts about her from some of those saying not to give her "airtime".

There are loads of vile high profile people because it's all about being a celebrity now.  what's worse is that there are millions of "normal" vile people who share those same views. Education is the answer. I always quote Leicester as one of the greatest successes for multi-culturalism and going through an education system where as a kid I shared a classroom table, meals and playtime with a turbaned sikh, a hindu, a west indian, a pole and a white brit, it's something I'm proud of. Kids are kids and at heart we're all kids.

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

Amen.

My wife teaches Y6 and says kids are still like this - best of friends irrespective of colour, creed, etc.

It only ever changes because cvnt adults teach them to hate their friends & neighbours. 

True. Kids aren't born to hate. People aren't born evil, they are corrupted by others. 

• Like 1

Funny I was having exactly this conversation this evening. I too am very proud of where we live, my children all have friends of different races and religions, and it's just never been mentioned, and why would it? To them they are just their friends, they don't see a difference. My dad was fond of telling me when I was a teenager that he didn't mind who I brought home as long as he was 'white and working', and as much as I loved him, I'm so glad things have moved on. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Worthington said:

CCTV of the point of explosion is online now!

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but, watching it, it seems very much that the outward force, (explosion), seems to come, primarily, from ground floor level....ie the shop premises !

Could be someone using a propane gas heater.

1 minute ago, somebum said:

Yeah God forbid someone to have another opinion

did you even see the tweet? 

she made a joke on the morning of the explosion quoting the film Four Lions - implying that it was a muslim bomber that caused the explosion.

that's not an opinion - it's ****ed up behaviour.