Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

1 hour ago, Albert said:

There are better options out there than Puel so if I was in charge I’d be definitely looking at someone else.

Who? There are better managers than Puel but who realistically is going to join us, especially if we ditch Puel? From the outside it'll appear even more of an unjust sacking. The media heat was bad enough when we ****ed Shakespeare off despite being in the relegation zone.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

The owners had no say in where  Shakespeare went or whether Walsh will be leaving Everton or not. Pearson was out of work when Puel was appointed, they could have appointed him then.

That's right, but there again, Pearson could have been offered the job and refused it unless walsh was re-appointed who himself  was under secret instructions from the owners via double agent shakey to screw everton over as they're a league rival to us (position wise).  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

We sacked Ranieri in the following season after he won the title and Shakespeare didn't last until November and yet Puel was happy to sign for us.

There certainly didn't seem like many others were desperate to manage us. We really don't want to develop a reputation of a club that change their manager every few months. Seriously, would you want to manage a club if you know you're just going to be sacked if you have a few bad games? The only way that Puel shouldn't be our manager at the start of next season is if the owners and Rudkin are able to tap someone up who is indisputably a better option than Puel, which is something they don't do.

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

There certainly didn't seem like many others were desperate to manage us. We really don't want to develop a reputation of a club that change their manager every few months. Seriously, would you want to manage a club if you know you're just going to be sacked if you have a few bad games? The only way that Puel shouldn't be our manager at the start of next season is if the owners and Rudkin are able to tap someone up who is indisputably a better option than Puel, which is something they don't do.

We tapped Pearson up from Hull.

95% of managers get their jobs because their predecessors have been sacked. We're an attractive prospect and we pay good wages, we won't be struggling for applicants should a vacancy arise.

95% of managers get their jobs because their predecessors have been sacked. We're an attractive prospect and we pay good wages, we won't be struggling for applicants should a vacancy arise.

While Sven was still here? I seem to recall it taking nearly two weeks?

We might, though, be struggling for good applicants if they feel like they won’t get enough time to make their mark and that they’d be better off waiting for another, less precarious job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

We might, though, be struggling for good applicants if they feel like they won’t get enough time to make their mark and that they’d be better off waiting for another, less precarious job. 

a) Were not talking minimum wage here, if they only last 6 months they're likely to pocket at least a million.

b) There aren't that many jobs available at any one time that you can just sit back and wait for the perfect opportunity.

Just now, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I think, Nigel, that managers know they have a limited time at any club. Didn't you once say the average time for a manager, such as yourself, was 14 months.

20 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We are an attractive club, for me Rafa would be an upgrade on Puel.

Why are we attractive? 

Since we got promoted we've had four different managers, three of which were sacked. How long was Shakespeare here as manager?

If Rafa leaves Newcastle, which I cannot see at the minute, he'll go to a bigger club than us.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Where on earth has this myth come from? 

Since he's been here he's always picked a core group of players or a 'spine' if you will, of Schmeichel, Maguire, Morgan, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy, provided they're available of course.  Other players have been inconsistent so have rightfully not starting every game. 

Regarding your second point, no manager worth their salt will want to come to us if we keep sacking managers. Especially if certain players keep throwing tantrums when the manager tries something different.

1) You’ve named 6 players that are obviously going to start as they are the best we have. It’s the chopping & changing of the other 5 that is the problem especially when the tactics completely isolate your main scorer and nullify the attacking attributes of the other forward thinking players. Also when your relying on Simpson (who has zero attacking threat) & Chilwell (who can’t cross a ball) as outlets out wide you’ve got problems.

2) If u think a manager wouldn’t want to join us due to a fear of being sacked you might want to do a little research on the payouts they get if they are shown the door. It’s like winning the lottery for failing at your job.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Before Rafa was appointed at Newcastle Steve MacLaren was manager who lasted 9 months and before him John Carver who lasted 6 and yet that didn't put him off.

That's a good point tbf .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

1) You’ve named 6 players that are obviously going to start as they are the best we have. It’s the chopping & changing of the other 5 that is the problem especially when the tactics completely isolate your main scorer and nullify the attacking attributes of the other forward thinking players. Also when your relying on Simpson (who has zero attacking threat) & Chilwell (who can’t cross a ball) as outlets out wide you’ve got problems.

2) If u think a manager wouldn’t want to join us due to a fear of being sacked you might want to do a little research on the payouts they get if they are shown the door. It’s like winning the lottery for failing at your job.

And as I've mentioned, the other areas are up for grabs. In fact I was being lenient by only including six when the reality is that Simpson has started whenever he's been available and Albrighton has started on most occasions as so it's more like eight/ regular starters than six. Also factor in the Christmas football schedule being more hectic this season than in recent times. With regards to the full backs, doesn't that just highlight the issue that these aren't his players? Why would he not let his full backs come over the halfway line when that's how he wants his team to play? It's not clicking in that respect because those two aren't good enough at it, but surely we should still put it into practice if he knows he wants to bring more capable full backs in? 

It's not the fear of being sacked that's the issue, the fear of being sacked despite not being given a chance to put your own real stamp on it is. I accept that most managerial changes come from sackings but forgive me for being concerned at the prospect of a new manager every 9 months. 

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

1st off I want to give Puel the close season, see what changes to personal there are. 

At present I don’t think you would go far wrong with Dych. 

Apart from the fact Dyche plays exactly the same was a Puel. Generally defensive. Fair play it works for Burnley but how many times do they grind out 1-0 wins at home.

I don't mind Dyche and he has done superb at Burnley but he's no different to / no better than Puel.

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

And as I've mentioned, the other areas are up for grabs. In fact I was being lenient by only including six when the reality is that Simpson has started whenever he's been available and Albrighton has started on most occasions as so it's more like eight/ regular starters than six. Also factor in the Christmas football schedule being more hectic this season than in recent times. With regards to the full backs, doesn't that just highlight the issue that these aren't his players? Why would he not let his full backs come over the halfway line when that's how he wants his team to play? It's not clicking in that respect because those two aren't good enough at it, but surely we should still put it into practice if he knows he wants to bring more capable full backs in? 

It's not the fear of being sacked that's the issue, the fear of being sacked despite not being given a chance to put your own real stamp on it is. I accept that most managerial changes come from sackings but forgive me for being concerned at the prospect of a new manager every 9 months. 

Puel isn’t the only manager that can change the way we play. As I said I have no issue with that. My issue is his lack of personality and clear motivational issues of players both here and at Southampton. If u had the choice of Marco Silva or Puel who would u choose?

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Apart from the fact Dyche plays exactly the same was a Puel. Generally defensive. Fair play it works for Burnley but how many times do they grind out 1-0 wins at home.

I don't mind Dyche and he has done superb at Burnley but he's no different to / no better than Puel.

The way he goes about is different I guess. His 'defensive style' doesn't revolve so much around possession as much as it does shape, work ethic and just wanting to the basics. 

What I do admire about Sean Dyche though is that he clearly doesn't take any messing and he does have a set identity and way of playing. I wanted him here back in October and a I was laughed at by certain people on here. 

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Unlikely it'll happen, but think Eddie Howe's adventurous and forward intent in his team would suit LCFC's midfielders and forwards.

Will be interesting to see if he stays on at Bournemouth or is waiting for someone else like Everton to get rid of their current manager.

Puel is under big pressure now. Hope the team has received a wake-up call.

Managers like Howe and Dyche have only had success at one club and it could be a risk to see if worked at another club. Also, don't think the last comment is entirely true.

18 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

1st off I want to give Puel the close season, see what changes to personal there are. 

At present I don’t think you would go far wrong with Dyche

People moan about the style of football Puel plays but my god Burnley play some awful stuff under Dyche.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

Puel isn’t the only manager that can change the way we play. As I said I have no issue with that. My issue is his lack of personality and clear motivational issues of players both here and at Southampton. If u had the choice of Marco Silva or Puel who would u choose?

Puel.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Marco Silva after the way he downed tools at Watford when he didn't get his Everton move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Honesty not much in it. Probably Puel, but only because Silva has shown some concerning signs from the end of his short time at Watford. I'm not overly inspired by what I've seen under Puel recently and these recent performances have been very concerning. If it was a straight choice between Puel and Benitez, that's a different story. Benitez all day long.

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Honesty not much in it. Probably Puel, but only because Silva has shown some concerning signs from the end of his short time at Watford. I'm not overly inspired by what I've seen under Puel recently and these recent performances have been very concerning. If it was a straight choice between Puel and Benitez, that's a different story. Benitez all day long.

100% I’d have Benitez all day long mate but he won’t jump ship at Newcastle now that they’re staying up and an imminent takeover.

Going back to Puel I have no issue with what he’s trying to do and respect what he’s achieved as a manager but I just don’t have confidence that he can achieve it and have massive concerns on his personality and the lack of motivation he seems to have on the players