Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

Just now, Heymister2015 said:

Be fair to give him transfer windows. He's working with Simpson, albrighton and James ATM who aren't good enough for us anymore

Harsh on Albrighton.

But I have always said that every manager should get a pre-season and a transfer window prior to being executed.

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Harsh on Albrighton.

But I have always said that every manager should get a pre-season and a transfer window prior to being executed.

Whereas I believe they should always be allowed a halftime team talk.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/03/2018 at 05:09, Albert said:

Bearing in mind they’d have a pretty large war chest to improve an already good squad, owners with big ambitions and the chance to manage in the Prem, better optiins would be...

1) Brendan Rogers

2) Marco Silva

3) Rafa Benitez

4) Tunchel

At a critical stage in the clubs development where it’s quite obvious the squad needs an overhaul I don’t think Puel can be trusted with that responsibility. He doesn’t have the right personality and has already shown to be very erratic in his decision making & tactics. 

The owners aren’t stupid and have already shown how ruthless they are. Personally I can’t see them sticking with him if better options are available.

What’s the latest Albert?

16 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Are you for real, those 2 would not come to Leicester, I think Puel has done a good job so far why do people want him out, 

I’m just having a wild stab in the dark but I don’t think he was being serious ......

albert’s list has tuchel on it - he is clearly waiting for a specific job (arsenal or Bayern)

marco silva - would you sack someone to get him in?  The current Watford manager is getting decent results with the same squad (I think)

rogers is waiting for a bigger job the lcfc 

benitez is an interesting one - he may see it as a fun challenge to take on our ‘dressing room’ if Puel’s struggles continue to the end of the season.  If Newcastle are sold to a big investor then he will probably stay there. 

Gravel gob only lives in Kettering (I think ?) but If Burnley qualify for Europe, I don't think we'd get him. I know he's not very popular on here, but he seems to have a good track record of signing lower league players, and turning them into Prem standard players. Which would be very appealing to most owners/chairman. Plus his teams always seem to graft their bollocks off for him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Are you for real, those 2 would not come to Leicester, I think Puel has done a good job so far why do people want him out, 

I am 4 reeeeeeeeeeeeeeel, never meant to make yo daughter cry I apologise a million times.

• Haha 1

On 08/03/2018 at 11:47, HunKs said:

I enjoy the passing game that Puel has pioneered, it certainly is more progressive than the (found-out and easily defendable) AAAy-Up-And-Under. I think that only bad luck (Good Goalies and wood work) has impacted on his general philosophy.

He's had to work with what he's inherited, and maybe can fill in his gaps in the Summer - But (like Wenger) I don't see him dishing out silly money for inflated egos. Diabate springs to mind,also giving Choudhury the chance - We still have the chance to the Up-and-Under, but now it's not so predictable and the opposition cannot simply prepare for a one-trick pony.

We're safe this year, wait 'til next season to get your knives out please, let's see how it goes when he has established his processes.

the problem is though, as I see it, we absolutely are predictable and the definition of a one trick pony. if I wanted to beat us, I woul simply keep two banks of four, reasonably narrow, let us pass it it sideways, sideways, sideways, wait for them to finally pass it wide to albrighton or chilwell, maybe mahrez, then either laugh when the cross didn't clear the first man, or laugh when my defenders beat vardy and okazaki to the header.