Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

Its massively unfair to judge a manager who hasn't had a full season in charge. We're in a much better position now than when he took over. As a few others have said, he deserves the summer transfer window and up to Christmas at least.

4 hours ago, shade said:

the problem is though, as I see it, we absolutely are predictable and the definition of a one trick pony. if I wanted to beat us, I woul simply keep two banks of four, reasonably narrow, let us pass it it sideways, sideways, sideways, wait for them to finally pass it wide to albrighton or chilwell, maybe mahrez, then either laugh when the cross didn't clear the first man, or laugh when my defenders beat vardy and okazaki to the header.

Can’t you see how a proper overlapping right back will make a difference in allowing us to actually get in behind and pull the cross back or creating some space between the lines. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t you see how a proper overlapping right back will make a difference in allowing us to actually get in behind and pull the cross back or creating some space between the lines. 

It can pin a teams lb and Lm back and drag over a CM leaving more open to space. The amount of damage it can cause a team is crazy

16 points from 11 games with 3 defeats since the turn of the year is not bad form......would be equal to 55 points in a season, which is comfortably mid table - better that than being the next Southampton. Can't see him being sacked with that kind of form and with a (largely) inherited team....

14 hours ago, Ansteyblue said:

Think he should be given the summer window then at least until Xmas to see what happens. 

13 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Its massively unfair to judge a manager who hasn't had a full season in charge. We're in a much better position now than when he took over. As a few others have said, he deserves the summer transfer window and up to Christmas at least.

A manger has to earn the right to extra time at a club - he has to show his project is starting to move in the right direction. Has Puel shown anything of late to suggest that? 

Your calls seem seem to be of blind hope that this guy will miraculously come good... well he won’t, for one he’ll be gone by the end of May, but even if he did stay, he’s the wrong fit for what the club needs going forward.

He’s done ok as a stop gap, but he’s a poor, uninspiring third rate version of Claudio so is no-way a keeper. In fact, he reminds me somewhat of Paulo Sousa, who was also pretty awful to put it mildly.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Albert said:

Pretty much what Percy wrote in the Telegraph mate. Big 6 games for Puel. 4 wins in 15, persistence with tactics & a style which doesn’t suit the players we’ve got & most importantly there seems to be big motivation issues. Everything seems to of gone flat both on & off the pitch. The owners clearly aren’t stupid and must be questioning whether he’s the right man to take things forward especially with an important summer ahead where a squad overhaul is likely.

Personally I don’t think he’s the right man or has the right personality that fits to take  us forward and would be looking at alternatives.

So what now? Ditch the guy a start from square one? Again? For the 4th time in less than three seasons? Wonderful.

Keep on playing a sussed out style of play for a small bunch of ageing players, uncomfortable with the ball, most of whom will be benchwarmers next season anyway or evolve to something else? I don't see how we can keep on playing the so called "Leicester brand", which I'm frankly fed up to hear about, with our midfield, when teams just sit deep and wait to beat us on the counter. 

Puel have been brought in on the base of project including a particular style of play which he surely exposed before being appointed and now everybody is surprised within the board? The results were there as long as the players were performing, even with the predictable misfirings. The Mahrez matter in january did a lot of damage and in my opinion we should've sold him. The "point to prove" argument resembles more and more to a pyrrhic victory. But let's not forget that Gray and Iborra went off the boil in January, Albrighton's form fell off a cliff and Mahrez isn't as decisive as he was before ManCity messed with him.

It can't be the manager who's solely responsible. The players have a big part in it. They should be motivated to play in Europe but apparently can't be arsed, someone said that "it was a walk in the park" against Newcastle and he was right. It was the best chance to close down on Burnley but they didn't seem to give a fck. I'm expecting nothing against Burnley but a defeat because I'm seeing a clear lack of envy from this team. Same shit happened at the end of Ranieri and Shakey's era. 

They only play when they have a point to prove.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 4

Unlikely it'll happen, but think Eddie Howe's adventurous and forward intent in his team would suit LCFC's midfielders and forwards.

Will be interesting to see if he stays on at Bournemouth or is waiting for someone else like Everton to get rid of their current manager.

Puel is under big pressure now. Hope the team has received a wake-up call.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

16 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

So what now? Ditch the guy a start from square one? Again? For the 4th time in less than three seasons? Wonderful.

Keep on playing a sussed out style of play for a small bunch of ageing players, uncomfortable with the ball, most of whom will be benchwarmers next season anyway or evolve to something else? I don't see how we can keep on playing the so called "Leicester brand", which I'm frankly fed up to hear about, with our midfield, when teams just sit deep and wait to beat us on the counter. 

Puel have been brought in on the base of project including a particular style of play which he surely exposed before being appointed and now everybody is surprised within the board? The results were there as long as the players were performing, even with the predictable misfirings. The Mahrez matter in january did a lot of damage and in my opinion we should've sold him. The "point to prove" argument resembles more and more to a pyrrhic victory. But let's not forget that Gray and Iborra went off the boil in January, Albrighton's form fell off a cliff and Mahrez isn't as decisive as he was before ManCity messed with him.

It can't be the manager who's solely responsible. The players have a big part in it. They should be motivated to play in Europe but apparently can't be arsed, someone said that "it was a walk in the park" against Newcastle and he was right. It was the best chance to close down on Burnley but they didn't seem to give a fck. I'm expecting nothing against Burnley but a defeat because I'm seeing a clear lack of envy from this team. Same shit happened at the end of Ranieri and Shakey's era. 

We’ll be starting from square one in the summer regardless. The new style he’s trying to adopt, constant chopping and changing of personal and performances that are getting worse & worse doesn’t fill me with confidence.

For me I have no issue with a change of philosophy but the most concerning thing to me is the total lack of buzz about it all. He has no personality & it’s become boring not only for the fans but from the sounds of it the players also. Have the fans sang his name once?? It might seem a minor issue but like we demonstrated under Ranieri when everything comes together both on and off the pitch the influence is a major factor in success. I don’t think he’s the man to take us forward.

We have a good core squad, money to spend, great infrastructure & very ambitious owners which makes us an attractive club to manage. There are better options out there than Puel so if I was in charge I’d be definitely looking at someone else.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Totally agree.

It absolutely baffles me that people want Puelout already. Most of the fans that do are probably the same ones that started wanking over Leicester when we won the league. When will people realise we are not Man City/Utd/Liverpool etc? I know we've been used to winning a lot in recent seasons,but some people need a reality check. 

We've played some good stuff under Puel at times,despite inheriting a squad where 90% of them are not comfortable in possession. He's had a January window to make his mark on the squad. Which, let's be honest, is a mugs window anyway.

I'm not saying he may or may not be the man to take us forward. But give him a chance for God's sake.

I would like to see the ambition  the training ground and stadium expansion matches with the appointment of a manager that has been there and done it.

We need a man to lead us into this new era. I’m unsure if Puel is that man.

Howe's transfer record

https://www.transfermarkt.com/eddie-howe/spielertransfers/trainer/10976

He's spent £120,000,000 in his second spell at Bournemouth it's a myth he's not had any money.

In the top flight with Bournemouth they're averaging 1.16 points a game and have let in 187 goals in 109 games, I don't think he'd leave Bournemouth but even accounting for us having better players I wouldn't want him here. His teams are too porous. The last time he left Bournemouth he struggled so it's a resounding no for me. Puel needs a summer.

• Like 2

The last three hires have all been as a result of surprise vacancies. But in each case it appeared the owners had little prep and little option.

They need to decide if puel has the leadership and vision to takes us to a new level.  If they doubt it they need to make overtures sooner rather than later...as any good manager is in a job.   If they do it again they need to ensure they are driving this time....not feeding on scraps

Edited by foxinsocks

On 09/04/2018 at 09:48, les-tah said:

to be fair i actually dont think puel is the main problem again... its hard not to think of some sort of player power again? Like you need to question this?

Ok so let's ask this question, has got the bollocks to over rule this 'player power'? Morgan walks back into the team suggest's not.

Become a disciplinarian, show them exactly what you are - who's boss.

Strong leadership, I see none.

I pretty much said this earlier, you could argue my suggestions above would 'lose the players' but it doesn't look like he's winning them (or the fans) over as it is so what does he really have to lose.

You can suggest/blame player power all you like but you can also suggest he's arguably letting them win.

Edited by Matt

48 minutes ago, Albert said:

We’ll be starting from square one in the summer regardless. The new style he’s trying to adopt, constant chopping and changing of personal and performances that are getting worse & worse doesn’t fill me with confidence.

For me I have no issue with a change of philosophy but the most concerning thing to me is the total lack of buzz about it all. He has no personality & it’s become boring not only for the fans but from the sounds of it the players also. Have the fans sang his name once?? It might seem a minor issue but like we demonstrated under Ranieri when everything comes together both on and off the pitch the influence is a major factor in success. I don’t think he’s the man to take us forward.

We have a good core squad, money to spend, great infrastructure & very ambitious owners which makes us an attractive club to manage. There are better options out there than Puel so if I was in charge I’d be definitely looking at someone else.

Nail on head here. We need to change philosophy, but there are other people out there who can do it better while inspiring a team.

Claude is like an intellectual teacher, not an inspirational leader. You can have all the tactical nous in the world but in high-level football managing people is just as important.

• Like 1

Still get the feeling the owners are up to something regarding pearson, too many coincidences. Sack him, buy another club and install him as manager, shakey goes to a club where walsh is at, walsh looks like his days are numbered after not employing the same system that won him the league, players getting upset at another style of play, again. Is it correct they wanted pearson back after claudio got the push? 

Edited by yorkie1999

53 minutes ago, Albert said:

Where on earth has this myth come from? 

Since he's been here he's always picked a core group of players or a 'spine' if you will, of Schmeichel, Maguire, Morgan, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy, provided they're available of course.  Other players have been inconsistent so have rightfully not starting every game. 

Regarding your second point, no manager worth their salt will want to come to us if we keep sacking managers. Especially if certain players keep throwing tantrums when the manager tries something different.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Still get the feeling the owners are up to something regarding pearson, too many coincidences. Sack him, buy another club and install him as manager, shakey goes to a club where walsh is at, walsh looks like his days are numbered after not employing the same system that won him the league, players getting upset at another style of play, again. Is it correct they wanted pearson back after claudio got the push? 

The owners had no say in where  Shakespeare went or whether Walsh will be leaving Everton or not. Pearson was out of work when Puel was appointed, they could have appointed him then.

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Where on earth has this myth come from? 

Since he's been here he's always picked a core group of players or a 'spine' if you will, of Schmeichel, Maguire, Morgan, Ndidi, Mahrez and Vardy, provided they're available of course.  Other players have been inconsistent so have rightfully not starting every game. 

Regarding your second point, no manager worth their salt will want to come to us if we keep sacking managers. Especially if certain players keep throwing tantrums when the manager tries something different.

We sacked Ranieri in the following season after he won the title and Shakespeare didn't last until November and yet Puel was happy to sign for us.

• Like 1