Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

22 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I agree with some of your points but I would not panic or overreact the owners absolutely have a clear vision and are no fools.

They are very close to the squad and the Manager was brought into to turn us around but to take us to the next level is a different matter. Sit tight as we could be in for more change if perpformances are the same until the end of the season then expect a change !!

Yes, I agree I'm too pessimistic. It's just that I love my club especially with what we have achieved since the owners took over, but I have my doubts about the owner's ability to pick a decent manager. Their track record is very poor barring Ranieri and he was only good for one season. I'm very worried about next season if he is still in charge. As you said the owners are very close to the players and if they have come out publicly saying they are not happy then I'm sure the owners are fully aware of what the problems are. You can replace a manager a lot easier than replacing a team and I have a feeling that is what the owners will do at the end of the season.

On 11.4.2018 at 23:03, volpeazzurro said:

Suprised that people are after Wagner? Only last week his critics were suggesting that Huddersfields position was down to his unimaginative defensive play. Personally I think he's only done that because as a decent manager he recognises that with the money they've spent, they don't have sufficient firepower. Yet in their promotion year they were exciting to watch. Strange eh? Possibly even hypocritical? Why?

Now compare Puel at Southampton? They'd sold all their forward players so he adopted a more defensive, robust, possibly boring style and yet still managed 8th and a cup final all the same. Yet, at previous clubs he played very decent attacking football with huge plaudits from very decent players. Because of the press and Southampton fans though, some supporters wrote him off before he even got here and are gagging to say I told you so. Southampton are doing so well without him.

So why our style and rotation of players? Perhaps because Puel as manager recognises that quite a number of his players are very limited in being able to play the sort of attacking winning football required as we have a mishmosh of ill purchased misfits amongst a few very decent players. Some players like Iborra with his lethargic give the ball away approach, in Puels eyes, may only be suitable against certain less pacy opposition. He also needs to find out how good and possibly how adaptable some players are prior to having a clear out and a rebuild, and god does it need that. Forget our previous so called style because we haven't got the players now and nor did we have a plan B when we we got sussed out and oppisition defences dropped back a few yards, that's one good thing the hapless Shakespeare did prove to us!

Guadiola needed a season to look, this guy has had less, is that reasonable or sensible? Any new guy would need time to evaluate the same poor squad. Give him the summer and until Christmas or none of your wish list managers would ever  dream of coming here such would our reputation be.

The criticism aimed at Wagner is a bit unfair. I think there's a reason why he has to play it more defensively, and you say it yourself - Huddersfield just aren't a very big team or attractive proposition, so you've got to work with what you've got, especially in the season following promotion to the Premier League. Financially, they can't compete and it's only logical you go out there and improve your defensive work and your organisation on the pitch itself in order to make it harder for the opposition to break you down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The criticism aimed at Wagner is a bit unfair. I think there's a reason why he has to play it more defensively, and you say it yourself - Huddersfield just aren't a very big team or attractive proposition, so you've got to work with what you've got, especially in the season following promotion to the Premier League. Financially, they can't compete and it's only logical you go out there and improve your defensive work and your organisation on the pitch itself in order to make it harder for the opposition to break you down.

They struggled for goals last season too, in fact I think they went up with a minus goal difference. 

Not that it's a bad thing. Huddersfield's budget is small, even in the Championship. And although financially they improve with promotion (I think they spent £10mill on Mooy) I imagine it's tough to attract players to Huddersfield at the minute.

Preki, john carver..... just joking.

On the fence with puel. Part of me says give the man a chance but im scared of what he would do with our transfer budget. But then who else would come in and get good players or have a big enough name to draw in top players.

Mancini? Doesnt he hate us for claudio?

Name a better option than puel?????

Bloody ludicrous name of topic it's not even in the top 200 managers.

Hes suvked the life, spirit,  fight , attacking ability and changed all that to a pass back to the keeper from a attacking position.

He has single handedly made us the most dull team in the world.

I hope I'm proved wrong but unless he can turn this around to 3-2 to us them I want the old deluded twat gone

There is a lot going on at the club right now.

Puel not a bad manager, but is he the right manager for this club, not for me.

However, I think he does realise we will lose a couple of very influential players this summer, and as brilliant as he can be let's face it Mahrez needs to go this summer, otherwise we will have another season of stay or go, when Mahrez downs tools for a spell. We all have to move on. This may explain why Puel is giving players game time, along with injuries.

We have some players who are concerned about staying fit for the World Cup, as they see us as being safe this season.

We have some senior players who are on the edge, Morgan, Huth, Simpson, Fuchs, King, James, and even Vardy. We are going into a period where some re-building will need to take place, and this is never easy. We may have to accept some mediocre seasons whilst some of our youngsters grow into being the senior players, Maguire, Chilwell, Ndidi, Gray, Diabate, and Kelechi.

The Premier League title upped everyone's expectations. We are growing as a club, but we need to let the title go now and continue the progress we have made towards being a team capable of continually butting the top six, until we can become a top six team ourselves.

I know he is more than a little marmite, but the man with the plan who made it all possible was Pearson. He has served his time and done his penance. Clearly still has a good relationship with the owners. Knows how to build a club, knows how to get the best out of his players and the best football we played recently was under Pearson in the great escape. Claudio won a title on the back of this. And ever since people have been trying to dismantle what we were doing so well. I don't mean the kick and rush we played and hung on with at the end of the title season, during the great escape we attacked with pace yes, but also in numbers. Score goals and you are always in with a shout even if conceding a few at the other end.

I know loads of you will disagree with me, but PEARSON for me is the one to move us forward.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's moved on in the summer. It's not working with him in charge. Too many players look out of their depth playing his way and the KP is like a morgue these days. Can't see our ambitious Owners putting up with it. Harsh but that's modern day football.