Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

20 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

image.png.6ac4d46f18e18b6cd4cf72a77d9fcc2e.png

All available and unattached to a club.

Tuchel wouldn't come here though.

I do like eduardo berrizo. Did well at celta vigo and harshly sacked at seville. Still think we'd be better off sticking with puel. Some of the others are no good or would never come to us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

They have 6 more points than us, and currently on track for European footbal. 

Puel hasn't managed us for the entirety of this season, if he had we may have more points than Burnley. Even if we didn't Dyche has been at Burnley for some time now so he has all the players he wants, whereas, Puel does not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Puel hasn't managed us for the entirety of this season, if he had we may have more points than Burnley. Even if we didn't Dyche has been at Burnley for some time now so he has all the players he wants, whereas, Puel does not.

I feel we have deteriorated under Puel. I realize its nice to have a hand picked team but a decent coach should be able to work with what he has. There has been no improvement since Puel got here & I don't see any improvement in any of our players. Rafa did a job with what he had without a large influx of players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I feel we have deteriorated under Puel. I realize its nice to have a hand picked team but a decent coach should be able to work with what he has. There has been no improvement since Puel got here & I don't see any improvement in any of our players. Rafa did a job with what he had without a large influx of players.

I'm not quite sure going from 18th to 8th is a deterioration. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I'm not quite sure going from 18th to 8th is a deterioration. 

Exactly. Some of the comments on here are quite barmy. As much as I like Shakey, I think he was going to take us down. He’s an excellent number two, but that’s his level I think. We’re now 8th!

Ffs!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly. Some of the comments on here are quite barmy. As much as I like Shakey, I think he was going to take us down. He’s an excellent number two, but that’s his level I think. We’re now 8th!

Ffs!

Yes we are 8th but the problem some people have on here is the 7 teams above us all finished below us 2yrs ago.

So surely they should still be below us? lol lol 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Albert said:

Puel isn’t the only manager that can change the way we play. As I said I have no issue with that. My issue is his lack of personality and clear motivational issues of players both here and at Southampton. If u had the choice of Marco Silva or Puel who would u choose?

Silva

14 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Tuchel is going PSG. Bosz failed at Dortmund with his Ajax playing style (4-3-3). Laurent Blanc? Another Frenchman struggling with the English language?

Luis Enrique would be quite the coup, but how likely? I quite like Bilic as a manager, well-spoken, calm and sensible.

My bias dictates that I mention Urs Fischer (52), who guided Basel to the Swiss league and cup title last season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urs_Fischer_(footballer)

Or Marcel Koller, formerly with the Austrian national team - he knows Dragovic and Fuchs already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Koller

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

It's hard to name a better manager available (to us) than Claude Puel. Yes, he's changing the style of play and yes, it's a little frustrating to watch at the moment but we're 8th in the league. You could also argue that bar the last 4 home league games vs Swansea, Bournemouth, Stoke and Newcastle where we've been sub-par, we have put in good performances on the vast majority of other fixtures. Puel has a good track record at every club and given time, we seem to be in safe hands.

14 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

When you use evidence, its supposed to support your claim.

Not suggest managers who were lower than us in our league and then sacked, or managers that would never come here in a month of sundays would be an improvement on what we have already.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Oh, how many league positions have we dropped then? 

That is only because those below us are worse than us. Never has the premiership been so divided. The worrying thing is even the players have come out and said he doesn't know what he's doing, and judging by the last five games I agree with them.

I'm still a fan of Marco Silva. 

I was so impressed by the job he did at Hull, and was unlucky that they eventually went down. I think Watford were right to appoint him and only Everton really derailed that, as he got off to an amazing start.

Perhaps, he needs to rebuild his reputation first, but if Puel does go next season and Silva is available, I would certainly be favourable to see how he does here. 

Dyche I think would be a smart appointment, as in I don't think we would ever be in danger of going down under him, but I'm not sure how he would cope with bigger funds and expectations! Over achieving now, with the underdog mentality. Also think his style of football would leave a fans a little unimpressed. 

Puel deserves the summer and a few signings to get us playing exactly the way he wants. Player power and fan's unrest could mean he gets shorter time to impress though.

5 minutes ago, Shefffox2 said:

Wagner, young, ambitious, and now has premier league experience.Clearly a motivator, and a good communicator, unlike Puel., attributes a certain young Irish man had and was quite successful for our football club for a few years.

Where you in the dressing room?

Rather than worry about reletive form (of those arround us) we should look at our own form.

Imo we are nit creating chances.... this could be down to the managers orders.  We are achieving higher posession. ..but to what end.

Anyway.. the pints we have mean we are 8th... good.  But how are we performing? And ... are we getting better? (addressing weaknesses and increasing chances and goals).  Is our squad more ready for europe and to challange for top 6?

I would say puel is a technical manager who can improve us...but i worry about his vision and leadership...plus his ability to attract better players.

These are better scorecards than looking at our league position. 

Personally i think the owners have to think about the team they want to own and ask if puel is the right guy to take us there. (Its a no from me regrettably). If not we have to id who is and persue them. ..  not just keep sekecting a manager from thise availabkw when we creat a vacancy thru circumstances