Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

41 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

That is only because those below us are worse than us. Never has the premiership been so divided. The worrying thing is even the players have come out and said he doesn't know what he's doing, and judging by the last five games I agree with them.

Who do you want as manager, and why? what qualities do you want him to possess, what style does he play with, do you want a track record of developing youth, signing high profile players, etc etc.

What do you think the vision should be for the next 5 years?

Who do you think we should sign in that period to strengthen the team? not specific names, but the profile of the player, the skills they need to possess. Ideally though youd back up your assertion with a specific name.

Why would that man be more capable of executing HIS vision, than Puel be capable of executing his?

What are the realistic intermediate goals along the way towards the ultimate objective?

Don't make silly, lazy posts and make yourself look a twerp all the time. Have a proper discussion and give a rational alternative.

Edited by Donut

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

That is only because those below us are worse than us. Never has the premiership been so divided. The worrying thing is even the players have come out and said he doesn't know what he's doing, and judging by the last five games I agree with them.

The same five games where we've lost once?

I think we should go for a young manager and give them time to mouldnthe team how they like evennifit means sacrificing a year or so. 

Would be happy with any of the below...

Marco Silva 

Wagner 

Naglesmann (he wouldn't come anyway)

Marcelo Gallardo - plays attacking football. 

Dardai - He probably wouldn't leave hertha Berlin but no harm in trying. 

I'd love Simone Inzaghi but that's obviously not going to happen.

Whilst I don't expect them all to exactly jump at the chance for some on the list it would be a really good opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Who do you want as manager, and why? what qualities do you want him to possess, what style does he play with, do you want a track record of developing youth, signing high profile players, etc etc.

What do you think the vision should be for the next 5 years?

Who do you think we should sign in that period to strengthen the team? not specific names, but the profile of the player, the skills they need to possess. Ideally though youd back up your assertion with a specific name.

Why would that man be more capable of executing HIS vision, than Puel be capable of executing his?

What are the realistic intermediate goals along the way towards the ultimate objective?

Don't make silly, lazy posts and make yourself look a twerp all the time. Have a proper discussion and give a rational alternative.

Not called Donut for nothing are you?.  You get lost in your own flowery rhetoric which when broken down means absolutely nothing . Get to the point man and stop waffling and boring the ar*e off me.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

The same five games where we've lost once?

Did you actually see the standard of football in those games? if that doesn't worry you nothing will. The majority of the fans know it's awful and so do the players , which is why they have let it be known they are not happy playing under him. 

Guest Judd92

I think we need to give Puel at least a full season, see who he gets in during the summer window which will be the players that can play in the system he wants us to play in, if it does not go well next season then yes lets look and re-consider his position but lets not become a sacking club who changes their manager after a couple of defeats! I was at the Newcastle game on saturday and will admit that we were poor but we need to give him a chance.

None of the fired Prem retreads please. I'd take Wagner or Hughton or Benitez if Newcastle won't spend for him.

That said, Puel is a strong manager in my eyes. He drives me absolutely nuts with his personnel choices, but the reality is, he doesn't have the sort of players to play a modern brand of football. I was astonished when we began to play like a possession-side so quickly after he  took over, and even more so when we began winning games with it while looking dynamic. His style  can absolutely work here, though the squad needs a good bit of turnover, it is well past stale. But he checks most of the boxes for me, mainly bc he is a program-builder who develops and plays younger players. That sort of manager allows a wealthy team to consistently compete, and if we keep him, I anticipate a number of our excellent u-23s to make a real impact on the squad. But in order to really get a sense of him and what he can do, we need to give him a summer window and some time. It does us no good to fire him and begin again from scratch unless we identify a clear upgrade. But if we want to see the team succeed, we are going to need to commit to allowing some growing pains as angry medal winners who don't see a future with the club grumble to the press. The CL season was their bonus, but successful teams in the Prem don't stand still, and players like Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, and Huth all need to find new homes if they want to start, as they don't fit the new style at all. If we can find a young goal-scoring wingback, a legit number 10 who can break down a box, and some DMs who are quality on the ball, this team would look loads different.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bert said:

I'm not quite sure going from 18th to 8th is a deterioration. 

I agree that we have maintained a decent league position but the product on the field has been dull & unimaginative. I am a fan of football and want to see us play entertaining football. Keeping pace with a Burnley team that didn't have a win in a ten game stretch is not an achievement for me.

• Like 2

Ok so give Puel the next season. What happens when our top players who are already unhappy with his style of management get calls from their agents saying top clubs are after them? We know Mharez won't be here and under Puel I'd be surprised if N'didi and Mcguire don't want to hang around under him. Then what new players would want to come to a clearly unhappy club at the moment?  We need a new dynamic manager someone who can attract top players and make our top players already here want to stay. And no I have no idea who, but that makes no difference anyway.  

10 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I know.  A dozen premier league teams worse than us and only the big six and Burnley better.  Puel is obviously a disaster area.

We are clearly shit and we only won the title because the other 19 teams were worse than us.

6 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can imagine the owners thinking “FFS, again? What now?”.

How long before they get fed up or bored with this lark and move on?

the Shakespeare sacking seemed to come with no rumours or warning - won't be surprised if Puel is sacked in the summer knowing them

12 hours ago, murphy said:

I know.  A dozen premier league teams worse than us and only the big six and Burnley better.  Puel is obviously a disaster area.

We are clearly shit and we only won the title because the other 19 teams were worse than us.

We are in 8th place because we had a good enough start. The last ten matches form is relegation form, which just highlights the dreadful downturn in performances under Puel. So yes I think Puel has a lot to answer for. Last Saturday's effort had his handprints all over it, negative tactics and outsmarted by Benitez. Even the players have gone public and said that the training is poor and that they can't understand what he's saying. When players do that there is clearly something very wrong behind the scenes. You stick your head in the sand and pretend it's all Hunky Dory if you like but we are regressing as a team and a club under him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

We are in 8th place because we had a good enough start. The last ten matches form is relegation form, which just highlights the dreadful downturn in performances under Puel. So yes I think Puel has a lot to answer for. Last Saturday's effort had his handprints all over it, negative tactics and outsmarted by Benitez. Even the players have gone public and said that the training is poor and that they can't understand what he's saying. When players do that there is clearly something very wrong behind the scenes. You stick your head in the sand and pretend it's all Hunky Dory if you like but we are regressing as a team and a club under him.

I agree with some of your points but I would not panic or overreact the owners absolutely have a clear vision and are no fools.

They are very close to the squad and the Manager was brought into to turn us around but to take us to the next level is a different matter. Sit tight as we could be in for more change if perpformances are the same until the end of the season then expect a change !!