Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

22 hours ago, HunKs said:

I enjoy the passing game that Puel has pioneered, it certainly is more progressive than the (found-out and easily defendable) AAAy-Up-And-Under. I think that only bad luck (Good Goalies and wood work) has impacted on his general philosophy.

He's had to work with what he's inherited, and maybe can fill in his gaps in the Summer - But (like Wenger) I don't see him dishing out silly money for inflated egos. Diabate springs to mind,also giving Choudhury the chance - We still have the chance to the Up-and-Under, but now it's not so predictable and the opposition cannot simply prepare for a one-trick pony.

We're safe this year, wait 'til next season to get your knives out please, let's see how it goes when he has established his processes.

You mean the side ways shuffle?

Like watching England.

Lots of passing and buck all end result most of the time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

You mean the side ways shuffle?

Like watching England.

Lots of passing and buck all end result most of the time.

But it isn't  is it (that is, of course, without James in the mix), Sharp one-two's will always get my heart going, no matter who is doing it... That Leicester do it makes me extremely proud...

From your cynicism - I can see that you don't / won't /

can't understand.

Strangely enough, when we lost to Cheatski in the cup (we were Championship then - You were probably in diapers), I thought "Wah! That's the difference between the PL and the rest"

7 minutes ago, HunKs said:

But it isn't  is it (that is, of course, without James in the mix), Sharp one-two's will always get my heart going, no matter who is doing it... That Leicester do it makes me extremely proud...

From your cynicism - I can see that you don't / won't /

can't understand.

Strangely enough, when we lost to Cheatski in the cup (we were Championship then - You were probably in diapers), I thought "Wah! That's the difference between the PL and the rest"

English please.

And fyi i was at both of those chelsea matches.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If it's true that the players are turning on Puel because they don't agree with his tactics then he has to be backed and ship these players out in the summer regardless of who they are.

Otherwise we may as well sack Puel and have Morgan as player/manager otherwise we'll be in exactly the same position six months down the line if the new manager dares to implement his own ideas.

Agreed.

The question is whether the Puel has earned the faith and trust of the board in the same way Pearson did.

They backed Pearson in a 'my way or the highway's line of thinking. If they do the same for Puel we are laughing. I suppose it depends how passionate and ambitious Puel is.

Things are going well though IMO. Interesting to see what we look like with 3 or 4 summer signings.

• Like 1

As in our title winning year, we got used to the high press, counter attacking football that our players were used to.

Its got me wondering, are a few of the title winning squad too reluctant to change, as they know they don’t fit into the system Puel is trying to play? As with the ball at their feet it’s highlighting some players severe weaknesses.

So they are contradicting what is trying to be achieved with Puel in charge, as they won’t get it as cushy as they do at this club, and prob be on as much £££, so have an alterior motive to disrupt things.

We seem to have players more comfortable with the ball at their feet....eg Maguire, Drag, Silva, Iborra, Gray, Diabate.

Yet one or two are struggling to either cement their place or just have struggled to get into a side that only had one style of play to their bow.

I think we may see some of the title winning squad depart unless they change their mentality, and may be trying to undermine the manager and his tactics as we see some players coming for a short pass but some players are still relying on kick and chase football. 

1 hour ago, steflcfc said:

As in our title winning year, we got used to the high press, counter attacking football that our players were used to.

Its got me wondering, are a few of the title winning squad too reluctant to change, as they know they don’t fit into the system Puel is trying to play? As with the ball at their feet it’s highlighting some players severe weaknesses.

So they are contradicting what is trying to be achieved with Puel in charge, as they won’t get it as cushy as they do at this club, and prob be on as much £££, so have an alterior motive to disrupt things.

We seem to have players more comfortable with the ball at their feet....eg Maguire, Drag, Silva, Iborra, Gray, Diabate.

Yet one or two are struggling to either cement their place or just have struggled to get into a side that only had one style of play to their bow.

I think we may see some of the title winning squad depart unless they change their mentality, and may be trying to undermine the manager and his tactics as we see some players coming for a short pass but some players are still relying on kick and chase football. 

We have to move on from the title winning season. Who apart from vardy and mahrez is/should be guaranteed a starting place? Even kasper who with decent competition wouldnt be a certainly. The rest are too old (morgan, fuchs) or not good enough (james - know he didn't play but still hasn’t got quality) 

4 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Agreed.

The question is whether the Puel has earned the faith and trust of the board in the same way Pearson did.

They backed Pearson in a 'my way or the highway's line of thinking. If they do the same for Puel we are laughing. I suppose it depends how passionate and ambitious Puel is.

Things are going well though IMO. Interesting to see what we look like with 3 or 4 summer signings.

I struggle to believe that the answer is very.

And for the record I want more than 'passhun', that's not the reason i've not took to him, but I had to pick up on what you said, I simply can't believe he has that much about him from what we've seen so far and opportunities we've failed to take under him.

Bearing in mind they’d have a pretty large war chest to improve an already good squad, owners with big ambitions and the chance to manage in the Prem, better optiins would be...

1) Brendan Rogers

2) Marco Silva

3) Rafa Benitez

4) Tunchel

At a critical stage in the clubs development where it’s quite obvious the squad needs an overhaul I don’t think Puel can be trusted with that responsibility. He doesn’t have the right personality and has already shown to be very erratic in his decision making & tactics. 

The owners aren’t stupid and have already shown how ruthless they are. Personally I can’t see them sticking with him if better options are available.

• Like 1

Player power has taken its toll on our club.

Let’s be honest, they’ve created an ephoss of downing tools and sulking when they don’t get pampered to. It was evident under Ranieri, Shakespeare and now Puel.

It is as if, someone flicks a switch and we turn off. All it’s doing is depriving the fans. At times, we’re as boring to watch as Chelsea were against Man City.

If we’re playing this possession game, we need to close down with more intensity further up the pitch. We seem to have lost that. Vardy looks isolated without Shinji. We’re compensating for the immobile defence by having the midfield play deeper. We don’t transition quickly enough with our current crop of players.

I think Puel could get this right, we’re just in transition. He’s only got a handful of players to make it work. He needs time to implement a personnel and culture change. Get rid of the dinosaurs within the camp.

Oh ..... if he does go, is it worth looking at Simon McMenemy? 

This is the actual list of people currently being interviewed

1) Paul Ince 

2) Ray Winston

3) The original cast from Cats (jobshare)

4) Claudio Banieri

5) Steve McLaren’s umbrella

6) A PE teacher 

7) Thracian

8) Some leftover pizza crusts

9) Kevin Spacey

10) Optimus Prime

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Bearing in mind they’d have a pretty large war chest to improve an already good squad, owners with big ambitions and the chance to manage in the Prem, better optiins would be...

1) Brendan Rogers

2) Marco Silva

3) Rafa Benitez

4) Tunchel

At a critical stage in the clubs development where it’s quite obvious the squad needs an overhaul I don’t think Puel can be trusted with that responsibility. He doesn’t have the right personality and has already shown to be very erratic in his decision making & tactics. 

The owners aren’t stupid and have already shown how ruthless they are. Personally I can’t see them sticking with him if better options are available.

The thing is though, we're not an attractive proposition if we keep sacking managers only a few months after being appointed. I refer back to October where the only other credible candidate we were linked with was Sean Dyche and who is to say that he would have definitely come here?

2 hours ago, Albert said:

1) Brendan Rogers

2) Marco Silva

3) Rafa Benitez

4) Tunchel

I agree with this post, I’m not sure the players are buying into Puel and I’m not sure he can attract decent players either. 

Cant see us attracting Benitez tbh, I think Brendon Rogers would be a perfect fit for us with his style of play.

When we have had loss of form on the last two ocassions, the manager has paid the price. Now for me, it's the players turn. Too much player power. I would sell off or long term loan:

Morgan

Simpson

Fuchs

Kasper (Friendly ghost at set pieces and crosses)

James

Ulloa

Musa

Huth

Benny

Hamer

Plus obviously Mahrez likely to go.

I would also maybe have another look at Slimani and Mendy in the summer and see if they can find form.

I think it requires something this drastic to lose the "down tools" approach and attitude and I'm backing the current man to do it and get right.

4 hours ago, Albert said:

1) Brendan Rogers

2) Marco Silva

3) Rafa Benitez

4) Tunchel

You know your stuff regarding behind the scenes stuff at the club. What’s the general feeling around Puel? Are the players happy, are the owners worried they have made a mistake hiring him, is he on thin ice after recent results & performances?

At the moment, would personally only consider Wolves' Espirito Santo as one of the more relevant replacements if Puel somehow leaves (which does appear very unlikely.). There's really no-one else out there who could really improve us tbh.

He's got Champion League experience and hell have very good contacts a abroad, which could increase the quality of recruitment for the team's needs (if it needs improving, at all).

Edited by Wymeswold fox