Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

Wagner's Huddersfield team are probably the worst team in the league man for man, so their sit deep and try and stay in games is the only way realistically to compete in a lot of games, so i dont hold this against him at all.

It would be interesting to see whether he could manage us successfully, but i think the big issue for me is SOMEONE must be given TIME. If it started slowly for Wagner, we would be in the same position as we are now.

Silva is a manager i rate but i feel like he wouldnt be particularly interested in long term building, more interested only in the stepping stone potential.

Think his reputation and confidence perhaps took a bit of a beating with the whole Watford/Everton thing, so I actually believe a club like Leicester with top 6 aspirations and big spending power, could really be a decent longer term project for him. 

He is the one I would consider now if we are going to change again. Got Premier League experience and highly thought of. 

Has Puel tried to change us to quick, too soon? 

We no doubt needed to move away from the Claudio/Shakey one dimensional stuff. Worked amazingly well for one season, but with the loss of Kante and teams sitting deeper against us, we were just not as potent as before.

I'm pleased we have switched to a more possession based style. All the teams above us (bar Burnley!) look comfortable on the ball and that should be our long term aim, if we want to be consistently 6th/7th and attract better players.

I just think Puel has tried to force it on this set of players, stubbornly so by the sounds of it, rather than introducing it over time and coinciding with bringing his own players in who suit this style. It could ultimately be his downfall. 

I am a Puel supporter. And proud!!

Foxestalk full of  degenerates,who know zero ,of anything football related..

Just egoistic, lazy ,arrogant OTT, failing wanna bes.

Who need this 'Know better,attitude' to improve their own SeX lives.

Hes's French ,his baguettes have More sense,than you lot!!!

Tactics, you wouldnt know one if,you Fell over a croisant 1-2.

You English get jammed up on marmalade,and dare take a boef bourguigno and call

It stew

• Haha 2

What Leicester need is a new identity. At the moment, there seems to be a lot of player power. We need to give time, money and trust to a manager that has to rebuild and maybe rebrand our football. If it means shipping 6 or 7 players out then so be it! Whether that man is Claude Puel remains to be seen. 

39 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It stew

Is this a parody account? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

It stew

I’m assuming this is supposed to be funny.

it ain’t 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Donut said:

Wagner's Huddersfield team are probably the worst team in the league man for man, so their sit deep and try and stay in games is the only way realistically to compete in a lot of games, so i dont hold this against him at all.

It would be interesting to see whether he could manage us successfully, but i think the big issue for me is SOMEONE must be given TIME. If it started slowly for Wagner, we would be in the same position as we are now.

Silva is a manager i rate but i feel like he wouldnt be particularly interested in long term building, more interested only in the stepping stone potential.

If Puel does go and this discussion all becomes serious then there's no way we can factor in giving a manager time. That's history for us.

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Puel does go and this discussion all becomes serious then there's no way we can factor in giving a manager time. That's history for us.

The sad thing is, this is true.

Normally when you try and change things, theres a period of going backwards before you move forwards. With Puel, weve moved forwards and changed things, and people STILL want him out.

I totally get the style of play hasnt worked consistently yet, some games havent been good either

Id seriously, seriously urge everyone to be more patient. It really wouldnt take much for us to end up in a relegation battle again. Chopping and changing will simply not work unless all the subsequent managers share the same philosophies.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

The sad thing is, this is true.

Normally when you try and change things, theres a period of going backwards before you move forwards. With Puel, weve moved forwards and changed things, and people STILL want him out.

I totally get the style of play hasnt worked consistently yet, some games havent been good either

Id seriously, seriously urge everyone to be more patient. It really wouldnt take much for us to end up in a relegation battle again. Chopping and changing will simply not work unless all the subsequent managers share the same philosophies.

I can't see how we've gone forwards under Puel - only sideways and/or backwards like his style of football.

The performances have been uninspiring and the atmosphere is declining at the King Power stadium, which is no longer a fortress.

The players don't play with any intensity and there is no sense of urgency or desperation to win in the performances. The manager must take some responsibility for this as it's his job to motivate the players.  

Dreading turning up to a game on Thursday night which has very little meaning for us. Disappointing end to the season. If he does stay, I hope he makes the necessary signings to execute his preferred style.

The most frustrating thing for me is the lack of clean sheets. Vardy has been on fire, scoring in most games but our defensive record us letting us down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

I can't see how we've gone forwards under Puel - only sideways and/or backwards like his style of football.

The performances have been uninspiring and the atmosphere is declining at the King Power stadium, which is no longer a fortress.

The players don't play with any intensity and there is no sense of urgency or desperation to win in the performances. The manager must take some responsibility for this as it's his job to motivate the players.  

Dreading turning up to a game on Thursday night which has very little meaning for us. Disappointing end to the season. If he does stay, I hope he makes the necessary signings to execute his preferred style.

The most frustrating thing for me is the lack of clean sheets. Vardy has been on fire, scoring in most games but our defensive record us letting us down.

The players should be motivated. Its an internal thing.

To get where they are in the game, they have to have an inbuilt desire to win and inbuilt desire to see off everyone else to come through the youth team, secure a contract, make their way up the leagues. They all have this within them, but when they want to they can use the manager as an excuse for their own failings.

There was absolutely no lack of motivation when Claude Puel first arrived. everyone was showing their worth and carrying out his instructions to the letter. I went to the games at home, and then went to Newcastle and Southampton, and let me tell you, we were seriously impressive. At Southampton we were sublime.

THAT was the glimpse of what was to come. But no. Instead theyve gone into their comfort zones again.

Puel constantly talks about wanting intensity and tempo, and they gave it to him and us at first.

It really really frustrates me. These players are legends for achieving the impossible, yet they seem some of the most flaky, mercurial and slippery characters i can remember in Leicester shirts for a long time too.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Donut said:

The players should be motivated. Its an internal thing.

To get where they are in the game, they have to have an inbuilt desire to win and inbuilt desire to see off everyone else to come through the youth team, secure a contract, make their way up the leagues. They all have this within them, but when they want to they can use the manager as an excuse for their own failings.

There was absolutely no lack of motivation when Claude Puel first arrived. everyone was showing their worth and carrying out his instructions to the letter. I went to the games at home, and then went to Newcastle and Southampton, and let me tell you, we were seriously impressive. At Southampton we were sublime.

THAT was the glimpse of what was to come. But no. Instead theyve gone into their comfort zones again.

Puel constantly talks about wanting intensity and tempo, and they gave it to him and us at first.

It really really frustrates me. These players are legends for achieving the impossible, yet they seem some of the most flaky, mercurial and slippery characters i can remember in Leicester shirts for a long time too.

This is all so very right to me too. Something isn't clicking and I just get the impression that if we don't get it right this time we could deteriorate very quickly when Marhez goes. I honestly do understand the points of the Puel out brigade, but we've had a Ranieri and Shakespeare out brigade and surely they can't all be that bad as managers and the only common denominator has to be certain players?

We have to be honest I think and acknowledge that the wonderful style and way we won the Premiership couldn't continue without the same team members to execute it, it was the sum of all the parts of that team that made it viable. Without certain of those players and the fact that teams started to defend a few yards further back, it fell apart to some extent. I think Ranieri knew this and tried to change it but didn't have the necessary players to fulfil his ideas or even more importantly, the backing of those players he had to try and alter things. When players think they know best and club together, it can only spell the end for a manager. They got their way with Shakespeare but eventually they were proved wrong. You'd think that would be a valuable lesson to them.

For me, the problem has started again and I  really don't envy the managers job. Puel started well and everyone was seemingly happy with some of the new visions he brought to our game, bearing in mind he was doing it whilst learning about his players, some of which were a mishmash of ill purchased misfits. Certain players may have been unhappy with being left out but most had a chance to prove themselves and the manager has to pick his side based on what he sees in training also.

Put another new manager in there now and for me, after a new manager bounce I fear that the same problem will reoccur and predict our demise. We, because of our record of sacking managers and general standing and status of our team are simply not going to attract a manager with the gravitas of a Guadiola type who the players are simply forced to take note of as his reputation far exceeds theirs. A manager can't be friendly with and apease every one of his players, he has to play what he believes are his best players to suit what he is trying to achieve in a particular game against a particular opposition that he may have studied to the enth degree. It's the players job to follow orders as best as they can and trust their managers judgement.  They are paid to do so. I feel that we still have a small nucleus of players who think they know best. For me it's a case of weeding those out, whoever they are! If we don't back this manager who has a decent background in the game and let him bring his own players in I fear the worst. It has to stop. A new manager would spend yet another half season until a January transfer window when he can't buy anyone and face the same old problems with the same old outcomes. Time for some stability I feel and a root and branch change.

• Like 4