Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

11 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Love honey Has 50% of its latest toys, if that helps?

Is everybody speaking Swahili today?

Or just on drugs?

Anyway, yeah, that's really helpful thanks.

Sooo...That Claude Puel fellow, what do we make of him then...?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The post above has made me realise poor @fuchsntf is locked in a basement somewhere on a staple diet of halluinatory drugs and Foxes Talk. Stay strong fellow fox ?

I think you mean locked in a secure institute?

Edited by murphy

18 hours ago, Beechey said:

And you like the sight and feel of the enter key. :D

I voted for him to go in one (maybe two, we had so many in like a week spell) poll after voting in on every previous possible poll because I thought the players had downed tools. Turns out I was wrong, so I'm happy to continue backing him over the summer and into next season to see how we do. It isn't an odd position to hold. We have recently been playing with a squad that cost us a grand total of roughly £68 million. That frankly is peanuts and given our recruitment in 2016, it's obvious we're going to need a major rebuild, which appears to now be under way. You seem to pin the lack of points almost solely on the manager when we frankly should have picked up at least 8 extra points this season given how many clear chances we failed to convert in 4 of our draw games (didn't we have like 55-60 shots in a three game spell, with all being draws, multiple shots cleared off the line, blocks on the like and many shots hitting the post?), a dip in form occurred and we performed badly. This will happen almost every season no matter the manager, are we going to sack the manager every time our form takes a hit?

We need to take the good with the bad. The owners obviously feel Puel is the man for us, and we've had some incredible games this season, along with some dour ones. Why not for once put a little trust in a professional football manager and let him do his job? We all knew this was going to be a long process, but we now all appear to want instant results, with a new style and absolutely no hiccups. It's not possible.

It makes stuff easier to read ffs!

With the rest of what you write; we are going to go around in circles so I’ll let it ride.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

28 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The post above has made me realise poor @fuchsntf is locked in a basement somewhere on a staple diet of halluinatory drugs and Foxes Talk. Stay strong fellow fox ?

Let me Tell you!!!  My Drugs are Not hallucinatory   They are very real.:teehee:

plus I have Al ways supported you,and sympathised with Your

healthy posts and opinions  showing the fox cunning wisdom.

Ohhh the pain...thankfully my hallucinatory addiction,helps with positive vibes.

• Haha 1

Others have said similar, but my Puel out was never particularly strong.

After Crystal Palace, and even more concerningly, West Ham, I thought there was no way back for him. Crystal Palace was an absolute disgrace of a performance where we collapsed in staggering style, and the West Ham game showed zero signs of a reaction what so ever.

I've maintained since quite early on that Puel has a lot of good ideas. The problem was that I saw no way he was going to properly implement them when it appeared to me he'd lost the players. I felt that Puel going was an inevitability, and just like when Shakespeare got the boot, the manager getting the sack was just plastering a wound. We'd sack Puel, get a new manager in, he'd get a few signings in but continue giving chances to players who quite frankly don't deserve them anymore.

I said if Puel went, Rudkin simply has to go as well. I still think Rudkin needs replacing, although this Ricardo signing is so nicely done by all involved that I wonder if the penny has finally dropped. Time will tell.

Simply for me, I wonder if things are about to click into place with us. We've upgraded our right back position almost instantly in the window with a player that by all accounts is an absolute steal for us. It is accepted we are not far from signing Jonny Evans, again, an upgrade in a position we require, as well as Maddison, likewise.

As bad as the last few months were, I do wonder if it's taught us what we need to know and we're ready to really act to rectify things.

And if Puel thinks he can deliver that, then Puel in.

• Like 3

Also think a recurring problem we're going to have with any managers is this inclination to always back the players regardless, simply because they've achieved more here than any prospective manager is ever likely to. This is potentially going to skew how people view things and for me, as great as some of the players have been (and they deserve more respect for it), we've got to look at the last two years more than 2015/16 - it's a bigger amount of time and it's more recent, and it's quite clear that some of them just aren't up to it anymore. I'm not saying we automatically bin the lot of them, but we cannot be starting some of these players now.

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Let me Tell you!!!  My Drugs are Not hallucinatory   They are very real.:teehee:

plus I have Al ways supported you,and sympathised with Your

healthy posts and opinions  showing the fox cunning wisdom.

Ohhh the pain...thankfully my hallucinatory addiction,helps with positive vibes.

Ha ha ha, I know mate, I love your drug addled posts ;)

2 hours ago, murphy said:

I think you mean locked in a secure institute?

Sanity my friend, is so so overrated.

It Rides hypocrisy itself on the starved Backbone of delusion,where Individuals attempt to become

a Part of Same minded group of Peoples, desperate to prove by iconing their own obscure ways as a Vision and innerthought. Perceiving Normality  from their Singular  honest beliefs honed from self-centered  concoctions and egoistic attempts,so it is only  they  themselves and their Kind,that hold the only Keys to the Gates of

true Balance of mind,singular stipulated, by giving way to their own created Experts.

Experts,who Force their ways onto Others, which creates,and qualifies  life that disperses in the

Same breath the woes of neglect, poverty, squalor, then arrogantly  binds it

with the prosperity of  luxury, wealth,and self accusstomed entitlement that

Shares the same spectrum that Projects their 'Sane' ideology of true freedom.

The only secure Institute,can only be discovered in ones own depth of mind,

without the Feeling and need to Portray to Others,that they Alone deserve to

be recognised as the pious truth to all Things being.

Besides..I am a  crazy ,proud sob.

It took hard years of discovery,Creation ,Meditation and eventual acceptability,

to acknowledge my own delerious,demented brilliance.

Now where did I Put that normal pill!! :frantics:

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It Rides hypocrisy itself on the starved Backbone of delusion,where Individuals attempt to become

a Part of Same minded group of Peoples, desperate to prove by iconing their own obscure ways as a Vision and innerthought. Perceiving Normality  from their Singular  honest beliefs honed from self-centered  concoctions and egoistic attempts,so it is only  they  themselves and their Kind,that hold the only Keys to the Gates of

true Balance of mind,singular stipulated, by giving way to their own created Experts.

Experts,who Force their ways onto Others, which creates,and qualifies  life that disperses in the

It took hard years of discovery,Creation ,Meditation and eventual acceptability,

I shall be joining your creative writing group / opium den while I wait for the new season to ride forth, pushed forwards on a waves of "look at the stats, moron!".

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Call me a simpleton but for me, poetry is definitely better when it rhymes.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Close it and only start a new one if he actually gets sacked?

I think it's pretty obvious now that he is not getting sacked. I think he will get 12 to 15 games to prove himself this season. The Thais will not risk relegation. They will have Allardyce on speed dial.

I like many other was very Puel out after watching dreary football game after game. Now that it looks like he will be staying into next season I will start again and back him and hope the football improves, if the talk from some of the players saying that CP wants the fast paced game and quick attack then I'm all for it. It makes you wonder why the players only do it every now and then if that's what he is pushing on them? 

I'm interested to see who else we sign, the Pereira guy looks like it could be a cracking bit of business. More of the same please. 

The problem lies with the players, not Puel.

They can't and will not sustain the form that brought the league title.  As I said at the back end of last season, what motivates these players to go out there and achieve more?  They achieved the top level prize in professional football.  They just aren't up for it as they were before. 

It's time to move these players on.

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

The problem lies with the players, not Puel.

They can't and will not sustain the form that brought the league title.  As I said at the back end of last season, what motivates these players to go out there and achieve more?  They achieved the top level prize in professional football.  They just aren't up for it as they were before. 

It's time to move these players on.

By that logic, you'd have to let go of half the team. It's not that black-and-white.

15 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We'll only be left with Schmeichel and Vardy in the starting line up next season if the transfer window goes well. It's a major rebuild job.

Exactly. And that makes it much more difficult, in parts unrealistic.

We're talking transferring out/replacing nine, ten players in one summer.

Still likely we'll keep Morgan (34), Okazaki (32), Simpson (31), Benalouane (31) and Fuchs (32) for experience and as backup in some capacity, plus Gray and Amartey.

Although with a proper World Cup on his hands, Benalouane may be picked up by another club sooner than later.

And who knows? Maybe Shinji decides it's time to move on and join a team in the MLS or back home in Japan.

Slimani (30 soon) looks on his way out, Musa (35 in autumn) also ( :fc: he does well at the World Cup, too) and Ulloa's time at LCFC seems to have come to an end. Would love him getting another chance in the Premier League at Brighton on a permanent basis, though. He'll be 32 in the summer and is not getting any younger.

Then there's King (29) who could still play a role in midfield because of our current lack of cover in that area.

You can't fire them all, not all have thrown tantrums in the past and many of those what appear to be bench players next season will want to play or have to play because of some sort of rotation that is needed or because of maintaining the chance to feature for their respective national team. We also cannot transfer them all out because of contractual obligations (wages) and unless we have somebody better lined up to replace them, there's no use to do so.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1