Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

The problem lies with Puel not the players.Its his job to prepare and pick the right team.He persisted with chilwell and Gray too often and teams targetted this area.Also kept playing James who does not have a key pass in him.Also he allowed Vardy to be isolated and triple marked. So no it was not his players but it was his selection and tactics.If this is a sign of things to come then we will be relegated.Don't let our judgement be couded by a win over a depleted Arsenal team who were further on the beach than ourselves.He should go now based on his record since christmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

The problem lies with Puel not the players.Its his job to prepare and pick the right team.He persisted with chilwell and Gray too often and teams targetted this area.Also kept playing James who does not have a key pass in him.Also he allowed Vardy to be isolated and triple marked. So no it was not his players but it was his selection and tactics.If this is a sign of things to come then we will be relegated.Don't let our judgement be couded by a win over a depleted Arsenal team who were further on the beach than ourselves.He should go now based on his record since christmas.

If you want young players like Gray and Chilwell to progress, they must play.
James played games where LCFC was excellent like Chelsea
Vardy scored 20 goals...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yks said:

If you want young players like Gray and Chilwell to progress, they must play.
James played games where LCFC was excellent like Chelsea
Vardy scored 20 goals...

He meant Puel‘s record since Christmas, not Vardy‘s.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Really?  Are you including the goal keeper in that three marking Vardy?

Most defences playing 4 at the back.with 2 or 3 centrebacks.we only had Vardy on his own.His return shows what an absolute class act he is.Without him Puel would be long gone.This is a puel thread.He is an inept manager who will take us down.I hope im wrong Ffs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Most defences playing 4 at the back.with 2 or 3 centrebacks.we only had Vardy on his own.His return shows what an absolute class act he is.Without him Puel would be long gone.This is a puel thread.He is an inept manager who will take us down.I hope im wrong Ffs!

that is pretty obvious, take a 20 goal a season striker out of any team, they will struggle. Mahrez & Vardy are the only difference between us not being at the the bottom end of the table. That's not puels fault, that's Claudio & Shakeys fault for not bringing in a higher quality of player to  compliment Vardy & Mahrez. Vardy scored 20 league goals, Mahrez 13 goals and 10 assists, we finished on 47 points. That says it all about how poor/average the rest of the team is. 

36 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

It appears to be the cropstonfox thread actually. And you've made your disdain for Puel clear, numerous times. Got anything constructive to add?

I also love how you state with certainty that he WILL take us down - no doubt, no use of a word like probably or possibly or likely - then you say you hope you're wrong, as if your certainty is as nothing. How will you deal with being reminded of this should you turn out to be wrong?

Edited by HighPeakFox
s
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

that is pretty obvious, take a 20 goal a season striker out of any team, they will struggle. Mahrez & Vardy are the only difference between us not being at the the bottom end of the table. That's not puels fault, that's Claudio & Shakeys fault for not bringing in a higher quality of player to  compliment Vardy & Mahrez. Vardy scored 20 league goals, Mahrez 13 goals and 10 assists, we finished on 47 points. That says it all about how poor/average the rest of the team is. 

Imagine where we could be if Mahrez hadn't behaved that badly in January and focused on football instead of creating drama.

The lack of competition in the league also plays into it - there have been too many teams performing below expectations, luckily worse than us. Otherwise, we'd be looking at a spot in between 10th and 13th.

We've been relying on two players for too long, that is correct. And other players have failed to chip in accordingly. But how much of the blame goes to the former managers? Who was our Head of Recruitment for most part during that spell? First of all, Steve Walsh left in July 2016 and we then went two months rudderless before Macia stepped in.

Not the ideal situation to have to perform with the 2016-2017 January transfer window as your next opportunity.

Also, let's not forget the Silva transfer debacle. I suppose if we had been able to count on his services starting last summer already, we probably wouldn't have seen such a dip in form under Puel during the second half of this past season.

Injures and suspensions, but mostly injuries, played their part. too. Iborra, Okazaki, Ndidi, Simpson and James were sidelined during spells where we needed them dearly. Add to that Huth's foot problems.

And then Puel sent out Slimani and Ulloa out on loan and starts to persist with playing long balls into the opposing box, with no tall striker available any longer...

All in all, a situation that closely resembles a debacle since the start of the new year. Just a pure mess.

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Yes and No..I Sort of agree with your  sentiments..I dont believe we have poor midfield Players,but

the team are Not pushing from midfield high enough,to create chances from that 2nd Line of Players.

Let IT be either Gray/Albrighton/Diabete of Late,then directly from the midfield 2....

For me ,to chase a positive top 9-5,then the midfield have to be given PL-targets,such AS:-

Ndidi..7-10, from Iborra/Ndidi Position 6-8. From the Position that possible Gray/Albrighton/Diabete

May Share 7-10.    If Nacho becomes a City stalwart,He/the Position, must harvest 12-16 goals.

If Mahrez Departs we need another  12+ Player.

From defence..5-7 goals.

City Play reasonable Football,Vardy will still be our man for 20+ Goals.

62 + goals, must be a target. Obviously If the defence is strong and stops the

Silly Errors ,and Leak  below 45,then some areas might get Off,with the lower end targets.

IMO, we need that 2nd Striker position to Mesh,and be successfull,more than we need Mahrez

Position,to be at the forefront.

On 29/05/2018 at 09:04, Legend_in_blue said:

The problem lies with the players, not Puel.

They can't and will not sustain the form that brought the league title.  As I said at the back end of last season, what motivates these players to go out there and achieve more?  They achieved the top level prize in professional football.  They just aren't up for it as they were before. 

It's time to move these players on.

They can and might sustain the form that earned them the title. It might not be enough, but they can definitely do it. What motivates them is doing it again, and again, you'd think. If we've got to move these players on, we should at least get them to help with expanding the club shop before they leave. We've at least got to be practical. 

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

"But Puel listened to advice and instructed his team to play to strength for the final two games, going more direct for the visit of Arsene Wenger's side and trip to Wembley."

Hopefully not from the dictating players again

When the players dictated we did okay, when Puels decided how we play we're abysmal. If the report is true, player power has kept him in a job.

He 'll be gone before Xmas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

"But Puel listened to advice and instructed his team to play to strength for the final two games, going more direct for the visit of Arsene Wenger's side and trip to Wembley."

Hopefully not from the dictating players again

If he's listening to advice, it's a sign of strength. If he's being told what to do, we have authority problems. It's a fine line really.

This tells me that the style we played isn't what Puel has been asking for as some of the players stated! 

His style is the style that bored everyone and cost us games, I hope he has learnt from it and plays to his team's streghts in the future. Interesting to see who else he brings in to help him implement and improve his style of football. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It wasn't about how direct we were that encouraged me in the last 2 games, it was the intensity and desire. We were first to every ball, committed in the challenge, and looked to get forward at every opportunity, either with short or long passing.

The notion that Spurs and Arsenal 'let us play' is ridiculous. If you're going to slate Puel for the bad performances (I know I did), you've got to credit him for changing it up and playing some good stuff.

He's staying. Get used to it, accept it, and get behind the lads.

We did look more committed, but how much of that was down to the fact that the opposition were allowing us to play our preferred style?

It's a lot easier to show attacking intent when there are players in space in attacking positions. Against Arsenal and Spurs there was space in-behind for Vardy, Mahrez was being allowed to cut inside, Iheanacho often had acres of space to control the ball and turn. Those things very rarely happen for 75% of matches during the season. It is those 75% of matches that are our problem.

I've accepted that he is staying, but that doesn't mean to say I have to believe it is the right decision.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

This tells me that the style we played isn't what Puel has been asking for as some of the players stated! 

His style is the style that bored everyone and cost us games, I hope he has learnt from it and plays to his team's streghts in the future. Interesting to see who else he brings in to help him implement and improve his style of football. 

I never know whether to believe him or not when he talks about intensity and attacking intent. Hopefully that is his preferred style, but evidence from the last two seasons suggests not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1