Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

22 hours ago, foxes21 said:

We’ve pressed aggressively on numerous occassions:

First half against Swansea at home

Everton away

Watford at home

Huddersfield at home

Chelsea away 

West Brom away

Man Utd home 

Burnley away second half

If you include the ‘new manager bounce’ period and the last 2 games I could list even more times where we’ve pressed well. It just hasn’t been consistent, because of a combination of poor players to begin with and players that can’t adapt to puel’s style. But as proven in the list above, Puel does want us to press.

Next season we will see a team better suited to Puel’s tactics. 

Keep the faith !

Pressing the way do to be relentless and for the majority of the game. I see what you’re saying but pressing aggressively and then playing a possession game nullifies it with the players we have. 

Every team presses the opposition eventually with a high, medium or low press. The fact we looked disjointed off the ball, in a lot of people's eyes, was probably more to do with a lack of organisation. To be honest, until the last two games I'm not convinced that the players knew what the hell they were supposed to be doing.

On 29/05/2018 at 15:56, HighPeakFox said:

It appears to be the cropstonfox thread actually. And you've made your disdain for Puel clear, numerous times. Got anything constructive to add?

I also love how you state with certainty that he WILL take us down - no doubt, no use of a word like probably or possibly or likely - then you say you hope you're wrong, as if your certainty is as nothing. How will you deal with being reminded of this should you turn out to be wrong?

I will be very happy if I am wrong and Puel turns out to be average or better.I have seen enough to make me sure that he will take us down .The only way I can be wrong is if he changes and I Assume that is what the owners are hoping for.

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

I will be very happy if I am wrong and Puel turns out to be average or better.I have seen enough to make me sure that he will take us down .The only way I can be wrong is if he changes and I Assume that is what the owners are hoping for.

It's still all about you, though.

15 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Ok fair point 

Its not about Puel its about me and the underlying disorder.He'll still take us down though with or without .

And if he doesn't, will you still post self aggrandizing rubbish? 

20 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

If he keeps us up.I'll take great pleasure in eating humble pie and continue to support our great club .

Good luck supporting Coventry this season.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

All over twitter in Turkey that he's in talks with Damien Comoli to join fenerbache.

http://m.gunes.com/spor/damien-comolli-claude-pueli-istiyor-883293

“There’s always lots of excitement when the fixtures are announced and looking at our schedule for the new season, it’s certainly an exciting one for both our players and our fans," said City boss Claude Puel.

"Travelling to Manchester United on the opening weekend certainly presents us with a challenge, but all games in the Premier League are tough and this gives us a chance to show what we are capable of against a team with great quality."

After United, City welcome newly-promoted Wolves – last season's runaway Championship winners – to the King Power Stadium.

City faced newcomers Brighton in their first home game last season, too, and came away 2-0 winners.

“The fixture we all look forward to is the first home game, and this season that will be against another dangerous side in Wolves, who enjoyed a fantastic season in the Championship to reach the Premier League," added Puel.

"I know that our fans will continue to generate a wonderful atmosphere at home and away, as they always do. Their support gives the team a boost on the pitch and can help push us on."

Puel is expected to remain in charge of City for the new season despite speculation towards the end of the last campaign that he could be set to lose his job amid reports of backroom unrest and calls for him to be sacked by some sections of supporters.

“To all our supporters, I hope that you enjoy your summers, enjoy supporting all our players at the World Cup and we look forward to seeing you again in August when we can begin the new Premier League season together," he said.

This today, on top of commenting on our new signings. He isn't going anywhere!

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

“There’s always lots of excitement when the fixtures are announced and looking at our schedule for the new season, it’s certainly an exciting one for both our players and our fans," said City boss Claude Puel.

"Travelling to Manchester United on the opening weekend certainly presents us with a challenge, but all games in the Premier League are tough and this gives us a chance to show what we are capable of against a team with great quality."

After United, City welcome newly-promoted Wolves – last season's runaway Championship winners – to the King Power Stadium.

City faced newcomers Brighton in their first home game last season, too, and came away 2-0 winners.

“The fixture we all look forward to is the first home game, and this season that will be against another dangerous side in Wolves, who enjoyed a fantastic season in the Championship to reach the Premier League," added Puel.

"I know that our fans will continue to generate a wonderful atmosphere at home and away, as they always do. Their support gives the team a boost on the pitch and can help push us on."

Puel is expected to remain in charge of City for the new season despite speculation towards the end of the last campaign that he could be set to lose his job amid reports of backroom unrest and calls for him to be sacked by some sections of supporters.

“To all our supporters, I hope that you enjoy your summers, enjoy supporting all our players at the World Cup and we look forward to seeing you again in August when we can begin the new Premier League season together," he said.

Club put out stock quotes done days in advance shocke, means nothing  ?

Edited by Babylon

23 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Tbh that just doesn't sound how he would talk. That's some made up sh1t and at most he's okayed it. 

1 minute ago, 80's fox said:

Tbh that just doesn't sound how he would talk. That's some made up sh1t and at most he's okayed it. 

So our club is actively putting out "quotes" from our manager, whilst he is actually currently in talks with Fenerbache whilst still contracted to us..

Yeh that sounds plausible :huh: