Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

11 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

‘The Puel out brigade’ which you write about was 88% of the posters on here before the Arsenal game according to the poll.

One win and conceding five goals away for the second successive game and all of a sudden the ‘outers’ are in the minority.

What a bunch of fickle and idiotic twats we have on here.

It seems everyone in the last two weeks has always been a ‘Puel in’ all along; and anyone suggesting relegation form since mid December with Claude at the helm is not good enough is some sort of dissenter of the true path.

What a load of shit. 

Puel was wanted out by anyone with half a brain based on 5 months of shockingly bad results ffs.

It was 88% of those who voted not a percentage of posters on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Beechey said:

And you like the sight and feel of the enter key don't you?

I voted for him to go in one (maybe two, we had so many in like a week spell) poll after voting in on every previous possible poll because I thought the players had downed tools. Turns out I was wrong, so I'm happy to continue backing him over the summer and into next season to see how we do. It isn't an odd position to hold. We have recently been playing with a squad that cost us a grand total of roughly £68 million. That frankly is peanuts and given our recruitment in 2016, it's obvious we're going to need a major rebuild, which appears to now be under way. You seem to pin the lack of points solely on the manager when we frankly should have picked up at least 8 extra points this season given how any chances we failed to convert in 4 of our draw games, a dip in form occurred and we performed badly. This will happen almost every season no matter the manager, are we going to sack the manager every time our form takes a hit?

Why not for once put a little trust in a professional football manager and let him do his job?

Can we all at least agree that use of paragraphs is generally good, but that they shouldn’t be overused?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can we all at least agree that use of paragraphs is generally good, but that they shouldn’t be overused?

Surely common ground! lol

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

I’ve mostly been 50/50 about Puel, and even though the last 2 games gave me optimism, I still cannot get it out of my head the fact we didn’t have a clue how to break down the likes of Swansea, Southampton, Stoke etc, teams that sit deep.

With teams like that is does help to have a target man, my main concern is Puel was quick to offload Ulloa and Slimani maybe he doesn’t like that type of player.

With this in mind how is he going to change the way we play against the lesser  lights ?, because these games are our bread and butter.

On 26/05/2018 at 22:23, volpeazzurro said:

I agree that it's trash when it sites Johnson, Armarty and Simpson in the way that it does and that is no disrespect to those players for differing reasons. However, I too feel that Pereira is a big risk at that price. He's had one decent season in a not so great league, the same league where we got Slimani and Silva from. They were supposedly atvthe top of their game players at  £30m who, regardless of excuses have hardly lived up to their billing. This lad, until this season, has been out on loan and got ripped a new one in the Champions league, he's a good prospect but not a £20m player on big wages risk in a league that his compatriots struggle to adapt to. I hope I'm wrong.

One decent season? Two seasons at Nice forgotten there seemingly.

He's been highly thought of in two different divisions now. I'd say that's a pretty good sign.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

One decent season? Two seasons at Nice forgotten there seemingly.

He's been highly thought of in two different divisions now. I'd say that's a pretty good sign.

I too was in the Puel out camp, but clearly the owners feel differently so I am prepared to let him have a transfer window and see how he gets on. He quite clearly has a plan to take us forward that the owners have bought into otherwise he would be gone by now.

• Like 3

Whatever some might think we don't get to know everything that goes on in the club. A 9th place finish and 2 cup QF is not a bad starting place to improve. Lost faith with the Palace and West Ham performances and we had some very poor performances after Jan with the transfer window doing us no favours whatsoever. Now it could have been that Puel had taken a look with the owners backing of trying a few alternatives. He might have gone straight out and said RB is needed for starters, I have a guy Ricardo but will make do with what we have until the summer. The speed in which he has been brought in suggests the deal had been in place some time and looking at the way Puel plays attacking FB/WB are a must and this guy does improve things. He clearly pushed players out on loan thought surplus and just perhaps thought that holding fire till the summer was the way forward. The Mahrez Man City fiasco came to late in the window for us, Man City only really made a move too late in the window when someone got injured. If Puel was going he would have been gone by now surely so lets get behind him. 4 seasons in the premiership should see us established but it can go all Stoke City with a couple of poor decisions. Still our 2nd best finish in that time and room to improve

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gerbold said:

I recently heard a very appropriate quote appropriate for your post - "I can tell how intelligent a man is by how stupid he thinks I am" (Cormac McCarthy - the bloke who wrote 'No Country For Old Men'). Substitute "idiotic" for "stupid".

Wasn't expecting to see my favourite author mentioned in FT...

It's actually a character in one of his books who makes this comment, the properly nasty fecker Perez in 'All The Pretty Horses'. 

I think there's a more apposite quote regarding @NotTheMarketLeader going down the 'opinionated rabbit hole' that occurs a couple of lines earlier;

He sat back easily. He tapped his temple. It is not that he is stupid. It is that his picture of the world is incomplete. In this rare way. He looks only where he wishes to see. You understand me?
    I understand you.

Good, said Perez. I can normally tell how intelligent a man is by how stupid he thinks I am.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't think any of us is a position to demand an answer to any general view, nor call anyone else (essentially) an idiot for not going along with a particular strand of thought. I entirely take your various points on this, gents, I just happen to see things differently - what I'm not going to do is tell you that you're a moron because you don't have my viewpoint, nor make one poster the scapegoat for a general trend in opinion.

I think anyone decrying the fickle nature of football fans needs to check their glass house, because we are all of us capable of a fickle reaction based on what's just happened - I know I am, and that's one reason I stop posting from time to time, to stop myself getting into reactionary mode. I'm also all for discussion of viewpoints, but not any sort of contributor witchhunt. I'm sure a lot of you might agree that reading other people having their spats is one of the most tiresome elements on this site. And again, I've been guilty of it, and altered my behaviour as a result.

Exactly what I did when I was banned suspended two weeks ago.

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If you're suggesting I was banned/suspended, then you're mistaken. If not, I'm interested to know why you got banned yourself.

Wasn't my intention at all. Just joking a bit. I was a banned for a week because I gave a muppet disagreeing fan too much of my time and dedication.

The mods called it " abusive behavior".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Wasn't my intention at all. Just joking a bit. I was a banned for a week because I gave a muppet disagreeing fan too much of my time and dedication.

The mods called it " abusive behavior".

It's a fine line, and it's easy to see how it can happen. I am learning that the key is to not get drawn into personal battles, however patently absurd the correspondent is. After all, we're all here for the same reason (well, the majority are...).

Edited by HighPeakFox

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's a fine line, and it's easy to see how it can happen. I am learning that the key is to not get drawn into personal battles, however patently absurd the correspondent is. After all, we're all here for the same reason (well, the majority are...).

That's my line.

Until the next ban.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

I too was in the Puel out camp, but clearly the owners feel differently so I am prepared to let him have a transfer window and see how he gets on. He quite clearly has a plan to take us forward that the owners have bought into otherwise he would be gone by now.

.....I still believe irrespective of who is the existing manager, the owners, could not afford to allow this cycle to continue. They have backed the players twice and could not in all honesty allow the same situation to develop once more had they have appointed a new manager.

Not so much a vote for Puel but a need to regain control of the football club.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, murphy said:

download.jpeg.110ae66bff232cb1e606676d8287b1dc.jpeg

Carlsberg don't do self indulgent tripe but if they did...

I could send you to Coventry, and have you destined to roam forever  the Wilderness of the unenlightened

but they have Just got promoted,so you are Not without Hope....plus a good Portion of Tripe and onions,

would do us all good, even lost souls who spout offel,Like myself...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I could send you to Coventry, and have you destined to roam forever  the Wilderness of the unenlightened

but they have Just got promoted,so you are Not without Hope....plus a good Portion of Tripe and onions,

would do us all good, even lost souls who spout offel,Like myself...:rolleyes:

Well that told me.   I think?

No... I give up...

I don't understand any of it.