Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Leicester City Vs Newcastle United

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Going for the 1-0 down in around the 40th minute, then better team 2nd half but struggle to score, subs made around 75th minute, equaliser scored after the 85th minute

Love the optimism. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Every game we've played against Newcastle where Shinji has played, we've won and he's scored.

Not strictly true, he didn't score at their gaff as it was an own goal.

Diabate to start and open the scoring today.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Ive tried getting Walkers/Weller lately and I'm told no go even on a frdiay.

Always a bunch of empty seats up there top left which I think they must keep for friends/family/guests.

That's true.

But I know some people have paid / do pay over the odds just to get a place there, and get accepted quickly.

Rafa has brought newcastle on a bit and there's probably not much between us right now. Our record against them is probably better than any other team we've played since our return in 2014 so slightly optimistic.

Be good to get a league win at home.watford seems like an a long time ago.claude could do with a home victory.

Win this one, beat Burnley and then Southampton - while, just to be on the safe side, extinguishing their FA Cup hopes by crocking a couple of their decent players (actually, are there any?) and.... well, Europa League here we come!

A tough ask, you say? Well, don't forget we have beaten all three of these teams already this season...

Geordie in peace. 

It's weird, for the first time in ages Newcastle don't have much to play for at the end of the season. The win against Huddersfield pretty much got us over the line in terms of safety and as long as we don't collapse and the teams below us don't turn into 70s Brazil overnight I think we're safe. 

Don't think we'll beat you on your ground, personally. We're both teams who enjoy playing on the counter, so I'm anticipating a stand-off, but your quality in key areas making the difference. I'd be happy with a low scoring draw, delighted with a win, but accepting of a hard fought narrow loss too. We're a newly promoted side, who've not made sweeping changes to the side that played in the Championship last season. 

The best hope for us is that your lads are a bit complacent, or we have a very good day. Kenedy has been praised a lot since he joined on loan, and he's certainly offered much, much more than I thought he would. He's a danger from set pieces and has a range of skills that can unpick a defence. Dubravka has been the difference for me though. His command of the defensive unit has meant we've kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, and have only lost to the best two attacks in the league; Liverpool and Man City.

That said, I think we'll struggle to get through your defence and will be tested more rigorously by you than we were by Southampton and Huddersfield.