Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Leicester City Vs Newcastle United

would like to see him go with this team. armarty could shield the back 3 and silva and ibborra could run the midfield.

kasper

dragovic                        wes                         harry

armarty      

mahraz                             silva                                                      ibborra                   allbrightom

shinij/ or diabate

vardy

On 4/1/2018 at 14:33, Gerard said:

Neutrals think they're safe but they won't think like that, they'll want at least one more win this season and every point is still vital.

Rafa is quoted as saying he won't be satisfield until Toon have 40 points - they could finish top half by overtaking Watford and Bournemouth (both 37 points).

I fancied Brighton to at least draw last Saturday giving us a 5-point advantage, so the win puts you in a strong position to overhaul us. I can't see Newcastle scoring but they might sneak a goalless draw. We'll probably lose at Watford (Deeney pen).

Edited by lancyclaret
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bpfox said:

would like to see him go with this team. armarty could shield the back 3 and silva and ibborra could run the midfield.

kasper

armarty      

mahraz                             silva                                                      ibborra                   allbrightom

shinij/ or diabate

vardy

Mahrez as a wingback?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Mahrez as a wingback?

he plays that roll now, and with this line up he will not have to do so much defensive work, i really think this system could work us two ball players in the middle of the park two wide men going forward and we still got cover at the back, and when ndidi gets back it even becomes better.

39 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Rafa is quoted as saying he won't be satisfield until Toon have 40 points - they could finish top half by overtaking Watford and Bournemouth (both 37 points).

I fancied Brighton to at least draw last Saturday giving us a 5-point advantage, so the win puts you in a strong position to overhaul us. I can't see Newcastle scoring but they might sneak a goalless draw. We'll probably lose at Watford (Deeney pen).

Thanks for sticking with us, I hope you're not getting trolled. If I weren't a Leicester fan, I'd be backing you all the way - I can't be doing with bitterness.

1 hour ago, lancyclaret said:

I'm really not confident of us taking 7th, but if we're going to, now is the time. 

We've been so inconsistent this season and we essentially need to win our next two to be in with a shot.

6 hours ago, bpfox said:

kasper

armarty      

shinij/ or diabate

vardy

Looks like Harry is protecting Drago

Shinji is not the man you want when you’re trying to break down a defence. I imagine it’s extremely frustrating for the likes of Mahrez when his passing options are Shinzi or Simpson, neither are particularly adept at quick passing moves & are almost guaranteed to lose the ball. Got to be Iheanacho or Diabate for me.

shinzi is the man though when you want to help your midfield defensively.

Edited by Bablemikey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

Shinji is not the man you want when you’re trying to break down a defence. I imagine it’s extremely frustrating for the likes of Mahrez when his passing options are Shinzi or Simpson, neither are particularly adept at quick passing moves & are almost guaranteed to lose the ball. Got to be Iheanacho or Diabate for me.

shinzi is the man though when you want to help your midfield defensively.

Thing is, without N'Didi he might be an asset on Saturday.

What we need is one of those games where we score early. Attack them from KO and nick an early goal. Get another on the break before HT and then get Shinji on to break up play second half.

I really liked that first half performance against Swansea (Home), where Silva and Diabate played really well. We should have buried them early and contained them, but instead we got held to a 1-1. If we can play it right on Sat we shouldn't have too many problems. Hope we don't make it difficult for ourselves.

On 4/2/2018 at 11:17, Babylon said:

Or something a bit more radical...

Kasper

Dragovic            Wes              Maguire

Albrighton                Iborra             Silva                          Chilwell

Mahrez                                   Diabate

Vardy

Thumbs up from me for this team. 

This is a massive game for us. We need to not only catch Burnley, but get ahead of them with our last 2 games of the season likely to be against Arsenal and Spurs- we could pick up points, but we can't be relying on it. That means winning all of our other home games, and away at Burnley. 

With 2 wins in our last 2 league games, we are hopefully starting a good run of form (despite the Brighton performance being pretty poor). Let's carry it on.

5 hours ago, KFS said:

I'm really not confident of us taking 7th, but if we're going to, now is the time. 

We've been so inconsistent this season and we essentially need to win our next two to be in with a shot.

It’s a double edged sword finishing 7th and qualifying for Europe, yes it’s nice to be in Europe but that comp is incredibly hard to win and is such a strain on resources that personally I’d sooner we weren’t in it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It’s a double edged sword finishing 7th and qualifying for Europe, yes it’s nice to be in Europe but that comp is incredibly hard to win and is such a strain on resources that personally I’d sooner we weren’t in it. 

But on the flip side, you are more likely to attract quality signings if in Europe, so... 

Just now, rachhere said:

But on the flip side, you are more likely to attract quality signings if in Europe, so... 

Yeah this is a major plus for me, that and the stature of competing sits well given our recent escapades.

As fans as well it'd be great to go on a trip or two...

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah this is a major plus for me, that and the stature of competing sits well given our recent escapades.

As fans as well it'd be great to go on a trip or two...

I know, I am counting on a summer trip somewhere..! 

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Or a possible back door in back in to the Champion League........

If we are going to keep growing we need to keep pushing forward, trying to win cups and qualify for European competition, or you end up a Stoke or West Brom stagnating in mid-table until in because meaningless and then fall apart and get relegated.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Europa league would be a realistic trophy to win and that comes with a Champions league spot. 

As long  as we weren't in relegation trouble and got through the group stage, it should become our priority. 

Although I don't think we'll get 7th.

On 02/04/2018 at 11:17, Babylon said:

Kapser

Simpson    Wes     Maguire     Chilwell

Mahrez       Iborra       Siva      Albrighton

Diabate / Shinji / Iheanacho (none a perfect fit for our system)

Vardy

Or something a bit more radical...

Kasper

Dragovic            Wes              Maguire

Albrighton                Iborra             Silva                          Chilwell

Mahrez                                   Diabate

Vardy

Take Albrighton out of the right side and put grey there and your spot on 

• Haha 1

Schmeichel

Simpson    Maguire   Morgan   Chilwell

Mahrez      Silva      Iborra     Albrighton 

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Would prefer to see both Dragovic and Fuchs in the defence for Morgan and Chilwell but that won't happen. Ndidi will be a big miss.