Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Leicester City Vs Newcastle United

Them winning yesterday is probably a good thing- they're more or less safe, and they could have been a lot more desperate to scrap for it with 3 or 4 less points. I'd like to think we will have enough to put them away with home advantage, and we need to if we want that European spot.

If he doesn't play Amartey as a defensive midfielder,it might be 3. 5. 1. 1 with Silva,Iborra and Mahrez in midfield, Chilwell and Albrighton as the wing backs.

Schmeichel

Amartey, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell

Diabate, Silva, Iborra, Gray

Mahrez

Vardy 

Diabate, Mahrez & Gray interchanging. I know Gray is usually shite but he got an assist so he should be given a chance to improve on that. Diabate starting is a no brainer for me and with Silva/Mahrez in the central areas we might actually see some intelligent movement in the final third. 

Very weak defensively because of Ndidi’s suspension but Newcastle will be camped in their own half all game.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 4

Love diabate, only issue for me is he's easily pushed off the ball and out the way, especially against more physical teams, with refs allowing it. Can't remember which home game it was but everytime he touched the ball he was pushed off it and the ref just allowed everything to go

What I want to see:

Kasper

Albrighton

Dragovic

Knight

Maguire

Chilwell

Iborra

Diabaté

Silva

Vardy

Iheanacho

What I expect to see:

Kasper

simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Mahrez

Iborra

Silva

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

I think we possibly will need to change shape because nobody in the squad can replace the energy that N'Didi gives. For me the closest person that gives a similar level of work rate to N'Didi that can play in a central role is Amartey. However, I doubt this will happen. 

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell 

Mahrez 

Silva

Iborra

Albrighton 

Diabate

Vardy

I think if we can find Diabate in space between their midfield and defence then he can cause all sorts of problems. A good first touch/close control and does everything in one or two touches makes him hard to tackle and it creates space for others. You lose Okazakis work rate but he gives it away too cheaply when he finds himself in good positions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think we possibly will need to change shape because nobody in the squad can replace the energy that N'Didi gives. For me the closest person that gives a similar level of work rate to N'Didi that can play in a central role is Amartey. However, I doubt this will happen. 

Surely they’ll appeal that sending off, I really don’t think there was any contact with the player!

This has all the ingredients to be a proper turgid game if we set up the same as we started yesterday. They will probably come and park the bus knowing a draw will be a decent result for them so I can see Diabate and Gray starting this in place of Shinji and Albrighton.

In order to maintain the width I would probably put Riyad behind Vardy as his tendency to drift in and take 100 touches for the first hour yesterday was painful to watch.