Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Leicester City Vs Newcastle United

On 03/04/2018 at 17:32, lancyclaret said:

I reckon if you asked Puel & Dyche in private (with no reporting to the media) BOTH managers would prefer not to be playing Thursday-Sunday next season - more so Dyche and his lacking-in-depth squad. Everton were dreadful in the PL this season when they were playing the 6 Europa League group matches.

In a way, I'd like Burnley to finish 7th and Saints to win the FA Cup.

I find your lack of ambition odd. In the modern day era of top flight football, Burnley if relegated will one day return to the top flight.

What is far, far more unlikely to occur again is the opportunity of Burnley playing AC Milan and watching their team play in San Siro. 

I know one day we will be relegated again; so why not reward one of our best seasons with some great trips across Europe

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I find your lack of ambition odd. In the modern day era of top flight football, Burnley if relegated will one day return to the top flight.

What is far, far more unlikely to occur again is the opportunity of Burnley playing AC Milan and watching their team play in San Siro. 

I know one day we will be relegated again; so why not reward one of our best seasons with some great trips across Europe

Many Burnley fans still remember the "Battle of Naples"....we drew 0-0 against Napoli in violent, intimidatory scenes after winning the first leg 3-0 at Turf Moor.

We reached the quarter-finals of the Fairs Cup (Europa League) only to lose 3-2 on aggregate to Eintracht Frankfurt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Many Burnley fans still remember the "Battle of Naples"....we drew 0-0 against Napoli in violent, intimidatory scenes after winning the first leg 3-0 at Turf Moor.

We reached the quarter-finals of the Fairs Cup (Europa League) only to lose 3-2 on aggregate to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Interesting though this is, it doesn't address what was said to you.

10 minutes ago, brucey said:

Most of the U23s (including Thomas and Hughes) are currently on a team bonding trip in Jersey. However Choudhury and Barnes have been left behind to train with the first team.

Expect Hamza on the bench Saturday ad back up CM. 

CP has used him before ahead of Amartey as a CM.

I’d like to see us go three at the back. I think Simpson is a little off at the moment, and with the Ndidi out, shielding the (now three) centre backs with two ‘holding’ centre Mids in Iborra and Silva, may be an option. Putting Chilly and Marc out wide, with Mahrez in the hole, with maybe Iheanacho up top to give Vardy much needed support.

Schmiechel

Maguire

Morgan

Dragovic

Albrighton

Iborra

Silva

Chillwell

Mahrez

Vardy

Iheanacho 

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d like to see us go three at the back. I think Simpson is a little off at the moment, and with the Ndidi out, shielding the (now three) centre backs with two ‘holding’ centre Mids in Iborra and Silva, may be an option. Putting Chilly and Marc out wide, with Mahrez in the hole, with maybe Iheanacho up top to give Vardy much needed support.

Schmiechel

Maguire

Morgan

Dragovic

Albrighton

Iborra

Silva

Chillwell

Mahrez

Vardy

Iheanacho 

I’d be happy with that tbf. As you correctly pointed out, the absence of Ndidi will mean the centre backs will be more exposed so having 3 of them instead of 2 offers extra cover meaning Silva and Iborra can do a bit more of their work further forward which they’ll prefer. Mahrez in the hole would be better as well as I think he is more effective there in Puel’s system

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

3 man midfield versus Newcastle? Could see it working, and might give Hamza some confidence in what would be his first start if Puel goes with the three of them.

Nah... he's just saying we have three options rather than we'll play a 3.

• Like 1

I'd imagine Choudhury will get some minutes if we're winning. Good to see another youth product get an opportunity!

I still think we will start with Iborra and Silva in a 2 and will naturally control the game more at home and play a bit higher up the pitch, so a bit more technical ability could be beneficial. Just need to watch out for the counter.

Excited to see Silva start again and hopefully show us more of what he can do.

We will definitely miss N'didi and lack the energy and athleticism he gives us in there, but hopefully Iborra and Silva can form a nice partnership. I see them working well when we are in possession, but we may struggle when trying to defend. Hopefully Puel is well aware of this, and has Okazaki or whoever is behind Vardy, dropping a little deeper and helping out. 

I think a lot will depend on how Silva steps up to this role and Iborra will need to be on it for us to win this. Optimistic though! 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like we will get to see Silva and Iborra starting against Newcastle, expect to see Choudhury on the bench

Happy for Hamza. I think that we will be okay with Iborra and Silva. If we play Diabate as well, we'll be in good shape.

With Silva and Iborra I'd like to see Drac in there too. We would be more likely to play the ball out from the back with some success. Puel appears to want a possession game but inserts 2 backs who can't get coordinate their feet to make a pass so prefer air balls and one who's adept at mistakes in attempting a pass. At least the latter is somewhat coordinated.

Not my choice but no matter I'd expect the same lineup as last week except Silva in for Ndidi and Nacho or Diabate in for Okazaki

A not so pleasing to the eye 2-0 Leicester win

40 minutes ago, Salieri said:

Coming up from Cornwall for this, where’s the best place for a decent curry in the city centre? 

I live near Leicester and I'd be interested to know this lol haven't had a decent one in the city centre for years, probably since the Tiffin closed.

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Salieri said:

Coming up from Cornwall for this, where’s the best place for a decent curry in the city centre? 

Chef and Spice on Andrewes St is pretty decent, all you can eat for about £10 and only about 15 minute walk from the ground

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I live near Leicester and I'd be interested to know this lol haven't had a decent one in the city centre for years, probably since the Tiffin closed.

The one that's replaced it is alright imo.

4 hours ago, Salieri said:

Someone told me (can’t remember who) that you can’t beat the Prince of Punjab... 

Was just reading today's copy of the i newspaper and there's a quote from some tool called Russel sprout saying the only reason the 'Chairman is giving us free beer or water tomorrow' is because the beer is about to go out of date? Nothing to do with it being his 60th birthday then? Or what about the 60 season tickets he's giving away, are they going out of date too? People like this just make City fans seem like morons. Keep your thick thoughts to yourself, cretin.