Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Leicester City Vs Newcastle United

2 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Surely they’ll appeal that sending off, I really don’t think there was any contact with the player!

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Somebody tell him :)

Yellows can't be rescinded :plancque:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Them winning yesterday is probably a good thing- they're more or less safe, and they could have been a lot more desperate to scrap for it with 3 or 4 less points. I'd like to think we will have enough to put them away with home advantage, and we need to if we want that European spot.

Neutrals think they're safe but they won't think like that, they'll want at least one more win this season and every point is still vital.

We've been rubbish at home for ages, so would like to see us win one!

Losing Ndidi is a blow, but cometh the hour, cometh the man and I hope that Adrien Silva shows us what he's got. Shelvey is a technical player himself, so perhaps Silva will fair better against him than he has done against the other mid-table sides. On paper we should beat them, so as long as the boys put in a shift will go for a hard fought 2-1 win.

• Like 1

Newcastle looked extremely solid and well organised yesterday, it will be very difficult to pass through them, the best bet is going to be taking them on, give and go's, overlapping and overloading etc, the performance of the wingers will be key, there's an argument for having Mahrez as the no.10 so we have three effective dribblers out there. Pencil in a 30 yarder from Shelvey out of nothing and we'll need two to win it, so 2-1 City. 

Heard that Mike Ashley will be heading to the club shop with Slimani nd his receipt to ask for a refund on the loan fee as he doesn't appear to be working properly. Also to see that a leisurewear retail store doesn't have to represent a bomb struck jumble sale.

Kasper

Amartey (If fit)

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Mahrez

Iborra

Choudhury

Diabate

Gray

Vardy

3-0 (Mahrez, Vardy, Morgan)

Don't think it'd be a 'slap in the face' to play Choudhury ahead of Silva - they're different players and we need a 'ball winner' in the midfield, and I think Hamza is the closest to Ndidi in that respect.

Edited by Devonfox1884

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Kasper

Amartey (If fit)

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Mahrez

Iborra

Choudhury

Diabate

Gray

Vardy

3-0 (Mahrez, Vardy, Morgan)

Don't think it'd be a 'slap in the face' to play Choudhury ahead of Silva - they're different players and we need a 'ball winner' in the midfield, and I think Hamza is the closest to Ndidi in that respect.

So your not bothered about Europe then? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

I'd rather have Gray on the wing and Diabate behind Vardy than the other way around. Diabate can receive a pass in a tight area, pass and move, Gray seems to hold it much too long.

I'd agree with this.

On Newcastle, fully expecting Rafa to come and park the bus. There won't be many goals in this, unlike the reverse at SJP before Christmas.

11 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I'd agree with this.

On Newcastle, fully expecting Rafa to come and park the bus. There won't be many goals in this, unlike the reverse at SJP before Christmas.

Park the bus he may. It will soo get moved if we score.

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

I'd rather have Gray on the wing and Diabate behind Vardy than the other way around. Diabate can receive a pass in a tight area, pass and move, Gray seems to hold it much too long.

Best hope Fuchs is fit then. It's a waste of time using our left with Chilly and Gray both playing. One has no clue when to cross the other just won't cross or let go of the ball.

Just now, sylofox said:

Best hope Fuchs is fit then. It's a waste of time using our left with Chilly and Gray both playing. One has no clue when to cross the other just won't cross or let go of the ball.

Why cross when both players can keep passing to eachother and cutting inside? :ph34r:

I don't, as a rule, play the 'select a team' role before matches. That said...

I think Puel does have a wee bit of a problem here, the only saving grace being that he has a little more flexibility to experiment here than he will have against Burnley. Ndidi cannot be replaced, we have no guaranteed like-for-like replacement, so I think a reshape might be tried. 

Choudhury could be trialled as an Ndidi replacement but it is a great deal to ask, a weight to place on his young shoulders. He was a little lost on his brief outing in the senior side and whilst it was undoubtedly an experience for him, to be given a role of such importance against Newcastle is, I feel, a step too far at this stage in his development. It could be tried but with a Plan B ready to go just in case. 

Iborra, as much as I rate him, is not the answer either - not as the only defensive central midfielder anyway. He doesn't have the energy or work rate to take on the role, and he'd get bypassed and we'd be overrun with ease. He'd have to be played in tandem. I don't think Silva is a defensive player, more of an attacking midfielder. Oddly, this might mean we don't see him at all, due to a possible reshape.

Iborra could start as part of a defensive midfield pair; maybe with Choudhury or Amartey (if he's fit) and I can see a team being shaped around that.  At home, against a team that'll probably be defensive, I could see us going 3 at the back. This will leave us a degree of attacking options too.

I'm sure Puel will be playing with options on the training ground and I'll certainly be interested to see what he comes up with - not least because his selection will speak a great deal about him as a manager.

Edited by CarbonVirtine
  • Like 2

Kapser

Simpson    Wes     Maguire     Chilwell

Mahrez       Iborra       Siva      Albrighton

Diabate / Shinji / Iheanacho (none a perfect fit for our system)

Vardy

Or something a bit more radical...

Kasper

Dragovic            Wes              Maguire

Albrighton                Iborra             Silva                          Chilwell

Mahrez                                   Diabate

Vardy

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 14:45, Costock_Fox said:

This has all the ingredients to be a proper turgid game if we set up the same as we started yesterday. They will probably come and park the bus knowing a draw will be a decent result for them so I can see Diabate and Gray starting this in place of Shinji and Albrighton.

In order to maintain the width I would probably put Riyad behind Vardy as his tendency to drift in and take 100 touches for the first hour yesterday was painful to watch.

Agree about turgid. If we don't wake up from our customary slumber starts we may lose this. Last three at home have been poor, and we were poor for most of the Brighton game. Our difficulty has been breaking down teams that are below us in the league and then conceding sloppy goals, many from corners.

As to this game we could play Choudhry in the centre-mid, Iborra and Silva will not be able to perform the Ndidi role between them. Puel will definitely play Albrighton (as he's trusted) so not much change I believe. As to the Vardy support it could be any one from Gray, Okazaki, Diabete, Ihenacho. Using Gray may free Mahrez up a bit and that could be crucial trying to break down a black and white bus.   

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

Kapser

Simpson    Wes     Maguire     Chilwell

Mahrez       Iborra       Siva      Albrighton

Diabate / Shinji / Iheanacho (none a perfect fit for our system)

Vardy

Or something a bit more radical...

Kasper

Dragovic            Wes              Maguire

Albrighton                Iborra             Silva                          Chilwell

Mahrez                                   Diabate

Vardy

Like the look to your second team. Frightening front 3. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 02:05, lcfc sheff said:

Will be very interesting to see how we line up, Perhaps we could see Maguire in CDM and Dragovic in at CB? although I think i'm just dreaming/drinking too much

Maguire can't and won't play in the midfield. Too slow and lacks passing range as well as vision (for a midfielder).