Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

30 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Marcus Rashford ,  Moanhino isn't developing him he's suppressing him, the lad is ready to go, we paid 32 million for Slimani wack a bid in.

They won't sell him, even so he'd have better offers.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

They won't sell him, even so he'd have better offers.

You are more than likely right, he won't be sold ,however better offers , pay him 100 k a week, guarantee a starting 11 place , Drinkwater had a 'better offer' .

He  would want to start  every week , he'd get that,  would a 'bigger team'  be able to guarantee a game everyweek ?

Optimistic granted, possibly unrealistic ,but I would love us to go for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

You are more than likely right, he won't be sold ,however better offers , pay him 100 k a week, guarantee a starting 11 place , Drinkwater had a 'better offer' .

He  would want to start  every week , he'd get that,  would a 'bigger team'  be able to guarantee a game everyweek ?

Optimistic granted, possibly unrealistic ,but I would love us to go for him.

I'm not convinced he'd start every week with us, because Vardy will be ahead of him and I don't see them playing together

I would really like us to put a lot of effort in to actually "interviewing" players and to sign only players with the right attitudes, mentality and mindset.  First call needs to be that they fit the necessary skillsets obviously but I think football teams in general really need to look at the mental side of their signings as a team full of "the right sort of players" really does make a difference.  I am not smart enough to go in to the details of the mental/psychological side of team sport but I think its importance cannot be overstated.  I also think we need to employ a team/person to look at the player's mental health (I believe we had one in the title winning year) as we do really sometimes look like a team that could beat anyone if we are all "in the right place".

With that in mind, in terms of playing staff I would love an Ederson type keeper to replace Kasper (I love Kasper but do think a ball playing keeper would vastly improve the way we play).  Not sure who this would be but I assume our scouts could find a few potentials.  We then obviously need a ball playing CB and attacking RB.  I think "RB Maguire CB Chilwell" would be the way to go.  Draggo might be the option at CB, not sure.  I still like Tripper for RB and he seems to have a good attitude.  I actually think midfield is OK with Silva, Ndidi, Iborra and James/Choudhury.  Wingers is a hard one.  We currently have Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray and Diabate.  Even if Mahrez stays I think we need more.  Upfront we are OK but we clearly need a "number 10" option.

So, to conclude, I'd be happy with.....

Ball playing GK

Ball playing CB

Attacking RB

Another WInger

Number 10

That would be enough for me with maybe some younger players with potential to grow.  I just think it is important that all players we do sign have the right mental qualities also.  

X

Edited by RumbleFox

21 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I would really like us to put a lot of effort in to actually "interviewing" players and to sign only players with the right attitudes, mentality and mindset.  First call needs to be that they fit the necessary skillsets obviously but I think football teams in general really need to look at the mental side of their signings as a team full of "the right sort of players" really does make a difference.  I am not smart enough to go in to the details of the mental/psychological side of team sport but I think its importance cannot be overstated.  I also think we need to employ a team/person to look at the player's mental health (I believe we had one in the title winning year) as we do really sometimes look like a team that could beat anyone if we are all "in the right place".

With that in mind, in terms of playing staff I would love an Ederson type keeper to replace Kasper (I love Kasper but do think a ball playing keeper would vastly improve the way we play).  Not sure who this would be but I assume our scouts could find a few potentials.  We then obviously need a ball playing CB and attacking RB.  I think "RB Maguire CB Chilwell" would be the way to go.  Draggo might be the option at CB, not sure.  I still like Tripper for RB and he seems to have a good attitude.  I actually think midfield is OK with Silva, Ndidi, Iborra and James/Choudhury.  Wingers is a hard one.  We currently have Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray and Diabate.  Even if Mahrez stays I think we need more.  Upfront we are OK but we clearly need a "number 10" option.

Ball playing GK

Ball playing CB

Attacking RB

Another WInger

Number 10

That would be enough for me with maybe some younger players with potential to grow.  I just think it is important that all players we do sign have the right mental qualities also.  

X

I'm adamant we need a new CM to sit next to wilf. Doucoure/lemina/drinkwater. I may be a tad hopeful, I admit.

18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I would really like us to put a lot of effort in to actually "interviewing" players and to sign only players with the right attitudes, mentality and mindset.  

Unfortunately players have egos, if we did that we would piss off genuine talent.

Maguire spoke about joining us because Shakey showed how much we wanted him, Vardy with Pearson and countless the examples.

21 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Ball playing GK

Ball playing CB

Attacking RB

Another WInger

Number 10

X

What's interesting is I think most of us agree where we need new talent. I fear big H will be the subject of a big bid too over the summer, so if he goes we need two centre backs, a right back, a winger, a ten, and possibly an attack minded midfielder in addition to Silva. So as many as six players. But if Riyad and H leave that's likely to bring in £100 million, and with a few sales of squad players likely too, we will have a 'war chest' (love that stupid phrase) of £120 million without even investing new money.

City to spend £120 million. Now what could possibly go wrong...........?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Unfortunately players have egos, if we did that we would piss off genuine talent.

Maguire spoke about joining us because Shakey showed how much we wanted him, Vardy with Pearson and countless the examples.

I think Pearson made a big deal of only signing players with the right mentality?  He mentioned it often in interviews?  maybe "interview" was the wrong word but certainly sound out a players mental attributes as one would their physical.  

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think Pearson made a big deal of only signing players with the right mentality?  He mentioned it often in interviews?  maybe "interview" was the wrong word but certainly sound out a players mental attributes as one would their physical.  

He did but he didn’t interview the players from what I know. That was down to research before approaching them, I may be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

He did but he didn’t interview the players from what I know. That was down to research before approaching them, I may be wrong.

Which was pretty much what I was attempting to say but maybe worded it wrong.  As you pointed out, we had decent conversations with players such as Maguire and Vardy before signing them.  X

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

here's a question... what would people think about jack wilshere joining us? 

If the fee was nominal I would take him.  Clearly has the class but obviously the injury concerns are a worry.  I wouldn't jump to sign him but if he came up at the right price/wages it would seem silly not to have a look.

On 14/04/2018 at 23:55, RumbleFox said:

In terms of "maybe not the most inspiring but realistic" options.....

Pope

Pereira  Maguie  Keane  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Zaha         Gray/Albrighton/Diabate

Maddison

Vardy

Keane is sh*te and Zaha would never come here.

This is what I'm thinking, perfectly realistic too.

Kasper

Pereira          Evans        Maguire     Chilwell

Silva             Ndidi

Shaqiri            Hazard            Gray

Vardy