Jump to content
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

Recommended Posts

Mahrez replacement - buy two under 25 players with very high creativity levels 

 

Europe  - Jahanbakhsh, Elyounoussi, Nakajima/Paulinho (Portimonese), Oyarzabal

Championship - Maddison or Ollie Watkins

 

RB - Jonny Castro, especially as he’s so versatile being able to play LB also. We’ve had links with Ricardo Pereira who has been doing brilliantly for Porto and would be a significant upgrade on Simpson.

 

Wouldn’t say no to Rondon at his RC of £16.5m. He’s unselfish and a worker,  could play with Vardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I’ve changed my mind. Denise Milani. 

Yeah, we could go 2 up top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragovic - with Morgan on the decline he’s the perfect partner for Maguire.

 

Jonas Héctor from Koln - All likelihood Fuchs leaves for MLS so experience needed to challenge Chilwell for starting spot.

 

Mario Gaspar - we need a better footballer at right back and Gaspar is definitely that. Also a good defender that has often operated at CB for Villarreal.

 

Fellaini - wages would probably prove to be too much but him and Ndidi would make a powerful duo allowing for a more creative midfielder to support Vardy in the number 10 position.

 

Luan - Gremio - how this guy isn’t plying his trade in one of Europe’s top leagues I’ll never know. He’s tricky, pacy and is a lovely finisher. Would love to see him behind Vardy. 

 

My ideal lineup for for next year including bench.

 

Kasper

 

Gaspar

Dragovic

Maguire (c)

Hector

 

Ndidi

Fellaini

 

Mahrez (Gray if he’s gone)

Luan

Albrighton

 

Vardy

 

Subs:

Hamer

Chilwell

Morgan

Gray

Silva

 

Iborra

Iheanacho

 

Wholesale change isn’t necessary. One or two upgrades and we’re close to having a cracking side. Some may spot I have one or two noticeable absentees (Okazaki, Slimani, Simpson and King) and I feel for SOME, time is up. Slimani and King’s days at LCFC are obviously numbered but for me, the likes of Shinji and Simpson haven’t done enough this season to warrant a place in the squad next season. Shinji works hard but that’s about it and goes huge runs without scoring leaving huge pressure on Vardy.

 

Plenty of players will have their head on the chopping block this summer and I feel a real change of guard is in the offing. Fingers crossed for some high quality because another transfer window like the last couple isn’t acceptable. 

Edited by eddylcfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The absolute priority is to get the back line sorted.  We need two new full backs and a quality centre back.  You build from the back - it gives a solid foundation.  We absolutely must have a creative player in midfield as Mahrez will likely be gone.  Other than that I really don't think we need too many players.  We've wasted so much money it is better to cut our losses on players instead of having a bloated squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Mahrez replacement - buy two under 25 players with very high creativity levels 

 

Europe  - Jahanbakhsh, Elyounoussi, Nakajima/Paulinho (Portimonese), Oyarzabal

Championship - Maddison or Ollie Watkins

 

RB - Jonny Castro, especially as he’s so versatile being able to play LB also. We’ve had links with Ricardo Pereira who has been doing brilliantly for Porto and would be a significant upgrade on Simpson.

 

Wouldn’t say no to Rondon at his RC of £16.5m. He’s unselfish and a worker,  could play with Vardy.

Why the **** would Mahrez (one of the worlds best wingers) be replaced by utter guff?

 

Ollie Watkins ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why the **** would Mahrez (one of the worlds best wingers) be replaced by utter guff?

 

Ollie Watkins ffs.

Really? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oldbluefox said:

Really? 

I'd put him in the top 20 wingers in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Why the **** would Mahrez (one of the worlds best wingers) be replaced by utter guff?

 

Ollie Watkins ffs.

if you think this club will have a ready replacement of the quality of Mahrez you're deluded. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Domsdad said:

Yeah, we could go 2 up top

I was thinking more topless with runners from deep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

if you think this club will have a ready replacement of the quality of Mahrez you're deluded. 

I don't.

 

I just know for damn sure that none of those players are even close to the level of quality we'll be looking at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't.

 

I just know for damn sure that none of those players are even close to the level of quality we'll be looking at.

 Incorrect we’ve been watching Elyounoussi for quite some time.

 

Who are your picks that would *realistically* come to Leicester as Mahrez replacements? Ideally I’d want Depay, Richarlison or Ziyech - sadly they’re not realistic anymore.

We’re not the draw we once were, we blew that chance in the 2016 summer window...

Edited by RoyFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can see a lot of players leaving: mahrez, slimani, musa, ulloa, huth, fuchs.

 

ins:

dragovic (and maybe lascalles) 

thorgan hazard

saint-maximin 

rondon

(maybe ward-prowse but I feel like he offers very little besides set pieces and crossing) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dusty said:

can see a lot of players leaving: mahrez, slimani, musa, ulloa, huth, fuchs.

 

ins:

dragovic (and maybe lascalles) 

thorgan hazard

saint-maximin 

rondon

(maybe ward-prowse but I feel like he offers very little besides set pieces and crossing) 

forgot about ricardo perieria too

4231

ks 

perieria drago maguire chilwell 

ndidi silva 

Gray/albrighton/ diabate   hazard 

Vardy

 

subs:

hamer 

morgan (lascalles)

Simpson

rondon 

iheanacho 

iborra 

(whenever winger didn’t start) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d have Shaqiri any day of the week. Seems like the perfect replacement for Mahrez for me. He’s acting up at the moment as he’s playing with a bunch of duffers for Stoke but stick him with far better players he’d create and score goals for fun with us. I just hope he’s on Puel’s (if he stays) radar. We’ll need another exciting, creative player when Riyad goes AND we could afford his fee and improved wages. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

What's Kerrea Gilbert up to these days?

He'd defo be a step-up from Simpson.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2018 at 12:56, eddylcfc said:

Dragovic - with Morgan on the decline he’s the perfect partner for Maguire.

 

Jonas Héctor from Koln - All likelihood Fuchs leaves for MLS so experience needed to challenge Chilwell for starting spot.

 

Mario Gaspar - we need a better footballer at right back and Gaspar is definitely that. Also a good defender that has often operated at CB for Villarreal.

 

Fellaini - wages would probably prove to be too much but him and Ndidi would make a powerful duo allowing for a more creative midfielder to support Vardy in the number 10 position.

 

Luan - Gremio - how this guy isn’t plying his trade in one of Europe’s top leagues I’ll never know. He’s tricky, pacy and is a lovely finisher. Would love to see him behind Vardy. 

 

My ideal lineup for for next year including bench.

 

Kasper

 

Gaspar

Dragovic

Maguire (c)

Hector

 

Ndidi

Fellaini

 

Mahrez (Gray if he’s gone)

Luan

Albrighton

 

Vardy

 

Subs:

Hamer

Chilwell

Morgan

Gray

Silva

 

Iborra

Iheanacho

 

Wholesale change isn’t necessary. One or two upgrades and we’re close to having a cracking side. Some may spot I have one or two noticeable absentees (Okazaki, Slimani, Simpson and King) and I feel for SOME, time is up. Slimani and King’s days at LCFC are obviously numbered but for me, the likes of Shinji and Simpson haven’t done enough this season to warrant a place in the squad next season. Shinji works hard but that’s about it and goes huge runs without scoring leaving huge pressure on Vardy.

 

Plenty of players will have their head on the chopping block this summer and I feel a real change of guard is in the offing. Fingers crossed for some high quality because another transfer window like the last couple isn’t acceptable. 

It think your most noticeable absentee is Diabate. More chance of him playing regularly next season over Gray. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Saxondale said:
  • Literally ANY rightback
  • Jonjo Shelvey
  • A big, powerful striker

To think we've desperately wanted a right back for a few seasons now and under Sven we had about 5 right backs. None of them were any good though. Michael Lamey, John Pantsil just to name a couple. We really did have some shit players and really makes me appreciate the players we have now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×