Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Negativity

I'm just not a fan of Puel, his mannerisms and the style he is putting forward just isn't what I'm enjoying. I'm not campaigning for him to get the sack but I'm not exactly thrilled with what's been put on show.

He was never my first choice and was sceptical when they appointed him, first few games I was a convert but he seems to have moved away from what was originally being served up... but that could be the players are already "on holiday".

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

No.

Comfortable safety as in comfortably safe...no danger of relegation.

Everyone has their own opinion....some chose to moan constantly some dont.

Ive lived through way too many bad times to get frustrated by a little run of boring football.

We are 8th in the premier league have a swathe of internationals and household names in our squad and are looking in good shape for the future.

Safe from relegation we are, still frustrating to see what we‘ve strived for in the past five months apart from that - next to nothing.

As for the (immediate) future and being „in good shape“, we‘ll have to wait and see. Financially, we are bedded on roses, with a few talented youngsters on our books (Maguire, Ndidi, Chilwell, Diabaté, Gray) plus Vardy, Schmeichel, Albrighton. However, even if Puel is given the summer, there‘s going to be a huge July/August ahead, with many older/more established players likely to leave, which implies having to start from scratch again.

2 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

No.

Comfortable safety as in comfortably safe...no danger of relegation.

Everyone has their own opinion....some chose to moan constantly some dont.

Ive lived through way too many bad times to get frustrated by a little run of boring football.

We are 8th in the premier league have a swathe of internationals and household names in our squad and are looking in good shape for the future.

What worries me tho. Is that he's living off early results and our recent for is relegation form.

And that is a little bit to reminiscent of the way we finished the season under tatter peeler and we all know how that ended.

Edited by Bayfox

59 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Safe from relegation we are, still frustrating to see what we‘ve strived for in the past five months apart from that - next to nothing.

As for the (immediate) future and being „in good shape“, we‘ll have to wait and see. Financially, we are bedded on roses, with a few talented youngsters on our books (Maguire, Ndidi, Chilwell, Diabaté, Gray) plus Vardy, Schmeichel, Albrighton. However, even if Puel is given the summer, there‘s going to be a huge July/August ahead, with many older/more established players likely to leave, which implies having to start from scratch again.

Therefore, surely better to stick rather than twist. At the very least, Puel will be in the best position to judge what changes need to be made.

A completely new manager on the otherhand.........

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

There is a club down the road who chase egg shaped balls about if you dont like what you see at the KP.

****sake, this is the epitomy of what is wrong with modern football....everything has to happen over night.

Puel inherited a team that was not assembled to play the way he wants so it needs time....and he still managed to take us from relegation candidates to comfirtable safety...but thsts still not good enough apparently.

You could argue that's what Puel has tried to do.

Implement his style instantly, instead of progressing, building it up, slowly transforming to his style, it's clear these players can't play to his style and as people keep saying he's not had opportunity to bring players in who would suit his style, now I understand he needs to see who can and can't play in his style but to constantly continue with it? When it's blatantly not working? Really?

Work with what you've got, get the best out of what you've got.

This same style was berated at Southampton, it was argued he didn't have the attacking players there, he doesn't have that excuse here.

To me it seems he can only implement this style, he can't do it any other way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

It’s called the Sunderland syndrome......sack manager who signed new players, then new manager wants new players, sign new players after selling last lot at greatly reduced price .Carry on repeating until you are in League 1.

How manymanagers did they get through? They all signed new players, they all left.Worst case scenario for sure.

Are we really judging a Manager on 17 matches, particularly when Mahrez walked out in the middle of a decent run? Interestingly nobody points a finger in his direction......

So very true Sir.  

11 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

It’s called the Sunderland syndrome......sack manager who signed new players, then new manager wants new players, sign new players after selling last lot at greatly reduced price .Carry on repeating until you are in League 1.

How manymanagers did they get through? They all signed new players, they all left.Worst case scenario for sure.

Are we really judging a Manager on 17 matches, particularly when Mahrez walked out in the middle of a decent run? Interestingly nobody points a finger in his direction......

Interestingly enough, that isn't true.

On a sidenote, to compare our situation with that of Sunderland's, who have been yo-yo-ing between the top two divisions not so long ago and constantly tended to flirt with relegation for the last ten years (with maybe two exceptions), needs quite the imagination. They failed to fill their stadium on a regular basis, and still have an inane sense of "delusions of grandeur", living off past successes some 80 years ago.

Nothing can tell you at the moment whether a change of manager works or not. What we do know right now is that results and performances in the past few months have been rather poor, and that with a squad one could say is superior to Sunderland's in many aspects. Puel is treading on dangerous ground, with a recent record similar to that which got Shakespeare the sack at the start of this season.

12 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

All clubs sack managers and all managers sign new players - just because Sunderland have ended up in League One doesn't make it some kind of inevitable prospect.

The average tenure of current managers in the Premier League is 1,013 days - massively boosted by Arsene Wenger. If you take him out, that number drops to 651 days, and outside of the top 6 that number drops even further to 571 days. Managers just don't last that long these days, and there's nothing to really suggest that sacking a manager guarantees relegation, as so many clubs do it and survive or even thrive.

The reaction by some fans is that of a crisis which imo is a massive overreaction. Yes the past few months have been dour at times but there’s a fair few clubs that would swap their situation with ours in a heartbeat. 

Puel either bravely or stupidly has tried to implement a playing style that is a drastic change to what we’ve been used to and some players haven’t been able to adapt. If he can recruit the personnel to play his style then I feel he can be fairly judged but until then we should be patient

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Interestingly enough, that isn't true.

On a sidenote, to compare our situation with that of Sunderland's, who have been yo-yo-ing between the top two divisions not so long ago and constantly tended to flirt with relegation for the last ten years (with maybe two exceptions), needs quite the imagination. They failed to fill their stadium on a regular basis, and still have an inane sense of "delusions of grandeur", living off past successes some 80 years ago.

Nothing can tell you at the moment whether a change of manager works or not. What we do know right now is that results and performances in the past few months have been rather poor, and that with a squad one could say is superior to Sunderland's in many aspects. Puel is treading on dangerous ground, with a recent record similar to that which got Shakespeare the sack at the start of this season.

They got relegated, we are 9th........isn't that reflective of squad strength?

Some people seem to assume that if we don't sack managers we're bound to be successful, that if we give Puel time to buy his own players they're bound to be better than the ones we've already got. None of that is certain.

I've seen enough to be certain that he'll be gone by Xmas, the choice is sack him at the end of the season and give a new man a pre season and a chance to buy his choice of players or appoint someone in October and write off another season.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Some people seem to assume that if we don't sack managers we're bound to be successful, that if we give Puel time to buy his own players they're bound to be better than the ones we've already got. None of that is certain.

I've seen enough to be certain that he'll be gone by Xmas, the choice is sack him at the end of the season and give a new man a pre season and a chance to buy his choice of players or appoint someone in October and write off another season.

It is not certain agreed but I've just looked at the 14 Premier League managers/clubs outside of the top six. 

I'd say five have kept their jobs despite periods of poor form - these include Burnley, Newcastle and Bournemouth (Huddersfield/Brighton's managers had 'failure' in their Championship seasons). You'd say in general their managers have performed well. 

I look at clubs who have a track record of constantly sacking their manager - Palace, West Ham, Swansea and Southampton. All four appear in a constant cycle of poor performance with no programme. Watford whilst in the same cycle are pretty much - equal to where they were. 

Everton, Stoke and West Brom all replaced managers in the past few months with minimal success. It's harsh to say they are serial sackers as the clubs gave their previous managers good spells to progress. It does prove that a new manager didn't arrest the slide (Moore at WBA excepted I'd say - Pardew made it worse). 

For once I'd ask Leicester to not be one of the serial sackers and give stability an opportunity. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox