Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

50 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Well, used to have the square root of f' all respect for 'Woy Boy' before. I've even bloody less now!

"Zaha doesn't dive" sez his lordship !! ….REALLY !!!!!lollollollollol.

so you expect our manager to say Vardy is a diving fvcker? And every other football manager tells the truth. You really could count the times a prem manager has told the truth about his own players.

The biggest joke on your post is your comments.

Harry the Hornet was doing his comedy act, "diving" in the area before the match in November 2013 trying to get us riled after the play-off game. Just made Knocky thumping one in their top corner even better :knockyhat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When managers are whining about mascots doing traditional mascot duties then they should just retire.

There was a time when they just got on with their job rather than talking shit all fvcking week and then producing mind-numbingly boring football at the weekend. Hodgson, Mourinho, they all just need to fvck off because nobody is interested in them as people.

52 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

What do you mean? They gave us Ranieri. ?

Yeah mate, but their roads and sanitation now are fuching atrocious. You should see their main sports venue as well, never pass a Premier League safety inspection. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have a feeling Burnley may actually be battling the drop this season.

Even tho it’s early in the season I think they could struggle to. I think if they lose to Fulham this weekend it will smash their confidence. Losing in Europe would be more of a help to them than going through another round 

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

When managers are whining about mascots doing traditional mascot duties then they should just retire.

There was a time when they just got on with their job rather than talking shit all fvcking week and then producing mind-numbingly boring football at the weekend. Hodgson, Mourinho, they all just need to fvck off because nobody is interested in them as people.

I presume he was asked about it and then just went on a long rant about how Zaha gets unfairly tagged with the diving reputation?

Edited by Super_horns

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

Even tho it’s early in the season I think they could struggle to. I think if they lose to Fulham this weekend it will smash their confidence. Losing in Europe would be more of a help to them than going through another round 

Outplayed Southampton - should have had game wrapped up by half-time. Shocking second half against Watford but ask Hornets fans....most would admit Burnley were the better side in the first 45 minutes. Could easily have 3-6 points so far instead of 1 if chances taken.

Personally, I hope we exit Europe next next Thursday, but have a strange feeling Dyche will have us extra fired up after the Greeks' skullduggery.

Edited by lancyclaret

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

lol That's pathetic

Why play 6 group games?....straight knock-out I'd be OK with.

Why should our PL rivals be fresh and play us 3 days after trips to Athens, Istanbul etc?

Southampton were second best even though we were tired after Turkey...Watford just about made their freshness tell.

Edited by lancyclaret

1 minute ago, lancyclaret said:

Why play 6 group games?....straight knock-out I'd be OK with.

Because you've not played in Europe for over 50 years? Away trips all over Europe? The chance at silverware? 

2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Silverware? Oh come on:) Even Leicester would not win the EL:)

You finished 7th in the league with a style conducive to tournament success. We got into the quarters of the Champions league and Fulham made it to the Europa league final, enjoy the ride as it's much more interesting than just trying to staying up. 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Silverware? Oh come on:) Even Leicester would not win the EL:)

If it's sarcasm hiding behind your little smirks fair enough, but if not at least we'd take it seriously.

How many times in our lifetime do you think you'll see Burnley in the Europa League? Gotta be 2/3 being generous. Look at the team you play against on Sunday, similar stature to Burnley the seasom they made it to a Europa Final and they stayed in the League just fine that year. There's a chance for something  remarkable on a rare chance and you don't seem arsed at all, potential trips all over Europe for the rest of the year, see Burnley play at the San Siro but you'd rather ride the same caraselle for as long as the lights are on; in the que for Rita Queen of Speed and you're looking over at 13 thinking of having another go.

Even little Leicester gave it a proper go in '97 against Atletico and a bent ref, it was a special time ad we didn't qualify or the Group either, in our little half shed stadium

8 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Outplayed Southampton - should have had game wrapped up by half-time. Shocking second half against Watford but ask Hornets fans....most would admit Burnley were the better side in the first 45 minutes. Could easily have 3-6 points so far instead of 1 if chances taken.

Personally, I hope we exit Europe next next Thursday, but have a strange feeling Dyche will have us extra fired up after the Greeks' skullduggery.

What do you get in this game for being the better side?  Ask Wolves fans about last weekend. 

It means fuch all. Spuds with 110% possession - trophies recently, fuch all. 

Dont be the better side, be the winning side. 

We were better than Man Utd at Mold Trafford. What did we get.......?

8 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Shocking second half against Watford but ask Hornets fans....most would admit Burnley were the better side in the first 45 minutes. Could easily have 3-6 points so far instead of 1 if chances taken.

Yes that is a fair point but we killed the game with 2 quick 2nd half goals.

Mind you still half expected you guys to come back!

FFS Burnley fans right off the Europa league as not worth it lol lol lol you won't win the prem so why not give up on that. FS modern fans are a fecking joke.

I really do hope they go down now. Will serve them fecking right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

FFS Burnley fans right off the Europa league as not worth it lol lol lol you won't win the prem so why not give up on that. FS modern fans are a fecking joke.

I really do hope they go down now. Will serve them fecking right.

It is truly bizarre. Surely the point of following your team is for the different shared experiences that come with it and the opportunity to win things. If presented with a rare opportunity to experience European football then you should embrace it, savour every moment and pray it lasts as long as possible.

This obsession that surviving in the Premier League is the only thing that matters, even if it means watching dire football for years on end is sickening.  

Rather than being a passion, following your team seems to have become a mere fashion accessory and status symbol for an ever increasing number of 'customers' (not fans). This glory supporting (in loose terms) used to be only linked to the big clubs but now seems to pervade every club that happens to be in the Premier League.

God I feel old and out of touch with the game these days....

• Like 3