Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Well you should read the guff my Leeds mate was texting earlier.

tbf leeds are going to run man city close as the best side in the land this season

35 minutes ago, Guest said:

Really impressed by McArthur for Palace. Wonder how differently (or not) things would have gone had we not pulled out of the deal for him and got Cambiasso instead

Pearson probably wouldn't have strangled him.

9 hours ago, Koke said:

I usually listen to the usual podcasts on Monday/Tuesday mornings on the way to work. Some of them are good but a bit too over emphasised on the big clubs. I understand that since that generates more listeners than taking about mid to lower table clubs, but a bit of balance wouldn't go amiss.

Sunday Supplemented spent a good 20-25 mins talking about the Man City documentary and the Mourinho comments regarding it. Neither clubs btw had even played yet. It's like that with most podcasts on most weeks.

I don't even ask for City to be more a topic but anything other than a weekly update on Pogba/Klopp/Jose/Man City would be nice.

It is incredibly boring. I'm probably just naturally resentful of a lot of these clubs purely due to how things like that have become a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy but I'd genuinely rather hear about say, Watford or Bournemouth, than Mourinho's latest comments. The big six are obviously going to be the most dominant in these situations but they create rhetoric as an excuse to talk about this lot and it makes for a really boring listen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Liverpool are the only challengers to Man City this season. Chelsea look half decent but don’t think they’ll have the consistency of these two. Salah, Mane and Firmino is an outrageous front three

Chelsea and Arsenal’s defences need some attention !!

we will have a better idea of the top 4/6 heading into the int break 

Mino Raiola's comments about Paul Scholes are a bit like if Usain Bolt said I wasn't a very good sprinter and I had my dad respond by saying Usain wouldn't recognise a gold medal or a world record if he fell over one. 

What a plonker. 

bloody ironic how Palace fans etc are moaning about that penalty to Liverpool last night, imo it was a penalty as you can see Sakho right foot sort of trip Salah,

Palace have got a shed load of penalties the last few years from Zaha falling over in the box, its like the pot calling the kettle with them

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Mino Raiola's comments about Paul Scholes are a bit like if Usain Bolt said I wasn't a very good sprinter and I had my dad respond by saying Usain wouldn't recognise a gold medal or a world record if he fell over one. 

What a plonker. 

Its as if his agent is trying to worsen relations to the point Utd want to sell Pogba, giving a lower price deal for those interested and more in his back pocket :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

bloody ironic how Palace fans etc are moaning about that penalty to Liverpool last night, imo it was a penalty as you can see Sakho right foot sort of trip Salah,

Palace have got a shed load of penalties the last few years from Zaha falling over in the box, its like the pot calling the kettle with them

Yeah it is really is gotta admit I was a bit dubious about it when I seen it in live play but when they shown the replays it’s clear it’s a trip and a bloody good spot by the ref which is not said often 

Edited by jammie82uk

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What a plonker. 

Mino Raiola accuses people of making comments to stay relevant. This is where any ill feeling I had towards him vanishes and I instead respect them. I mean there's just no possible way he's serious.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

No football agent will ever be relevant or have my respect. 

The most disgustingly unnecessary profession on the planet, they are absolute ****ing parasites. 

There are plenty that are fine.

I wouldn't call them unnecessary whatsoever.

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No football agent will ever be relevant or have my respect. 

The most disgustingly unnecessary profession on the planet, they are absolute ****ing parasites. 

Along with Divorce Lawyers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is incredibly boring. I'm probably just naturally resentful of a lot of these clubs purely due to how things like that have become a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy but I'd genuinely rather hear about say, Watford or Bournemouth, than Mourinho's latest comments. The big six are obviously going to be the most dominant in these situations but they create rhetoric as an excuse to talk about this lot and it makes for a really boring listen.

I've just decided to switch off the radio if there is continual top six club chat. It is different people saying the same thing.

Yet TalkSport were discussing QPR, the Championship and boardroom stuff last night and I stuck with it and found it interesting. Just hope I can find more varied content at some point.

• Like 3

This is about Arsenal, so why am I posting it here? Well the deeper sub context is around being stubborn in trying to get a footballing style and philosophy to stick, and the other is to adapt and make the best of what you have in your squad. I think it's relevant to us because I think we all know what route our manager is taking, and our own fans opinion is highly split on the subject.

Rather taking one side or the other, I think it's genuinely an interesting discussion and fascinating to hear points for and against it.