Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Annoyingly, have to agree with Zaha. Some of the challenges seen throwing in on some people that don't get the red cards they deserve is ridiculous. 

I agree there were some bad tackle that went unpunished, I don't agree he's getting treated differently to other players though, and if he is it might be because he dives at almost any opportunity. He scored a great goal yesterday, he should do that more and shut people up rather than throwing himself to the ground at the slightest touch.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I agree there were some bad tackle that went unpunished, I don't agree he's getting treated differently to other players though, and if he is it might be because he dives at almost any opportunity. He scored a great goal yesterday, he should do that more and shut people up rather than throwing himself to the ground at the slightest touch.

The consistency with referee decisions is the most frustrating thing, no one knows the 'line of what is a red or just a yellow. Think an issue for him is how he's now got a name for diving its hard to completely lose that.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The consistency with referee decisions is the most frustrating thing, no one knows the 'line of what is a red or just a yellow. Think an issue for him is how he's now got a name for diving its hard to completely lose that.

You're right about the consistency. I know each referee is different, but there are clear tackles that should be reds that aren't even down to interpretation and they are being given as yellows. Zaha was actually right about the tackle he was on the end of against Watford two weeks ago. Can't remember which Watford player it was but he clearly scrapes his studs down Zaha's achilles with no attempt for the ball, it's a clear red, no question, the ref is looking right at it and gives a yellow. That's either poor refereeing or he's chickened out of it. Either way it's poor. Gosling on Vardy should have been a red too, from behind, no attempt on the ball because it was long gone. Again, that's not down to interpretation it's just weak refereeing.

As for his diving, well just stop. Try his hardest to stay on his feet and eventually he'll lose that tag. It doesn't help when him and his manager spent the whole build up to the Watford match bitching about the mascot taking the piss out of his diving. He's actually been ok this season so far and that just brought it to the fore again. Just shut up and get on with it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You're right about the consistency. I know each referee is different, but there are clear tackles that should be reds that aren't even down to interpretation and they are being given as yellows. Zaha was actually right about the tackle he was on the end of against Watford two weeks ago. Can't remember which Watford player it was but he clearly scrapes his studs down Zaha's achilles with no attempt for the ball, it's a clear red, no question, the ref is looking right at it and gives a yellow. That's either poor refereeing or he's chickened out of it. Either way it's poor. Gosling on Vardy should have been a red too, from behind, no attempt on the ball because it was long gone. Again, that's not down to interpretation it's just weak refereeing.

As for his diving, well just stop. Try his hardest to stay on his feet and eventually he'll lose that tag. It doesn't help when him and his manager spent the whole build up to the Watford match bitching about the mascot taking the piss out of his diving. He's actually been ok this season so far and that just brought it to the fore again. Just shut up and get on with it.

Both great points there which I agree with. Refs bottle or miss a lot of the big calls, maybe fearing the repercussions? 

Zaha just needs to get in with his football and almost tell Woy to shut up. If he doesn't dive, the reputation will go

• Like 1

Just now, Paddy. said:

Scores a goal and then is directly responsible for two of the goals conceded. That penalty he gave away for attempting a tackle with his wrong foot - classic Bamba lol

Absolutely hilarious - player going away from goal and he just takes him out getting nowhere near the ball and then starts complaining at the referee. 

11 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Got to say that Bournemouth peno is really really soft 

home banker if ever I have seen one

Wes Morgan second yellow pathetic aswell

Bournemouth had some jammy luck today

Yeah it was soft but they should of had another penalty from ricardo

Just now, gurru991 said:

Why did Burnley buy Hart & why does he start every week ?

What's wrong with Heaton & Pope ?

Pope dislocated his shoulder in Europe qualifiers and think Heaton us still working his way back (he is on the bench). So they signed Hart in the summer 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Pope dislocated his shoulder in Europe qualifiers and think Heaton us still working his way back (he is on the bench). So they signed Hart in the summer 

I didn't know that Pope was injured. I guess one will have to go in January if all three are healthy. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If Heatons on the bench he must be fine, meaning Hart was a pointless signing.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If Heatons on the bench he must be fine, meaning Hart was a pointless signing.

At the time, they had Linggard (ex Utd keeper) as their only fit keeper. Hart was a 3.5million (edited) signing and as a hugely experienced keeper, it's a great bit of business.

Edited by UniFox21