Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

They have! If they weren't Spurs fans I'd feel sorry for them. Their manager has done an incredible job for them, but they've literally copied Arsenal's mistakes pound for pound. Moved to an expensive stadium they can't afford, so they don't invest in their playing squad, which means they won't win trophies of note. Which means in a few seasons time all their best players will get the hump and leave. Replace Henry, Viera, Farbregas with Eriksen, Vertongen, Kane etc. Even Kane being a local boy may after a season or two realise that Madrid is the location to go to in order to win things.

I agree and to be honest, they've actually done so well to complete with the bigger teams in recent seasons that I cant believe they dropped the ball so much on strengthening the squad.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I agree and to be honest, they've actually done so well to complete with the bigger teams in recent seasons that I cant believe they dropped the ball so much on strengthening the squad.

They’re in a weird position though because they can’t really improve their first 11 but they aren't good enough to win the league. They should have bought a CM though 

Spurs are a weird one because obviously it's good to have a settled side but it's got to get stale after a certain point. By my reckoning they've not signed a nailed-on starter since 15/16, though I guess Lucas and Sanchez might get there. 

Pochettino is surely going to draw the line somewhere. He was pretty clear at the end of last season that he had big plans he wanted to work on with Levy, so to see no incomings at all had to be galling. Falling short against Liverpool today, who've done the opposite in spending big and fully backing Klopp's vision, must have been doubly frustrating.

If Man U had conceded those goals they’d be getting slaughtered by the commentators.

Keown’s using phrases like ‘great composure’ and ‘pinpoint delivery’. One’s a hopeful cross that’s been bundled in off someone’s chest, the other’s a lofted corner won by some lummox and put in from 6 yards. And Watford have just watched them do it. Terrible defending, nothing to do with quality.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Got to laugh at the two Watford strikers, one's a criminal, one's a hate preacher.

Gray got into trouble with the police in the USA over the summer!!

No wonder teams "fear" them...

Even the reserve striker Success has been in the national papers before for having some sort of unsolicited relationship..

Was a decent performance from us but we've never been good at defending from set plays - and as 9 of the Man U team is over 6ft it cost us.

Edited by Super_horns

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

My word de Gea is fvcking brilliant.  X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

My word de Gea is fvcking brilliant.  X

Remember his 1st 2 seasons,and how he got lambasted.....I reckon those fans joined the foxes forum..:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1