Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Schmeichel injury

Its funny because we were always well known for having fantastic keepers.  Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Keller, Flowers to name but a few.  Kasper of course is a great shot stopper but unlike his father he doesn't command his box, come for crosses and of late his kicking has to be one of his worst attributes because it is bloody woeful.  I admire Schmeichel for what he has achieved with us but if Stoke go down maybe a cheeky bid for Jack Butland in the Summer?

10 hours ago, Bert said:

It's ridiculous. These people that feel the need to want something different just to be different really annoys me. We'll do well to replace him when he goes, anyone have any better suggestions? 

I understand he isn’t flawless and has dropped a few howlers recently and I want someone here who can push him but the disrespect for some of our players is out of order.

• Like 3

Kasper is not a bad keeper by any stretch of the imagination. We could still have the likes of Chris Weale/Logan/Ricardo. That being said we do need a backup keeper that will actually challenge for a number 1 shirt as opposed to a couple of keepers seemingly content getting splinters on the bench

10 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Kasper- played hundreds over games for us over a 6 year period while we get promoted, stay up, win the league, get to the champions league quarter finals= Shit.

Jakupovic- Kept a clean sheet V Fleetwood thanks to a post= play him.

Foxestalk.

There's also the other side of Foxes talk though that's just far too immature to accept any criticism of favourite players regardless of how bollocks their form is. They take it personally, get defensive, throw their toys out of the pram and accuse their supposed opposition as haters. 

Pearson, Ranieri, Vardy, Nugent, Wellens, Kasper, Morgan, Fryatt, Oakley, King, we've had identical arguments about all of them. 

All because huge swathes of this forum are incapable of rationally standing in the middle and saying "you know what, Kasper is great but he's been in poor form this year" or "Danny Simpson has been a great defensive option for us and gives us some security but it's an area of the squad we could improve." 

I mean that's not everyone, there's some sensible voices on here, I'm not claiming to be the only voice of reason, I'm arrogant but even I've got limits. But there's also a lot of divs here. 

Kasper IS great but he also HAS had an unusually high number of shit games this year and could definitely do with more competition. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's also the other side of Foxes talk though that's just far too immature to accept any criticism of favourite players regardless of how bollocks their form is. They take it personally, get defensive, throw their toys out of the pram and accuse their supposed opposition as haters. 

Pearson, Ranieri, Vardy, Nugent, Wellens, Kasper, Morgan, Fryatt, Oakley, King, we've had identical arguments about all of them. 

All because huge swathes of this forum are incapable of rationally standing in the middle and saying "you know what, Kasper is great but he's been in poor form this year" or "Danny Simpson has been a great defensive option for us and gives us some security but it's an area of the squad we could improve." 

I mean that's not everyone, there's some sensible voices on here, I'm not claiming to be the only voice of reason, I'm arrogant but even I've got limits. But there's also a lot of divs here. 

Kasper IS great but he also HAS had an unusually high number of shit games this year and could definitely do with more competition. 

Yep spot on, no middle ground.

No bad thing if Schmeichel misses the next few games IMO, we bought Jakupovic as a back up and he should play...Hamer is out of contract and wont be kept in the summer so no point playing him.

As for Schmeichel he has been poor all season, he makes decent saves and does the spectacular stuff really well, but his basic goal keeping has been poor all season, people keep banging on about his previous form (brilliant for 3-4 seasons) but his current form is absolutely terrible.

His distribution is awful, he constantly concedes possession by kicking straight into touch, and his distribution from the back is amongst the worst in the league

He is poor at commanding his box, he constantly causes confusion and doubt for the defence with his inability to command his area...11 set piece goals (I think) this season, look no further than him to apportion blame as he is ALWAYS rooted to his line at corners and free kicks...Saturday was a further example for the second goal, rooted to his line, and don't tell me about Simpson/others not jumping, they're expecting the keeper to come, which Kasper didn't...again.

In general play he has cost us so many times this season with poor play/communication...he was in no mans land v Newcastle when Morgan let the ball bounce and shouldn't have been, and the Chelsea ET winner was purely his fault, coming for a ball he was never getting...and he didn't take responsibility for it, and is always quick to lay in to others when they are at fault...he has no competition for his place (not his fault) and his form has dropped consistently all season.

So, put Jakupovic in and let him play the next 4-5 games...he is not a permanent Number 1 in my opinion but is better than a badly out of form/possibly injured Schmeichel.

As for the Summer there are 2 or 3 good goalkeeping options to pursue...Butland will be available if Stoke go down and so will Foster from WBA, possibly Forster from Southampton (don't rate him but some do), alternatively Heaton will be available from Burnley as he wont want to be 2nd to Pope and if we want to show some intent go for Romero at Man Utd, surely he would prefer first team football to sitting on the bench every week...all better options than Schmeichel based on his CURRENT form!

Great servant, time to move on, we could still get a decent fee for him and upgrade ourselves at the same time

1 hour ago, Leicester69 said:

No bad thing if Schmeichel misses the next few games IMO, we bought Jakupovic as a back up and he should play...Hamer is out of contract and wont be kept in the summer so no point playing him.

As for Schmeichel he has been poor all season, he makes decent saves and does the spectacular stuff really well, but his basic goal keeping has been poor all season, people keep banging on about his previous form (brilliant for 3-4 seasons) but his current form is absolutely terrible.

His distribution is awful, he constantly concedes possession by kicking straight into touch, and his distribution from the back is amongst the worst in the league

He is poor at commanding his box, he constantly causes confusion and doubt for the defence with his inability to command his area...11 set piece goals (I think) this season, look no further than him to apportion blame as he is ALWAYS rooted to his line at corners and free kicks...Saturday was a further example for the second goal, rooted to his line, and don't tell me about Simpson/others not jumping, they're expecting the keeper to come, which Kasper didn't...again.

In general play he has cost us so many times this season with poor play/communication...he was in no mans land v Newcastle when Morgan let the ball bounce and shouldn't have been, and the Chelsea ET winner was purely his fault, coming for a ball he was never getting...and he didn't take responsibility for it, and is always quick to lay in to others when they are at fault...he has no competition for his place (not his fault) and his form has dropped consistently all season.

So, put Jakupovic in and let him play the next 4-5 games...he is not a permanent Number 1 in my opinion but is better than a badly out of form/possibly injured Schmeichel.

As for the Summer there are 2 or 3 good goalkeeping options to pursue...Butland will be available if Stoke go down and so will Foster from WBA, possibly Forster from Southampton (don't rate him but some do), alternatively Heaton will be available from Burnley as he wont want to be 2nd to Pope and if we want to show some intent go for Romero at Man Utd, surely he would prefer first team football to sitting on the bench every week...all better options than Schmeichel based on his CURRENT form!

Great servant, time to move on, we could still get a decent fee for him and upgrade ourselves at the same time

Heaton? £30 million and he is yours.

1 hour ago, FoxSinceBirth said:

Kasper is not a bad keeper by any stretch of the imagination. We could still have the likes of Chris Weale/Logan/Ricardo. That being said we do need a backup keeper that will actually challenge for a number 1 shirt as opposed to a couple of keepers seemingly content getting splinters on the bench

Erm why could we have the likes of them keepers, are you stuck in a post administration time warp.

Is De Vries still playing up front, have we not won the league and played in the Champions league.

Do we have players on over 100k??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Good - we don't need the money anyway. We have many pound notes now.:)

You could get Joe Hart for a bargain-bucket price.

Only kept 10 clean sheets Kasper has 8 granted but I wouldn't pay that amount maybe Liverpool will.

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Erm why could we have the likes of them keepers, are you stuck in a post administration time warp.

Is De Vries still playing up front, have we not won the league and played in the Champions league.

Do we have players on over 100k??

Clearly.... I'm simply implying that some people should be careful what we wish for....

I'd be looking at a new goalkeeper in the summer anyway to provide competiton, or better actually take Kasper's number one spot.

But for thursday I'm not bothered either Hamer or Jakupovic.

36 minutes ago, brucey said:

Hamer please. Jakupovic may be better but he has zero confidence at the moment, and I don't trust him to not make any clangers like this one a few days ago. https://streamable.com/73a3p

Holy shit that's something straight out of fifa when you bring your keeper out and he misses the ball lol 

6 hours ago, FIF said:

someone who can see over an attacker, take control of his area and kick to a player in blue.

Kasper is a fine goalkeeper but far from irreplaceable. I'm hoping for someone a few inches taller and more commanding for next season.

However as long as we move on from Wes and Simmo in defence I can accept Kasper for another season.

How has that young black chelsea reserve keeper who went out and loan and played well against us got on the rest of the season. He looked like he could be a good 'un. It would be nice to go for a young talent perhaps Mattia Perrin or Geronimo Rulli are worth looking at.

I think we need someone proven at this level, especially as a goalkeeper or someone proven in another top flight league. 

If we are to sign a new keeper (I'm happy with Kasper) I would love us to sign Butlabd should Stoke go down, but I fear that he will be on his way to Liverpool or Arsenal.