Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Schmeichel injury

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Only kept 10 clean sheets Kasper has 8 granted but I wouldn't pay that amount maybe Liverpool will.

Pope would have several more clean sheets but Dyche has had to "chop and change"  his back four all season because of injuries, suspension etc.

He has conceded 25 in 30 games but, without the injuries, this would have been about 20 conceded.

Edited by lancyclaret

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I think we need someone proven at this level, especially as a goalkeeper or someone proven in another top flight league. 

If we are to sign a new keeper (I'm happy with Kasper) I would love us to sign Butlabd should Stoke go down, but I fear that he will be on his way to Liverpool or Arsenal. 

Remember Zieler. He was proven. He wanted to challenge for #1 and look how that ended.

There is a reason why backup keepers tend to be Conrad Logans, Ben Hamers, and Mark Schwarzers.

A keeper that challenges the #1 is one of the worst theories in Football. Why is it practical buy, pay wages to, and bench a keeper that be nailed on #1 at other clubs in this league? And want keeper wants to do that? I don't understand why multiple people write "we need a keeper to challenge the #1" every time the backup keeper comes up when it's shown to be empirically impractical.

Teams that play in Europe have extra games to offer backups. We don't have that luxury making it even harder for us to have a decent backup.

Nick Pope has a very similar career to Ben Hamer. Both Charlton #1s. Both left going to Premier League clubs knowing that the #1s would need to get injured to get a chance.

Butland isn't coming unless Kasper goes. Butland could be #1 at 10-15 clubs in this league. He's not coming here unless he's #1.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Remember Zieler. He was proven. He wanted to challenge for #1 and look how that ended.

There is a reason why backup keepers tend to be Conrad Logans, Ben Hamers, and Mark Schwarzers.

A keeper that challenges the #1 is one of the worst theories in Football. Why is it practical buy, pay wages to, and bench a keeper that be nailed on #1 at other clubs in this league? And want keeper wants to do that? I don't understand why multiple people write "we need a keeper to challenge the #1" every time the backup keeper comes up when it's shown to be empirically impractical.

Teams that play in Europe have extra games to offer backups. We don't have that luxury making it even harder for us to have a decent backup.

Nick Pope has a very similar career to Ben Hamer. Both Charlton #1s. Both left going to Premier League clubs knowing that the #1s would need to get injured to get a chance.

Butland isn't coming unless Kasper goes. Butland could be #1 at 10-15 clubs in this league. He's not coming here unless he's #1.

Yes I know, but according to many experts on here it's time that Kasper was sent packing. 

Was RRZ proven? He'd had one good season in a struggling side. 

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yes I know, but according to many experts on here it's time that Kasper was sent packing. 

Was RRZ proven? He'd had one good season in a struggling side. 

207 Bundesliga matches proven. 26 in Europe.

Edited by NewEnglandFox

1 hour ago, Bert said:

What do you suggest then should Kasper not be number one next season? 

I'm fine with him leaving if he wants to. And if he stays our backup keeper situation will need to reflect it. I don't think it's realistic to make succession plans for keepers. I don't think we can buy a successor to sit on the bench and wait for Kasper to leave. I see #1 keepers and #2s waiting for opportunities. So usually #2s are looking to punch above their weight and I respect that and understand why those keepers choose that route instead of a #1 job a league or 2 below.

Kasper is 31 and won't be going to Europe next year with us. If he wants to go to Europe again he'll probably be looking for a move as he'll be at least 2 years older and even that's not a guarantee either. Kasper has a serious issue with preoccupying himself with the pest during corners and that costs us points and goals. He's not without his faults and is only getting older.

I'd sell Kasper to buy a wunderkind with the selling point that he can lead us to Europe. If we can buy Angus Gunn in the summer I'd sell Kasper faster than you can say Filbert Fox. If we ended up with Jamal Blackman (black keeper from Blades/Chelsea loannee) I wouldn't be too disappointed either.

Edited by NewEnglandFox

10 hours ago, Albert said:

He’s had a niggling ankle injury which has been managed with injections & a troublesome shoulder for a while now. 

With the World Cup approaching, I suspect it’s only fair to allow him to get these sorted with rest from competitive games. like drinky and huth last season once we had nothing to play for, he has maybe played his last game this campaign?  I guess he may want to play against spurs (maybe arsenal) to show he is fit for the WC. 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With the World Cup approaching, I suspect it’s only fair to allow him to get these sorted with rest from competitive games. like drinky and huth last season once we had nothing to play for, he has maybe played his last game this campaign?  I guess he may want to play against spurs (maybe arsenal) to show he is fit for the WC. 

The only thing is that each place higher up you finish in the league is worth £1.9m. So the difference from us finishing eighth and tenth is nearly £4m. 

It's his surname that gets linked. Any top club with money and pulling power (ie Arsenal, Liverpool...) will go for a much better goalkeeper.

Hopefully we'll be looking at a new keeper in the summer too.

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

£9mil lol probably just me but I swear every time our players get linked anywhere it's for well under value and every time we get linked to someone it's well over value.

"Leicester are looking to bring in £30m rated Wolves Keeper John Ruddy as Schmeichel's replacement"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DrezZone said:

TransferTavern is no link, all they do is spunk out nonsense articles about "x team must buy £y-rated z player", so lazy.

• Like 1