Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I think we need to reach for a state of mind where "Riyad Mahrez" is no longer an element.

When you worry about who's coming in, playing on his side, do you think it'll help the new guy settle in if he's constantly compared to whom played there before him?

Criticized, questioned, belittled before he's even made his first move on the pitch?

There are great right midfielders out there who'll do just fine. Trust our club to make the right decision(s), support the new guy.

Get behind the team most of all, not (just) single players.

Let go, man. Let go.

It's hard, but you've got to do it. Better now than never.

lol I accepted Mahrez would be leaving in January- that's done and dusted.

I just don't want us to make a total balls up of this opportunity, as we did in the summer of 2016. We're going to have a s**tload of cash to spend this summer, and I'd rather we set our sights a bit higher than Grealish and Maddison! My original comments were in response to a post stating that those 2 are our priority targets this summer- that's not good enough if we want to kick on.

I'll get behind them if they do sign, but we need to be ambitious in this window or we'll just fold into the pack and end up lower mid-table/bottom half.

• Like 1

I don't like this player and truthfully wouldn't want to see him at the club even for £1M, so hope these rumours aren't true. In terms of talent, he seems like another Wilshere; IE overrated. That price tag is ridiculous for a Championship Player, given that Ruben Neves who IS the best player in the Championship cost 15M and came from Porto after having played in the Champions League. This guy is an alright player, but has a poor attitude and hasn't done anything to warrant anything like that amount of money.

So given this, it's inevitable he will sign on the dotted line!

• Like 1

I don’t understand where he’ll fit because he can play left midfield where we have Albrighton, Diabate and Gray or in the number 10 posiston where we have Iheanacho and Okazaki. I don’t personally think he’s that much of an improvement on what we’ve already got...can someone please explain the reasoning behind why we would be interested in him?

1 minute ago, Wolfboy said:

I don’t understand where he’ll fit because he can play left midfield where we have Albrighton, Diabate and Gray or in the number 10 posiston where we have Iheanacho and Okazaki. I don’t personally think he’s that much of an improvement on what we’ve already got...can someone please explain the reasoning behind why we would be interested in him?

He is a ball carrying ACM/No.10. Known for his ability to go past players. Something we don't really have and needed for a while. 

Whether he is good enough is up for debate, but not whether we need this type of player IMO.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wolfboy said:

Okazaki may leave (last year of contract/last chance to re coup money) ; Albrighton will have to fight it out for a place on the bench and I wouldn't be surprised to see gray leave for Bournemouth.

• Like 1

I'd imagine we will be lining up next season something like this in attack:

--------------------------Vardy/Big Lump 9-------------------------

Gray/Diabate------Iheanacho/Grealish------Shaqiri/Albrighton

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Okazaki may leave (last year of contract/last chance to re coup money) ; Albrighton will have to fight it out for a place on the bench and I wouldn't be surprised to see gray leave for Bournemouth.

Okazaki is a hard one for me. Personally I think if it meant being able to bring both Maddison & Grealish for realistic fees I would probably be abit more for it. If not then no he offers something different.

Albrighton for me is a must keep. Most consistent performer we have imo. Offers something none of our wingers offer & is influential in the dressing room.

If we get offered between £25-£30m for Demarai I personally would sell & bring in someone like Roberts or Hazard. To many of our wingers have the same trait but not really that much creativity. IMO Demarai doesnt have the right attitude to succeed at our club. He may elsewhere, but for me he needs to be a big fish in a small pond. I just don’t think he’s a team player.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Look at the Burnley team, look at what we did... it's about the unit performing well together and not individuals. We're hopefully going to have a vastly improved defence, plus a defence that brings an extra attacking threat. Whilst losing a great player is regrettable, if we actually manage to improve two or three other starting positions, then I don't see why there should be a huge drop off, as they can pick up the slack.

This.

I just don't get why somany don't get it.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I'd imagine we will be lining up next season something like this in attack:

--------------------------Vardy/Big Lump 9-------------------------

Gray/Diabate------Iheanacho/Grealish------Shaqiri/Albrighton

Or.....

Vardy

Grealish.         Nacho.           Shaqiri

seems a lot more promising to me.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Okazaki is a hard one for me. Personally I think if it meant being able to bring both Maddison & Grealish for realistic fees I would probably be abit more for it. If not then no he offers something different.

Albrighton for me is a must keep. Most consistent performer we have imo. Offers something none of our wingers offer & is influential in the dressing room.

If we get offered between £25-£30m for Demarai I personally would sell & bring in someone like Roberts or Hazard. To many of our wingers have the same trait but not really that much creativity. IMO Demarai doesnt have the right attitude to succeed at our club. He may elsewhere, but for me he needs to be a big fish in a small pond. I just don’t think he’s a team player.

i disagree re Albrighton. I think he's been really poor the last couple of months. Always cuts inside now and continually crosses it, why? Must be so easy for the full back he plays against. I'd hope we would have signed a LM as well as a Riyad replacement. Unless Puel thinks Diabate can step up. 

17 minutes ago, Wolfboy said:

It occurred to me after we loaned Ulloa and Slimani and stopped playing Albrighton that hes getting phased out. Same with Okazaki and Gray well, he was given a few chances at the end and blew them as far as I could tell. After Puel kept taking him off 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

i disagree re Albrighton. I think he's been really poor the last couple of months. Always cuts inside now and continually crosses it, why? Must be so easy for the full back he plays against. I'd hope we would have signed a LM as well as a Riyad replacement. Unless Puel thinks Diabate can step up. 

Then why not play Albrighton right mid where he doesn’t have to take that extra touch to put the ball on his right foot & he can whip it in straight away? 

Dont get me wrong im not saying start him. But for me we should keep him as one of our wingers & he is also a better defensive option against the big boys. 

The Yam Yam's are going mental on their Championship Forum.

They think we are going to pay £40 Million for Grealish and they want to bang in silly clauses also like 40% sell on fee's etc.

No wonder these chumps got relegated, no idea of current prices, no common sense or logic on that forum.

Apparently they need £45 million to clear FFP rules and they are banking on us bailing them out.

LOL LOL LOL CUCKOO LAND.....................................................

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

They think we are going to pay £40 Million for Grealish and they want to bang in silly clauses also like 40% sell on fee's etc.

No wonder these chumps got relegated, no idea of current prices, no common sense or logic on that forum.

Apparently they need £45 million to clear FFP rules and they are banking on us bailing them out.

Delusional fans lol 

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Then why not play Albrighton right mid where he doesn’t have to take that extra touch to put the ball on his right foot & he can whip it in straight away? 

Dont get me wrong im not saying start him. But for me we should keep him as one of our wingers & he is also a better defensive option against the big boys. 

I think he's even less effective on the right though. I'd keep him but I'd hope he was a sub/back up rather than first choice. The crossing it the problem, it's the easiest thing he can do, Vardy being 5ft 9 does not help. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I think he's even less effective on the right though. I'd keep him but I'd hope he was a sub/back up rather than first choice. 

I think like Fuchs and Simpson, Albrighton will be a useful squad player for next season, especially when we need to tighten things up in games. 

I'd like us to have the exciting, attacking players starting but also have the ability to look to bench for some dependable guys like these 3 when needed. 

His crossing isn't a problem when he whips it across or plays low hard crosses across the box. It's the shit floaty things into the keepers hands than are his problem atm. He keeps doing them. Time after time after time, game after game after game. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Just to be that guy but Yam Yam is Wolves. 

He's  worth no more than £10m. To think he's  probably on a par with Gray in regards to ability and potential  and we paid only £5m for him. Yes the market has changed since then  but that's why I've doubled the fee to £10m.

Some people in the other thread come across happy at £25m. No chance  in a million years is he worth that...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

He's  worth no more than £10m. To think he's  probably on a par with Gray in regards to ability and potential  and we paid only £5m for him. Yes the market has changed since then  but that's why I've doubled the fee to £10m.

Some people in the other thread come across happy at £25m. No chance  in a million years is he worth that...

At last some sense.

£10 Million with £5 Million in addon's if he performs.

No way would the Thai's pay £40 Million for this wannabe.

I mean how can they value him at that price.

He has won zero, has not proven anything and his scoring record is poor.

Desperate club !.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Wasn't Gray due to a low release clause? Brum fans fuming from what I remember at going so cheap. 

£20 Million is about right IMO for Grealish in the current market. Don't forget last season Bournemouth bid £25 million for Gray!  

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11013430/bournemouth-fail-with-25m-bid-to-sign-demarai-gray-from-leicester

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

At last some sense.

£10 Million with £5 Million in addon's if he performs.

No way would the Thai's pay £40 Million for this wannabe.

I mean how can they value him at that price.

He has won zero, has not proven anything and his scoring record is poor.

Desperate club !.......

I think Villa are just setting the price high, similar to how we did with Mahrez at £90m in January.

I expect they know they are likely to only get around £20m 

• Like 1