Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think each linked target should have two threads - one for general discussion and one for actual information re any move. Would save so much time !!!! (Although most of the info threads would drop off the page !) 

I share your frustration with reading piles of nonsense at the end of a day to see if there has actually been any real development in a story. Perhaps we could have an ITK only thread? Where maybe only the handful of posters we know often have an insight can post. Nobody else. A locked thread? If they turn out to be regularly talking crap, they can be relegated out. If someone else on the forum suddenly comes into a regular source, they can be promoted in. No responses to each other - just info as they get it. It would also save them getting dog’s abuse when that info doesn’t play out the way it was told to them. It wouldn’t be hugely accurate - we all know that infoemation changes. But wouldn’t it be better than having to read 10 pages of noise to find one gem of info? 

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I share your frustration with reading piles of nonsense at the end of a day to see if there has actually been any real development in a story. Perhaps we could have an ITK only thread? Where maybe only the handful of posters we know often have an insight can post. Nobody else. A locked thread? If they turn out to be regularly talking crap, they can be relegated out. If someone else on the forum suddenly comes into a regular source, they can be promoted in. No responses to each other - just info as they get it. It would also save them getting dog’s abuse when that info doesn’t play out the way it was told to them. It wouldn’t be hugely accurate - we all know that infoemation changes. But wouldn’t it be better than having to read 10 pages of noise to find one gem of info? 

Nice idea Trent.

:thumbup:

20 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

It just makes me laugh dude - so many 'holier than thou' fans who think their own shit don't stink.

footballer players are human beings - they can be dicks, they can **** shit up, they make mistakes. 

the old 'they get paid so much money' bla bla bla - it don't wash. 

If I was in my early twenties with more money than I knew what to do with I'd probably act like a dick as well (in fact, I've done plenty of that without the millions tbf).

they get paid to kick a ball about - if they choose to be a good person and do charity work and act like a model pro then fine - but if they don't? they don't owe it to anyone. 

IIRC I think Grealish does his bit for charity as well.

JEALOUSY 

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think each linked target should have two threads - one for general discussion and one for actual information re any move. Would save so much time !!!! (Although most of the info threads would drop off the page !) 

If there was any actual information, it's probably going to be the topic of discussion anyway. If it's me and Col calling each other shit bags or people arguing about some other pointless shit, general rule of thumb is that there is no new information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20m and i'd definitely take him.

Iheanacho

Diabate Grealish Gray

Ndidi Choudhury

Chilwell Maguire --- Pereira

---

That's a lot of very talented young players. I like what we're doing.

Fill in spots here and there with proven players with a good head on their shoulders and we should be set for a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Iheanacho

Diabate Grealish Gray

Ndidi Choudhury

---

Fill in spots here and there with proven players with a good head on their shoulders and we should be set for a while.

We need more 23-27 year olds IMO. Having youngsters is good but the conditions must be correct. No point having a full team of under 23s. Much more beneficial to have one or two within a team full of expirence to help them

progress and improve. 

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Iheanacho

Diabate Grealish Gray

Ndidi Choudhury

---

It looks like an amazing youth team that if starts will see us likely relegated. There’s between 3-5 starters in that group for me and all the rest are in the squad and the second player needed for every position. The problem I have is that many of them have been given chances and consistently not taken them and some of the rest are unknown at Prem level however I’d love that to be our Cup squad!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

It looks like an amazing youth team that if starts will see us likely relegated. There’s between 3-5 starters in that group for me and all the rest are in the squad and the second player needed for every position. The problem I have is that many of them have been given chances and consistently not taken them and some of the rest are unknown at Prem level however I’d love that to be our Cup squad!

I'm not suggesting that that be our starting line up, merely that there are a lot of players that have a lot of potential in our side. Hopefully they can realise that potential with us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

i'd prefer Maddison, he's shown end product in every league he's played in; suggests he could make the step up again.

He also offers you a better option from set pieces. To me Maddison seems more determined to succeed & has his head scored on a lot more than Grealish. That’s imo.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Just seen on SSN, Villa are looking at £40m for Grealish!! :huh:

Could you imagine if we only get 60 million for Mahrez and then blow 40 of it on this clown! lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Just seen on SSN, Villa are looking at £40m for Grealish!! :huh:

That will be a NO SALE then and they really need to sell. 

I imagine he will eventually go for an upfront fee of £20m with potential add-ons 

I think this is very much a Maddison OR Grealish and perhaps only the injury to Maddison is delaying our decision on which. 

Personally think both have their benefits. Maddison perhaps the more skilful and professional but Grealish a potential live wire in the Dele Alli sense. 

Just hope we get either done quickly. Be amazing if we could get 2-3 players in well before the end of the window, with another couple being done later on in all likelihood. 

• Like 1

As much as I'm the fence about us signing him. 

I think when you look at the market nowadays, £40m is about right for a average to good player. It's going to be a risk signing him, but no more of a risk than when we signed Slimani or Musa for example.

At least we know (besides his attitude) he is a good player, that will hopefully develop. And in which case, his value will double.