Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

Everton's task of signing Jamie Vardy has just become even harder

Everton are said to have made Leicester City forward Jamie Vardy their top summer transfer target.

According to the Daily Mirror, Leicester City have devised a plan to play Jack Grealish behind Jamie Vardy next season, which could make Everton’s task of signing the striker even more difficult.

The Mirror have suggested that Everton have made Vardy their number one target ahead of the summer transfer window.

However, getting a deal over the line, looks a lot more difficult, as Vardy is so central to Leicester’s plans.

The Foxes hierarchy are excited about the potential partnership that Vardy could form with Grealish next term, if they can sign the attacking midfielder from Aston Villa.

And, if Claude Puel does want those two working in tandem, then it will be very difficult for Everton to persuade Leicester to sell.

Although Everton are likely to have money to invest this summer, Vardy is now 31, and they will not want to overspend on a player with little re-sale value.

And if Vardy remains central to Leicester’s plan, as has been suggested, then Everton may already have to be searching for other strike targets.

Having spoke to quite a few Villa fans at work they've said that he's really knuckled down and progressed a lot this season. They all said that you've not seen the attitude he 's had previously. Personally I think he'd be a decent signing if what they say is true.

4 minutes ago, Leicester69 said:

If you buy Championship quality players that is where you end up...not for me thanks, we should be setting our sights higher, same goes for Maddison.

Plenty of quality prem players have came from the championship/lower leagues.... I wouldn’t write of bids for any player based on the division they’re in, if they’re good enough to play for my club/have the potential to be I’m all for it

Edited by dbtcity

17 minutes ago, Leicester69 said:

If you buy Championship quality players that is where you end up...not for me thanks, we should be setting our sights higher, same goes for Maddison.

at who? So your saying you wouldnt want Ryan Sessegon either? Such a narrow minded view of the championship.

Surely signing players that want to play at the highest level is where we should be looking not at players at the highest level just coming here for another pay day.

11 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

You mean like Harry Maguire

No I don't mean like Maguire, who had played a full season in the Premiership for Hull, and was clearly their only decent player...the fact they got relegated didn't mask the fact he was decent, he was/is a great signing but had already proven he could play in the Premiership.

Grealish hasn't even proven he can play in the Championship at a high level for a long period, he has played well for the last 3-4 months??

When Villa went down, if I remember correctly he had the odd good game (played well against us) but was largely out of the team due to fitness, attitude and form...If I remember correctly