Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

If this is what we have scouted to replace mahrez . We are in trouble. 

With the figures being quoted, with what we are getting and paying? Hope this is all paper talk.

The kid may be talented but we need top quality, we have enough potential. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, escape2victory said:

————Schmeichel

Pereira—Maguire—New CB—Chilwell

——————-Ndidi

———Grealish——Silva

New Winger—Vardy—Gray/Diabate

We've never made 433 work in the past but this actually looks quite tasty. Add Shaqiri as the new RW and Dragovic, Mawson or Evans as the new CB and we would have a good combination of new/established, old/young players, with everyone comfortable on the ball. Not totally convinced by Chilwell but he's worth a bit more time. 

I'm warming to the idea of Grealish if we can get him for around £20-25m and he plays as a CM in a 3. Don't think he's really a 10 but more of an 8 like the Ox, for example. In that position he gives us someone who can not only pick a pass but also run past people from deep,  opening up space to release our speedy forwards, something we've really been lacking. This deeper role is where he played for Villa last season, which probably explains why his goals and assists stats look a bit underwhelming but that doesn't mean he hasn't been really effective, as he was in the play off final. If we stick with 4231 I don't see how he fits in, though. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

34 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

If this is what we have scouted to replace mahrez . We are in trouble. 

With the figures being quoted, with what we are getting and paying? Hope this is all paper talk.

The kid may be talented but we need top quality, we have enough potential. 

WE ARENT REPLACING RIYAD!  

there isnt anyone like him so whats the point in trying. You change the focal point of your play to exploit the talents you do have. If that’s grealish then fine. Just don’t overpay for him.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

WE ARENT REPLACING RIYAD!  

there isnt anyone like him so whats the point in trying. You change the focal point of your play to exploit the talents you do have. If that’s grealish then fine. Just don’t overpay for him.  

Not replace him but try to get one that’s is there about! Ziyech, Thorgan Hazard, etc who are miles better than Grealish at 40M

• Like 2

Not sure why so many are getting so heated about a reported fee. Was it not reported we wanted £95m for Mahrez? But seems we've ended up with a maximum of £75m.

Villa in the shite need every penny they can get. Did people really expect them to say we only want £15m. They may then have ended up with £12m.

Has no one on here ever sold a car ffs.

Forget the fee until it's an issue ie we've made a bid. All that matters to us is can he do a job for us.

• Like 3

Surely for the quoted £40m we could pick up somebody else?

Personally never really seen the hype around Grealish, although flashes of quality in the play off final last weekend did catch my eye.

Surely with Villa apparently needing to cut back we could get the deal done cheaper? Possibly offer a make weight player? Ulloa? Amartey on loan? 

On 30/05/2018 at 10:56, lifted*fox said:

The designers of that brand (twin brothers from Canada) released that line as a nod to their Canadian heritage apparently. 

We're not really going to start judging a players attitude by the slogans on their t-shirts, right? 

Depends what the slogan is doesn't it? "Behead all infidels" might well garner a little criticism don't you think, or do we ignore it because its just a slogan?  I get your point, but context is everything and,IMHO, yes we can judge them by the slogans on their T-Shirts.

These guys represent the clubs they play for whether 'on duty or off' and there is a legion of kids that look up to them - its the price of the money they earn and the public visibility they have. I'm a long long way from being a prude but wearing a t-shirt like that and posting pictures of it just shows how immature, badly advised or dimwitted he is about that context.

3 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Surely for the quoted £40m 

Is the £40m a quoted price?

I've seen quotes Villa have a £40m hole in ffp. I think this is more the press doing math as usual.

I see us getting him for around £20m. The carnage on VT will make fun reading if we do lol lol lol 

28 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Not replace him but try to get one that’s is there about! Ziyech, Thorgan Hazard, etc who are miles better than Grealish at 40M

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Maybe buy one Hazard AND a Grealish too.... 

Thorgan Hazard is going Valencia 

13 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Any news on Evans, Roberts, Maddison and Grealish? 

None on the first 3 but we're (obviously) not touching Grealish for £40m. No club will. They're doing what we did with Mahrez in the past. Villa value him at a certain price, not necessarily his actual value. 

Don't know if we've put any official bids in for Grealish though. Other clubs may have. 

• Like 1

Give Harvey Barnes a chance statistical a better player than Grealish, if Grealish is worth 40 mill, our Harvey is going to make us RICH  being valued at 700Mill.

Rudkin:- 40 Mill did you mean 4 Mill and accidently add a 0? what would we be getting for 40 Mill?

Villa:- 4 goals and 5 assists championship level.

Rudkin i see what you mean here you go villa 40 Mill + 35Mill add ons.

Villa:- see i told you Grealish is equal or a better player than Mahrez.

Not being funny but i just cant beleive it if we put a bid in should be 20 Mill Max but 15 Mill upfront with 5 Mill add ons if he matures and his behaviour is great during his contract.

36 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

These guys represent the clubs they play for whether 'on duty or off' and there is a legion of kids that look up to them - its the price of the money they earn and the public visibility they have. I'm a long long way from being a prude but wearing a t-shirt like that and posting pictures of it just shows how immature, badly advised or dimwitted he is about that context.

I can't say I agree tbh pal. 

They're paid to kick a football and kick a football well.

Whilst it would be nice if every footballer had some self-awareness and set out to be a 'great role-model' - it isn't their job and it shouldn't be expected, imo.

They're kids (not always the smartest kids either) with lots of money and no real care in the world.

Saying things like 'it's the price of the money they earn' - well, it's not really, is it. 

As I've mentioned - it would appear that Jack does his good bit for charity and whilst he may have had a youthful slip-up or two, he's hardly the reprobate many on here would have you believe.

Wearing a t-shirt with the word '****' on it in your own personal time isn't really the crime of the century and anybody who's got time to give a **** about it has their priorities all mixed up, imo of course. 

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this £40m nonsense has stemmed from the fact that is the reported figure that Villa need to cut this summer in wages and transfer fees.

It is... but the loons over in Birmingham actually think that's a reasonable fee, that's the problem. I'd be amazed if anyone bid much more than the £12-£17m upfront for the lad. With a hefty chunk of potential extras to sweeten the deal if he performed.

Maddison, from what I've seen on the pitch and from all the statistical stuff, is the player who I think could tempt someone to go over the £20m mark for a championship player for the first time.

Edited by Babylon

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It is... but the loons over in Birmingham actually think that's a reasonable fee, that's the problem. I'd be amazed if anyone bid much more than the £12-£17m upfront for the lad. With a hefty chunk of potential extras to sweeten the deal if he performed.

Maddison, from what I've seen on the pitch and from all the statistical stuff, is the player who I think could tempt someone to go over the £20m mark for a championship player for the first time.

But aren't they very different players? Maddison is a no 10 whilst Grealish is now playing as a deeper lying CM?

In reality we shouldn't be paying anything over £10m for a player who has achieved absolutely nothing other than showing the odd glimpses of potential. Its outrageous that championship clubs can demand that kind of money.

I was happy to pay a bit over the odds for Pereira because that was a priority, Grealish isn't. Leave this for now and go back in towards the end of the window when they are getting more desperate to sell.

• Like 1

£40m is a silly figure but that's the game in this day and age, unfortunately. 

The problem is - fans are slow to catch up with the growing figures in football and try to relate money = skill but that's not really how it works.

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly) £40m for a player like JG is where football fees in this country are headed - more money in the game from TV, etc. and the prices go up exponentially.

A JG that would have been a gamble at £8m five years ago is still the same JG that gets touted about for £40m now.

Just because the number is bigger doesn't mean he should be expected to be any better - it's madness, but it's the way it is. 

Add Villa not wanting to sell into that (much like us with Mahrez in the last couple of years) and they're going to put a silly figure out there. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Who said they were the be all and end all, you are the one who decided to interpret it that way. Just because I happen to mention stats, doesn't mean that's all I've considered.

9 goals and 9 assists in the league according to who scored?

IMG_3980.PNG

He was on loan at notts county when he was 17....

if you goal and assists stats arent all you have considered then maybe you want to break down why he isnt worth 20/25 million in todays market without mentioning them? As it was you that narrowed the arguement down to them and continued to mention them.