Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaats zzzzzzz

Yeah Liverpool use them the most and they helped recruit Sane, Salah and Firmino, kinda worked out didn’t it? Man City and Roma also have data analysts, not bad seasons. 

Obviously you combine with live scouting, Grealish and Cairney as AKCJ said earlier were by far the best players at Wembley in the playoff final. 

11 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Come on mate don't narrow the arguement it's not all about goals and assists and you know it. Oxlade Chamberlain only got 3 goals and 6 assists last year is he only worth 15 million as well?

Oxlade-Chamberlain has searing pace, had played probably 100+ times in the top flight for Arsenal. Grealish hasn't pulled up any trees in the Championship

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Come on mate don't narrow the arguement it's not all about goals and assists and you know it. Oxlade Chamberlain only got 3 goals and 6 assists last year is he only worth 15 million as well?

Don't use facts you mean? He's meant to be creative, his creative stats are entirely pertinent to his value and so is the level he's playing at and the current market.

Some absolute dross have been assisting and scoring for fun in that league. If they are and he isn't then it does beg the question, why?

Again, Ox is a premier league player and an England international, who has bossed games against the likes of Bayern. It's not comparable to some kid who has had one decent season in the championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Not sure where all of this Grealish hate is coming from. He’d be a great addition to the team. He’s good at holding the ball which I think or midfield has been lacking. Young, English and will feel like he has a point to prove in the prem. Wouldn’t spend 40 mil on him though. 

I don't give a shit about his hair. The lad can play football & plays with intensity. I think he could be really good but not worth 40 at the moment. For the right price I would love to see him here.

Edited by gurru991
grammar

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Don't use facts you mean? He's meant to be creative, his creative stats are entirely pertinent to his value and so is the level he's playing at and the current market.

Some absolute dross have been assisting and scoring for fun in that league. If they are and he isn't then it does beg the question, why?

Again, Ox is a premier league player and an England international, who has bossed games against the likes of Bayern. It's not comparable to some kid who has had one decent season in the championship.

1. For them to be facts they would have to be accurate. You said he had 9 assists and 9 goals he actually has 18 assists and 12 goals. No brilliant but not bad either when you consider he is 22. 

2. I wasn't comparing his record with the oxs just using him as an example of someone who has played in a similar position to grealish when goals and assist stats don't tell the full tale. As you rightly point out the Ox is a top international player. But he has often had poor assist and goal stats playing for much more expansive sides than Steve Bruce's Villa which should hopefully show you that goals and assists aren't the be all and end all when judging a player.

Is he really worth the hassle? I know Steve Walsh et al wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. 

Hes too similar to Silva in the sense that how will he fit into the team? Is he a winger? No10? AM? Doesn't seem a good fit to me. Also overrated

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Is he really worth the hassle? I know Steve Walsh et al wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. 

Hes too similar to Silva in the sense that how will he fit into the team? Is he a winger? No10? AM? Doesn't seem a good fit to me. Also overrated

Exactly what i thought in terms of where we going to play him, I think 8-9 weeks ago i would of said we'd sign a number 10 but Kelechi picked up his game a lot near the end of the season so that position is probably his. I mean what do we actually need, 1-2 centre backs and a winger?

A club with our resources coup maybe take a gamble on a player like Grealish for £20m but anything more than that I don’t see it being with the risk. Highly regarded by the Villa fans it seems but what has he actually done?

Oh and one of them said he’s the best player they’ve had in the last 15 years! Think you mean Albrighton fella

I'm not totally convinced either. Is he any better than Gray? Probably not. Gray would look like a world beater in the championship  (Derby, Sheff Utd etc). Harvey Barnes had similar stats playing for an inferior team. Tom Lawrence had better stats playing for Mick bloody McCarthy. 

Attacking players are judged on goals and/or assists.

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

1. For them to be facts they would have to be accurate. You said he had 9 assists and 9 goals he actually has 18 assists and 12 goals. No brilliant but not bad either when you consider he is 22. 

2. I wasn't comparing his record with the oxs just using him as an example of someone who has played in a similar position to grealish when goals and assist stats don't tell the full tale. As you rightly point out the Ox is a top international player. But he has often had poor assist and goal stats playing for much more expansive sides than Steve Bruce's Villa which should hopefully show you that goals and assists aren't the be all and end all when judging a player.

Who said they were the be all and end all, you are the one who decided to interpret it that way. Just because I happen to mention stats, doesn't mean that's all I've considered.

9 goals and 9 assists in the league according to who scored?

IMG_3980.PNG

8 hours ago, escape2victory said:

————Schmeichel

Pereira—Maguire—New CB—Chilwell

——————-Ndidi

———Grealish——Silva

New Winger—Vardy—Gray/Diabate

Interesting. What about:

—————-Schmeichel—————

Pereira—Maguire—Evans—New LB imo

————-Ndidi———-

Maddison——Grealish