Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

Just read the Birmingham Mail, they reckon he can be loaned out to Leicester for one season at 3 million with us paying his wages and if Villa win promotion next year he can go back to them, if they don't they will have no option but to sell him. Apparently Villa need the money!

6 minutes ago, KJT said:

Just read the Birmingham Mail, they reckon he can be loaned out to Leicester for one season at 3 million with us paying his wages and if Villa win promotion next year he can go back to them, if they don't they will have no option but to sell him. Apparently Villa need the money!

Why would we do that?

9 minutes ago, KJT said:

I don't think Villa would risk that, I mean he could come Leicester for one season it goes wrong and then of course returns to Villa with his price tag reduced. Leaving Villa only gaining £3million. No I think Villa will want do proper business. 

4 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Wasn't Gray due to a low release clause? Brum fans fuming from what I remember at going so cheap. 

£20 Million is about right IMO for Grealish in the current market. Don't forget last season Bournemouth bid £25 million for Gray!  

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11013430/bournemouth-fail-with-25m-bid-to-sign-demarai-gray-from-leicester

Yeah but Gray had at least proved he could cut it in the Premier League as well as doing well for the England U21s when Bournemouth offered that amaount.

JG has proved absolutely nothing. I could just sew him ending up in our development squad. 

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Why would we do that?

It's what the Birmingham Mail think what would be best for all parties concerned, gives the option for Jack to return to the club he loves if they win promotion and gives him vital premier league experience to get him in England squad

11 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yeah but Gray had at least proved he could cut it in the Premier League as well as doing well for the England U21s when Bournemouth offered that amaount.

JG has proved absolutely nothing. I could just sew him ending up in our development squad. 

Gray isn't good enough for the premier league though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

On Mahrez's level I agree but a bit harsh to say he's not good enough. I disagree. 

4 goals and 4 assists (2 of those goals took massive deflections) in 60 odd games says to me, he isn't good enough at the minuet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KJT said:

It's what the Birmingham Mail think what would be best for all parties concerned, gives the option for Jack to return to the club he loves if they win promotion and gives him vital premier league experience to get him in England squad

In what world would that be best for us? 

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Straight swap for Gray.

Is he actually any better than Gray. If Gray played in the championship now he would look a world beater 

Edited by adam
  • Like 2

Harvey Barnes' 2017/18 stats

Apps: 18 (5)

Minutes: 1408

Goals: 5

Assists: 4

Grealish's

Apps: 22 (8)

Mins: 2130

Goals: 3

Assists: 6

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 1

Not sure where all of this Grealish hate is coming from. He’d be a great addition to the team. He’s good at holding the ball which I think or midfield has been lacking. Young, English and will feel like he has a point to prove in the prem. Wouldn’t spend 40 mil on him though. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Harvey Barnes' 2017/18 stats

Apps: 18 (5)

Minutes: 1408

Goals: 5

Assists: 4

Grealish's

Apps: 22 (8)

Mins: 2130

Goals: 3

Assists: 6

This is a very eye opening stat to think barnes could be better than grealish if so then we need to put faith into our young players

Key passes/90, dribbles/90, shots/90 are the metrics that matter when assessing attacking midfielders. 

2017/18
Grealish 
Shots p/90 1.9 (Vardy 1.9, Mahrez 2)
Key Passes/90 1.9 (Mahrez 1.6, Albrighton 1.4, Gray 0.8)
Dribbles/90 2.6 (Mahrez 2.3, Albrighton 1.5)

He’s more creative than Gray and Albrighton, plus he plays centrally which we don’t have.

Just because he has been immature in the past and has a suspect barnet doesn’t make him a bad player. £25m for a 22 year old that can create more than anyone from a central position in our team, shouldn’t be scoffed at. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

He's got about 9 goals and 9 assists.... in his entire career! He's done sod all at premier league level. You can't compare to players who were sold in the premier league after actually playing ok in that division.

Come on mate don't narrow the arguement it's not all about goals and assists and you know it. Oxlade Chamberlain only got 3 goals and 6 assists last year is he only worth 15 million as well?

• Like 1