Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Jack Grealish

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we can only speculate!

I hope he would have the strength of character to not follow the money and go with his heart.

I don't understand why you're bringing money into it. 

England players give their England fees to charity.

It seems to me you're making assertions and assumptions based on no knowledge of the reality whatsoever.

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

It seems to me you're making assertions and assumptions based on no knowledge of the reality whatsoever.

....we can keep going with this forever!!

But for others as previously stated two people arguing is not what they have signed up to on this forum. My suggestion of the relation with money is a reference to the players worth with an England cap. It increases the players perceived value.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Yeah Silva is a number 8, for me though he wasn’t assertive enough with the ball. We are really lacking someone who can pick up the ball from deep and drive at the opposition. Grealish is comfortable as an 8 or 10 and think he perfectly suits what we need.

A 4-1-4-1, with the possibility of Gray-Grealish-Ndidi-Roberts with Vardy as the striker and Iborra shielding the back 4 season excites me.

I'd want someone more established or talented than Gray/Roberts. Give me Thorgan Hazard or Mohamed Elyounoussi and it's bingo time.

2 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Due to injury only made 22 starts, 18 in central midfield. 3 attacking midfielder, 1 left side of midfield. 

They’re not amazing stats but not quite as shabby as they first appear. 

Living in Birmingham I don’t know a Villa fan who doesn’t think he has massive potential to be top drawer. 

Also, being mates with Chilwell and Gray they can console each other when we get on our young players backs for not playing like Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo and Pele. 

Isn’t this ‘due to injury’ comment more relevant than you’d think? I was under the impression (possibly wrongly) that he’s had quite a few injuries for such a young footballer?

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Isn’t this ‘due to injury’ comment more relevant than you’d think? I was under the impression (possibly wrongly) that he’s had quite a few injuries for such a young footballer?

I’m not surprised have you seen the way the kid gets targeted in games. Teams know Villa struggle massively without him therefore they absolutely nail him. 

Look at the stamp from Fredricks in the final. You telling me that was an accident? Of course not. The kid isn’t made out of steel. However if he joins a bigger team hopefully he should get more space to do his thing.

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m not surprised have you seen the way the kid gets targeted in games. Teams know Villa struggle massively without him therefore they absolutely nail him. 

Look at the stamp from Fredricks in the final. You telling me that was an accident? Of course not. The kid isn’t made out of steel. However if he joins a bigger team hopefully he should get more space to do his thing.

23 in September not exactly a kid

Just now, HankMarvin said:

23 in September not exactly a kid

There’s always one that has to pick at anything isn’t there. He’s still eligible to play for the u23 side if I stand corrected. He still a kid in my eyes maybe not to you. But he’s still got another 3 maybe 4 years until he hits his prime.

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

There’s always one that has to pick at anything isn’t there. He’s still eligible to play for the u23 side if I stand corrected. He still a kid in my eyes maybe not to you. But he’s still got another 3 maybe 4 years until he hits his prime.

Ok your right, my bad just checked 

kid1

1. 1.
    informal
    a child or young person.
    "she collected the kids from school"
    synonyms: child, little one, young one, baby, toddler, infant, boy/girl, minor, juvenile, adolescent, teenager, youth, stripling; 22 year old footballer, more
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

kid1

1. 1.
    informal
    a child or young person.
    synonyms: child, little one, young one, baby, toddler, infant, boy/girl, minor, juvenile, adolescent, teenager, youth, stripling; 22 year old footballer, more

Well, he obviously means ‘kid’ in a different way to the standard definition. People always use that word to describe football players in their late teens/early twenties, as I expect you know. 

6 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Well, he obviously means ‘kid’ in a different way to the standard definition. People always use that word to describe football players in their late teens/early twenties, as I expect you know. 

Depends how old you are I guess

I dont personally see someone that is nearly 23 as a kid.

Could be misleading if you didnt know how old JG was

Edited by HankMarvin

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd want someone more established or talented than Gray/Roberts. Give me Thorgan Hazard or Mohamed Elyounoussi and it's bingo time.

One of those 'I know someone' lines but my boss is a Gladbach fan and he doesn't rate Hazard at all, reckons he's completely over-hyped. I've seen next to nothing of him so can't comment myself but thought it was interesting.

As I said many times Jack's got lots of potential and he's one of those players if you don't go for him you might regret it. However I just don't seem him fitting into the Leicester system. Rather Leicester signed him than going to somewhere like West Ham. Though there's claims Man U want him, but there's no way you'll see him near the first team for some time. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

The injury in question was a bit of a freak incident. Took a kick in preseason and ruptured his liver almost in two. Was taken to the Heartlands in Birmingham then transferred to the QE for an emergency op. The surgeon told him before going under that he could die during the surgery. He was out for over 4 months but worked really hard to get back and by his own admission has improved his attitude to football and life immeasurably as a result since. 

I think there’s a decent chance he’ll stay at Villa if Bruce stays, as he thinks the world if him. He visited twice and got in touch every day when he was in hospital. 

3 hours ago, toddybad said:

Are you naive? You don't think someone with an England cap under their belt can't argue for a higher club contractual wage? That the sponsors will offer more to you, that your wealth wouldn't be better for England than Ireland?

He was offered a Senior squad position for Ireland. Ireland is desperate for midfielders, especially young and up and coming etc. He would be playing nearly every game and probably would have the team built around him. He chose to rebuff MON twice in order to change his allegiances.

There are no assumptions, those are the facts.

Edited by sphericalfox

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

The injury in question was a bit of a freak incident. Took a kick in preseason and ruptured his liver almost in two. Was taken to the Heartlands in Birmingham then transferred to the QE for an emergency op. The surgeon told him before going under that he could die during the surgery. He was out for over 4 months but worked really hard to get back and by his own admission has improved his attitude to football and life immeasurably as a result since. 

I think there’s a decent chance he’ll stay at Villa if Bruce stays, as he thinks the world if him. He visited twice and got in touch every day when he was in hospital. 

From the Villa's owner's statement it sounds like Villa might need to balance the books a little so a tempting offer from someone maybe too difficult to turn down. So Grealish may not have a choice in the matter, I don't think he would want to move too far I've heard he's very close to his family so a move to Leicester may play in the foxes favour. One interesting possible deal could be cash plus perhaps offer loan spell to Gray, a spell in the championship may do Gray the world good, not forgetting he's still young 21. Needs game time aswell. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

kid1

1. 1.
    informal
    a child or young person.

I’m crying at the synonyms section. Hahahaha

• Haha 2

I honestly can’t believe how many people are gushing over Jack Grealish?!!

I’m sorry but I can’t stand the lad.

Massively overrated and will very quickly get found out in the prem.

Every so often strikes a decent shot, but most of the time he ends up losing the ball, or just throwing himself to the floor in the hope of winning a free kick.

Add to that the previous evidence of childlike behaviour, and the constant whining to the referee, and if that wasn’t enough, he has a face that is just crying out to be hit, hard!

Someone I wouldn’t want anywhere near a City shirt.

Simply must be better options out there than him.

• Like 1