Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

How do you compare a goalkeeper to a winger?

If writing your list of 61 better players than Mahrez is so easy, then lets see it.

Man you sound like an idiot.

How do you compare a defender to a winger?

How do you compare a defensive midfielder to an attacking midfielder? 

So what are you saying that Mahrez is the best left sided attacking dribbler in the league? Because YOU are unable to compare footballers?

BTW he isn't even the best left sided (let alone winger) in the league this season - no matter what you and the fox tell me.

I'm shocked that anyone even claims he's been our best player over this season.

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

A goalkeeper IS a footballer you know.

I could name 10 Man City players alone who have had a better season than Mahrez. 

I could name at least 7 Manure players who have had a better season than Mahez.

I could name at least 6 Liverpool players who have had a better season than Mahrez.

I could name at least 10 Spurs players ...

I could name at least 7 Chelsea players...

I could name at least 4 arse players...

I could name at least 2 Burnley players (which isn't bad because I only know the names of 3 Bumley players)

I could name at least 3 Leicester players ....

And that's without even looking at the other 12 clubs in the league who will have at least 1 better player than Mahrez this season.

So that's an easy 61 players IMO.

Go ahead and name them, FIF.

Just now, FIF said:

So what are you saying that Mahrez is the best left sided attacking dribbler in the league? Because YOU are unable to compare footballers?

BTW he isn't even the best left sided (let alone winger) in the league this season - no matter what you and the fox tell me.

He's been our second best player over the course of the season behind Vardy and ahead of Maguire IMO.

You don't have to call me an idiot because I don't agree with you. Fairly sure we can have a reasonable debate around this, especially considering there is no real fact that backs up a "top 40 in the PL" list.

I agree. He's categorically not the best left sided footballer in the league this season. But that's mainly because he plays on the right :) 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

lol I see that you are using the 'ol trump strategy. No one is debating that point and you are making-up assumptions to save face.

As it stands, I don't think that Salah is just having the best season in the PL  but he's (atm) playing like the best player in the world.

I'm still waiting for the list that you promised us, FIF.

Edited by the fox

40 minutes ago, the fox said:

lol I see that you are using the 'ol trump strategy. No one is debating that point and you are making-up assumptions to save face.

As it stands, I don't think that Salah is just having the best season in the PL  but he's (atm) playing like the best player in the world.

I'm still waiting for the list that you promised us, FIF.

I haven't promised any list. What's the point?

You think that he has been the best player outside the top 6 clubs this season when any sane man wouldn't have him as the best performer in our own team. And AKCJ can't even admit that De Gea has been a better player this season than Mahrez. 

You are both mad.

I'm not going through all the teams AGAIN to tell you what I think but here's the Man City squad. As I said AT LEAST TEN of these players have had better seasons than Mahrez.

1 Chile GK Claudio Bravo
2 England DF Kyle Walker
3 Brazil DF Danilo
4 Belgium DF Vincent Kompany (captain)
5 England DF John Stones
7 England MF Raheem Sterling
8 Germany MF İlkay Gündoğan
10 Argentina FW Sergio Agüero
14 France DF Aymeric Laporte
17 Belgium MF Kevin De Bruyne
18 England MF Fabian Delph
19 Germany MF Leroy Sané

No.   Position Player
20 Portugal MF Bernardo Silva
21 Spain MF David Silva (vice-captain)
22 France DF Benjamin Mendy
24 England DF Tosin Adarabioyo
25 Brazil MF Fernandinho
30 Argentina DF Nicolás Otamendi
31 Brazil GK Ederson
33 Brazil FW Gabriel Jesus
35 Ukraine MF Oleksandr Zinchenko
42 Ivory Coast MF Yaya Touré
47 England MF Phil Foden
55 Spain MF

Brahim Díaz

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

You think that he has been the best player outside the top 6 clubs this season when any sane man wouldn't have him as the best performer in our own team. And AKCJ can't even admit that De Gea has been a better player this season than Mahrez. 

You are both mad.

I'm not going through all the teams AGAIN to tell you what I think but here's the Man City squad. As I said AT LEAST TEN of these players have had better seasons than Mahrez.

1 Chile GK Claudio Bravo
2 England DF Kyle Walker
3 Brazil DF Danilo
5 England DF John Stones
19 Germany MF Leroy Sané

No.   Position Player
25 Brazil MF Fernandinho
31 Brazil GK Ederson
47 England MF Phil Foden
55 Spain MF

Brahim Díaz

You're making up arguments now.

I've not said that Mahrez has had a better season than De Gea. I've only questioned exactly how that's decided. How do you compare players that play totally different positions.

Which 10 players have had better seasons btw?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

You are both mad.

1 Chile GK Claudio Bravo
2 England DF Kyle Walker
3 Brazil DF Danilo
5 England DF John Stones
19 Germany MF Leroy Sané

No.   Position Player
25 Brazil MF Fernandinho
31 Brazil GK Ederson
47 England MF Phil Foden
55 Spain MF

Brahim Díaz

Stopped reading at Mendy's name, he's been injured for the most part of the season, there goes your credibility.

No doubt he will be wanting away again, but will the big clubs and offers come in? 

Man City may come back in for him, but he will only be a bench warmer there and not sure even City will want to spend the kind of money we want, on a bench warmer!

I wouldn't be that surprised if he has to accept that the big move he wants just doesn't happen this Summer again, and he may settle for a new better contract here.

5 hours ago, FIF said:

You are both mad.

I've yet to argue this point. I was from the start talking about overall and not just this season.

FIF mate, why do you argue a point if you are not even trying to back your point with a list of players?

Not sure what all the fighting about. Mahrez is obviously  not thought of in the way some of our fans do. We've had two clubs put in solid offers neither come close to our valuation. He's over rated. If messi or Ronaldo put in transfer requests  7/8 clubs would all dive in.

We had Roma trying it on then Man c at the death after they lost sane to injury. Really doesn't that say a lot about Mahrez. He's not the wonder boy people claim. Yes one of our best but no fvcker wants him lol lol 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

This thread is equal parts hilarious and fvcking depressing.  It's like watching a load of teenagers playing a twisted game of soggy buscuit where half of them are masturbating and half trying to shit on it.  X

You never played rugby then... ?

23 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

Stopped reading at Mendy's name, he's been injured for the most part of the season, there goes your credibility.

23 hours ago, AKCJ said:

That list is Man City's full squad mate :D 

He didn't say that every player on that squad has had a better season than Mahrez, just that he could pick out ten players from that list who have.

Here I am, defending FIF. :P

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

He didn't say that every player on that squad has had a better season than Mahrez, just that he could pick out ten players from that list who have.

Here I am, defending FIF. :P

I know? I was pointing that out to DelBoy

On 26/04/2018 at 16:28, the fox said:

Go ahead and name them, FIF.

Having watched Stoke and Palace today I've found another 22 players in the prem who have played better than Mahrez this season.

Even Jeff Schlupp did more in 20 seconds than Mahrez did the whole game.

How many corners and Free kicks has he taken this year and sent to the opposition. 

Every single one in this game again. Why does he insist of taking them all?

I meant 261 players in the prem.