Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

Rob Dorsett‏ @RobDorsettSky

FollowFollow @RobDorsettSky

Riyad Mahrez tells me he has withdrawn the transfer request he made in January, but he is still not sure whether he will be an #lcfc player next season. See more on #ssn

Edited by ClaphamFox

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Riyad Mahrez tells me he has withdrawn the transfer request he made in January, but he is still not sure whether he will be an #lcfc player next season. See more on #ssn

Curious... What does this mean?

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Riyad Mahrez tells me he has withdrawn the transfer request he made in January, but he is still not sure whether he will be an #lcfc player next season. See more on #ss

Yeah... because he'd lose his loyalty bonus and his chunk of any sell on fee with a request still in place.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think he may have finally realised that he has been approaching this completely the wrong way. 

Handing in a transfer request and going on strike, does not endear himself to other managers and clubs considering him.

I still wouldn't be that shocked if he is still with us after the summer window, not because we are refusing him a move again, but because no "big" club have come in for him!

There maybe the odd inquiry from clubs abroad aka Roma, but unless we are going to get the £60million plus price tag we set, only a handful of clubs will be comfortable with that, and after another flat season from him, will any of those type clubs be interested?

I'd suggest Man City are still most likely but going to be interesting! Whatever happens, if he is leaving, lets get it done quickly so we can have the cash in and enough time to spend it! 

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah... because he'd lose his loyalty bonus and his chunk of any sell on fee with a request still in place.

This 

Its not rocket science 

this is bad news for us as we actually get less money for him when he leaves. 

Edited by st albans fox

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This 

Its not rocket science 

this is bad news for us as we actually get less money for him when he leaves. 

Not convinced this is truly the case. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Wish he'd start playing like it in that case!!! 

It has gone. It was in January, it's another transfer window. I am still here - I don't want to put a lot of things in my head," Mahrez told Sky Sports News, when asked whether his transfer request still stood.

He added: "I am still in contract with Leicester so at the moment I am here and we will see."

Mahrez, who first joined the Foxes in 2014, has been frustrated in his efforts to seek a new challenge by the Leicester hierarchy and insists his immediate focus is on helping Claude Puel's side enjoy a strong end to the campaign.

"At that time I handed a transfer [request] because I had offers from Manchester City so obviously I wanted to go. But now I am still at Leicester.

"With me, especially, you never know what is happening. Every time I have to go but I am still here.

"I don't really want to talk about [whether] I am going, or staying. I just want to finish the last three games. We will see what will happen for me."

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I reckon ...   could be wrong mind !! ...   it means, he has withdrawn his transfer request.

...and his hair has returned to its natural colour

39 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really don't see the point in him staying now. We'll be back at square one again next year. Time to move on.

Not that we should be accepting derisory offers.

This summer he either has to go or sign a favourable 4 year contract with a wage rise and maybe a £60m release clause . We can't have players of his value running down their contracts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This summer he either has to go or sign a favourable 4 year contract with a wage rise and maybe a £60m release clause . We can't have players of his value running down their contracts.

You're coming out with some good sensible comments today Gezza ...     not that you don't normally !! ...   :)

11 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Man City will under-bid again thist summer and the cycle starts again.

The way he reacted by going on strike I wouldn't trust him with whatever he says to the press.

Yep you are about right 

I say just sell the mardy sod now and get what we can for him and start to rebuild again

I think it’s done and he knows full well where he will be going. I think an agreement with the owners his agent and the PFA was reached and he’ll be allowed to leave in the summer and I also reckon he knows the likely destination as well.

• Like 1