Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

Sell for the right price, keep if the price isn't right.

He's good enough to hold out for the right price. 65m+ Patrick Roberts from Man City (what we supposedly turned down in Jan) would be the right price in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Mr Hanky said:

Yeah !!

Let's sell the most talented, gifted, creative player the Club has probably ever seen

Can't wait to get the absolute genius out of Club and move on with all that money, which we're bound to invest in something better

Result !!

Absolute tosh.

Have you watched him play the last 2 seasons? He's probably had 5 really good games and the rest are meh!

He can dribble with a ball but tbh not as well as Diabaté or possibly Gray in the Leicester team.

His GREAT skill is seeing the possibility of a long pass and delivering it but sadly ever since he was put up for Player of the year he's believed that his great skill is his dribbling. you know step over, step over, come inside, lose the ball - every defender knows it. He'll be a loss but not much of one and he won't be so difficult to replace - he's not the 2015 Mahrez, like Huth and Morgan are not the 2015 Huth and Morgan. 

He has cost us games this season and he's been a distraction to the TEAM for 2 seasons.

I'll be upset if he isn't sold this summer. Hopefully before the world cup starts.

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Do people who think Gray can replace Riyad still exist?

Gray or Diabaté can give the team as much as the 2017/18 Mahrez has and whilst causing much less disruption, but maybe we'll invest the money in a different type of player and evolve from the 2 winger team into one that actually uses a number 10. 

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sell for the right price, keep if the price isn't right.

He's good enough to hold out for the right price. 65m+ Patrick Roberts from Man City (what we supposedly turned down in Jan) would be the right price in my opinion.

We turned down offers of 65m cash and 50m cash + Roberts (valued at 15m). I think 65m cash + Roberts will be a good deal all round and enable all parties to save face.

The best I’ve ever seen, and possibly the best the club has ever seen - but ultimately no one is bigger than the club. I will be forever grateful in his part of fulfilling my wildest footballing dreams, and wish him well when he leaves. 

I am am concerned about Puels style without our most creative player, though I think Diabate looks a good prospect. In the short term though inevitably it seems we will be even more toothless going forward.

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Yep, bored of this now. Get it done and let's move on. 

Are we now at the point where he goes for 30M and we think its a good deal because we no longer have to rely on a player who doesnt even want to be here?

7 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

This is not bitching because he's thinking of going (I'd hate to see him go) but I genuinely don't think he's good enough for City. He'd be a bit part player imho.

A bit part player who happens to be our best creative outlet.

Says it all:unsure:

Most gifted player I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt but if he still wants to go (and he surely does) then it's time we let him. Can't see him improving his game much if he stays and he's 28 next year, so we've had his best years out of him and would be selling at peak value. Time for both parties to move on.

• Like 2

It has become quite boring !!! Get it over with and lets move on.

An amazingly talented footballer & it has been a pleasure to watch him but it has become tiresome. 

Which airport will he hang out at this time ??

Edited by gurru991