Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

13 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

We need this cloud over our club to break up, good bye Mahrez.

He will only sit on the bench at Man City, game time will be scarce.

£70 Million or so if invested wisely could actually improve us.

Id hope so but with our recent track record of recruitment we could easily squander that. Agree that we need to get rid now though. Can only see his value decreasing

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Id hope so but with our recent track record of recruitment we could easily squander that. Agree that we need to get rid now though. Can only see his value decreasing

Trouble is Silva for example needs flowing football to shine, Puel is trying to change it but its going to take time.

59 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

We need this cloud over our club to break up, good bye Mahrez.

He will only sit on the bench at Man City, game time will be scarce.

£70 Million or so if invested wisely could actually improve us.

‘invested wisely’ being something we are serial failures at.  If we sell Mahrez and get  Fellaini, then Rudders needs tar and feathering.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 17:15, Paddy. said:

This is not bitching because he's thinking of going (I'd hate to see him go) but I genuinely don't think he's good enough for City. He'd be a bit part player imho.

I think he'd do well at Man City. He's definitely better than Bernardo Silva and I reckon he'd be as effective as Sterling if he was in their team and had the benefit of Guardiola's coaching and advice. Sterling was pants until he started working with Guardiola.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Diabate is already miles better than Gray. 

Apart from Posh, Diabete has been poor every time he's started. 

He has had decent performances from the bench, that's it.

• Like 2

Don't think we can say no this time. I can believe Man City will be back in for him, I think their failure in the Champions League and FA Cup exit will have convinced Guardiola that they need more depth, and £65m isn't very much to them. Given everyone knows he wants out I think 65 would be a fair deal for all parties and I don't think we can expect to get any more than that in the circumstances. He will get games there, the bloke is unbelievably good and would relish playing in their squad. I think he would fit in as well.

Sad for us but he's been incredible and deserves a move like that. Been an absolute pleasure watching him over the last 4 years. The most gifted player we've ever had, the first touch, the control - I don't think we'll ever watch a player with skills like his for us again for a very long time.

If/when he goes, thanks for the memories and all the best to him.

• Like 4

I would love him to go to Man City for £60m+ just to end up sitting on the bench for most of his time there but unfortunately I don't think we will see Man City bidding that kind of money this time around.

If anything they were willing to pay more last time around because it was right at the end of the transfer window and also because no one else was available with the kind of quality they were looking for. Whilst I think that Pep could improve him as a player, he's still some way behind De Bruyne, Sane, Sterling, David Silva and maybe also Jesus and Bernardo, as such, I'm not even sure if they will be coming in for him again this Summer at all - especially when you consider that there will be other players available and given his poor performances recently. If they do then we shouldn't expect more then £65m and to be honest I think anything near that is is more than a fair price. 

Hope it happens soon

Pretty comfortable letting him go at the end of the season, he's been an unreal asset for us over the years (have a think about the goals he ha's scored), but if we are all honest, he is good enough when hes in the right mind frame to be a regular in the top teams in the world. 

If he still has that massive desire to leave, that is. Would love him to be here next season, but if he plays to his potential for the first half of the season, and then wants out half way through, that's when it's a big loss. 

Remember him for what he has done for us, get a decent wedge for him and get some fresh blood in to replace that are hungry to wear that city shirt.

COYB

On 21/04/2018 at 20:50, Sunbury Fox said:

I think he'd do well at Man City. He's definitely better than Bernardo Silva and I reckon he'd be as effective as Sterling if he was in their team and had the benefit of Guardiola's coaching and advice. Sterling was pants until he started working with Guardiola.

He will do well but Bernardo Silva is an excellent player and could play for any team in Europe. I wouldn’t necessarily say the same for Riyad. 

According to BBC sport Man city are willing to sell Jon Stones. Him and Mcguire at the back could be our central defenders for years. Maybe we could get 35mill + Stones for Mahrez.

They get a player they want and remove a player who never plays. We could have a solid central defence with Stones + Mcguire along with Chilwell, Gray, Diabate, Kelechi we have an exciting team with potential.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HKFox said:

According to BBC sport Man city are willing to sell Jon Stones. Him and Mcguire at the back could be our central defenders for years. Maybe we could get 35mill + Stones for Mahrez.

They get a player they want and remove a player who never plays. We could have a solid central defence with Stones + Mcguire along with Chilwell, Gray, Diabate, Kelechi we have an exciting team with potential.

I'd take Stones but I imagine he will end up at another top 6 club. 

Looks like an Arsenal signing imo 

16 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Depends what manager we bring in this Summer. The new manager might want Huth and Morgan at the back 

• Like 3

Thanks for the memories Riyad, aside from your strops you've been absolutely brilliant (at times) and were integral to us winning the league.

Need to get this done early and focus on a replacement, don't want this running through the entire window as a distraction only to get a last minute bid!