Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

18 minutes ago, Bakerl said:

Unless we do some massive buying this summer, 6 players minimum, we will be relegated next season. Vardy and Mahrez , are just not good enough. The whole team set up has to change, and quick. 

We will be better than more than 3 teams next season. No way we are relegated.

I hope he stays and takes over from the Birch when he retires. (now I've placated those still living in 2016)

IMO the sooner he's gone the better. He would have been gone before the open top bus ride given the chance. Sitting at an airport waiting for an offer. Oh and then January.

Yes he has been one of our best but that don't make him the player we think he is. Since that one golden season he's done next to nothing. Only two club have actually made bids for him. Man c and Roma hardly fighting them off are we.

Neither offer has got anywhere near our valuation. Reason being no one thinks he's worth the money and the clubs that could pay don't think he's that good.

So for me the sooner he's gone and we are rid of his antics and disruption the better. Someone should sit the little brat down and explain to him he's not bigger than the club. Also long after he's gone this club will still be here making fans happy.

As much as I love Mahrez I'd say it's pretty clear he's done this so as not to miss out on his loyalty bonus (laughable that players get this for leaving a club) and any other bonuses he would otherwise waive by handing in a transfer request. It's pretty clear from that statement that he has no desire to stay so it's purely a financial decision.

Not sure why it's such a bind for him to stay at a club where he is universally loved and extremely well-paid but fair enough if he wants to test himself elsewhere. It's fair to say though, that fans of the likes of Chelsea and Spurs would be a lot less tolerant of SOME of the performances he's put in this season. 

• Like 1

At the moment, we are probably the worse team in the Premier league, we are losing to everyone. It will take some really good signings to turn this around. If we don't get it right, we are down next season.

• Thanks 1

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:27, FIF said:

We will be better than more than 3 teams next season. No way we are relegated.

Brave man, I think some Stoke and West Brom fans may have said the same thing last year, both finish with 40 odd point like us.

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Brave man, I think some Stoke and West Brom fans may have said the same thing last year, both finish with 40 odd point like us.

Not trying to tempt anything here, but...

Cardiff and whomever comes up via the playoff route will need some serious investment.

Wolverhampton are hard to judge as of right now, as they'll need reinforcements also.

Plus one out of Southampton and Huddersfield to struggle.

Time could also finally be up for one out of Bournemouth, Watford or West Ham - who knows?

Regardless of our opponents' fate next season, we better be prepared!

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

With what it pays to be in PL Leicester fully aware by letting Mahrez play out his contract is worth more than the £65m transfer fee being touted around. I don't think he will leave this summer just my opinion 

Edited by esoog

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Not trying to tempt anything here, but...

Cardiff and whomever comes up via the playoff route will need some serious investment.

Wolverhampton are hard to judge as of right now, as they'll need reinforcements also.

Plus one out of Southampton and Huddersfield to struggle.

Time could also finally be up for one out of Bournemouth, Watford or West Ham - who knows?

Regardless of our opponents' fate next season, we better be prepared!

Discussion should be Europe not relegation with this squad

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Why, when we finished 9th and have a young squad, are some people so sure we will be relegated next season?  X

This.

With some spending on our defence we could even see an improvement on this season.

However, hard to know how we'll react assuming Mahrez is gone this summer, doesn't seem to be many comments coming out from Leicester saying he wont be sold, makes you think he's off. 

11 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Why, when we finished 9th and have a young squad, are some people so sure we will be relegated next season?  X

I just think unless your any of the top six, you have to have one eye on it.

It only takes a couple of factors to come to play out, let's say we sell Mahrez (Likely), have another summer of bad recuitment (Possible) and a long term injury to Vardy and we would be in big trouble.