Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

LCFC players featuring at the 2018 World Cup

ENGLAND

Jamie Vardy

Harry Maguire

DENMARK

Kasper Schmeichel

PORTUGAL

Adrien Silva

Ricardo Pereira

NIGERIA

Kelechi Iheanacho

Ahmed Musa

(Wilfred Ndidi) Currently injured (hamstring), doubtful

TUNISIA
(Yohan Benalouane) Provisory squad

JAPAN

Shinji Okazaki (new manager, new hope; provisory squad out on May 30th)

Missing out:

Bartosz Kapustka (Poland; lack of match practice)

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

doubtful for the whole tournament or just the start? 

Well, definite squads have to be submitted by June 4th the latest, so it's a race against the clock, I guess.

A bit more than two more weeks to go for him to gain full fitness or at least capable of the odd substitution here and there.

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, definite squads have to be submitted by June 4th the latest, so it's a race against the clock, I guess.

A bit more than two more weeks to go for him to gain full fitness or at least capable of the odd substitution here and there.

Time will tell.

He's a fit lad so if the injury isn't too bad he'll probably start 2nd game into the tournament, I reckon he'll stand out for them; just scared Liverpool will be keeping an eye over him!

Adrien Silva hasn't made the Portugal squad for the world cup. Surely those 14 seconds have cost him his place. Half a season longer to settle into the side and establish himself and he may have kept himself in the managers thoughts.

Wonder how he will react to it. Lets hope he doesn't spit his dummy out.

EDIT - Looks like I wont be going off Facebook for my information, Adrien Silva is in fact in the squad. 'Unfollow Sportbible' lol 

Edited by kingcarr21

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

Adrien Silva hasn't made the Portugal squad for the world cup. Surely those 14 seconds have cost him his place. Half a season longer to settle into the side and establish himself and he may have kept himself in the managers thoughts.

Wonder how he will react to it. Lets hope he doesn't spit his dummy out

Eh?! :blink:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44163646

Midfielders: Adrien Silva (Leicester), Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon), Joao Mario (West Ham), Joao Moutinho (AS Monaco), Manuel Fernandes (Lokomotiv Moscow), William Carvalho (Sporting)

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Eh?! :blink:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44163646

Midfielders: Adrien Silva (Leicester), Bruno Fernandes (Sporting Lisbon), Joao Mario (West Ham), Joao Moutinho (AS Monaco), Manuel Fernandes (Lokomotiv Moscow), William Carvalho (Sporting)

I did edit my comment, Sportbible on Facebook said big players had missed out including Silva. Then the comments have been people correcting them. So the article is completely wrong

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

I did edit my comment, Sportbible on Facebook said big players had missed out including Silva. Then the comments have been people correcting them. So the article is completely wrong

:thumbup:

Posts crossed, clearly.

I'm guessing he'll probably be on the bench, anyway, as he hadn't played much until recently.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester City have more players going to the World Cup than Arsenal. 

Imagine saying that 4 years ago. 

Leicester City will win the premier league before Arsenal, Man United and Liverpool.

Imagine saying THAT 4 years ago !!!

Shinji's made Japan's provisional 27 man World Cup squad, and they've only named four forwards in that 27, so he's pretty much nailed on to make the final squad unless he gets injured in the build up. 

Goalkeepers: Eiji Kawashima (Metz); Masaaki Higashiguchi (Gamba Osaka); Kosuke Nakamura (Kashiwa Reysol).

Defenders: Yuto Nagatomo (Galatasaray); Tomoaki Makino, Wataru Endo (Urawa Reds); Maya Yoshida (Southampton); Hiroki Sakai (Marseille); Gotoku Sakai (Hamburg); Gen Shoji, Naomichi Ueda (Kashima Antlers).

Midfielders: Makoto Hasebe (Eintracht Frankfurt); Toshihiro Aoyama (Sanfrecce Hiroshima); Keisuke Honda (Pachuca); Takashi Inui (Eibar); Shinji Kagawa (Dortmund); Hotaru Yamaguchi (Cerezo Osaka); Genki Haraguchi, Takashi Usami (Fortuna Dusseldorf); Gaku Shibasaki (Getafe); Ryota Oshima (Kawasaki Frontale); Kento Misao (Kashima Antlers); Yosuke Ideguchi (Leonesa).

Forwards: Shinji Okazaki (Leicester); Yuya Osako (Werder Bremen); Yoshinori Muto (Mainz); Takuma Asano (Stuttgart).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Looking forward to our game against Nigeria this weekend.

Hopefully the Leicester lads are fit and ready to play.

Hope so as it's my 1st game at the new Wembley, was hoping it would be us at a cup final.