Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Whenever I watch u23 it just seems it is all a bit too easy for Ndukwu. Reckon he is the kind of player to make the step up quite quickly.

I think he’s gonna be one of them players where he’s just not good enough for the prem but will have a decent championship career. 

42 minutes ago, dhermon said:

I know its only highlights on LCFC but Calvin Ughelumba looked decent against Derby the other day 

Having watched his whole match (he only came on as a sub in the second half) I found him pretty good and confident too. I'm looking forward to seeing his progression.

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think he’s gonna be one of them players where he’s just not good enough for the prem but will have a decent championship career. 

What do you base that on?

5 hours ago, FIF said:

Having watched his whole match (he only came on as a sub in the second half) I found him pretty good and confident too. I'm looking forward to seeing his progression.

What do you base that on?

It’s called having an opinion. Cheers. 

15 hours ago, Bert said:

Have to disagree with you on this one. Think he has the talent to be a Premier League player.

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Have to disagree with you on this one. Think he has the talent to be a Premier League player.

That’s fine! I’d be delighted if he does but I just think by now if that was the case he’d at least be going out on loan to league one. 

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

That’s fine! I’d be delighted if he does but I just think by now if that was the case he’d at least be going out on loan to league one. 

Hoping he gets thrown in by us at some point this season. Maybe from the bench but if he grabs his chance then he might get the opportunity to prove himself here without going out on loan.

18 hours ago, Bert said:

Personally, I think his style of play and ability is far more suited to the PL than the lower leagues.  He is an incredibly gifted player and his main/only weakness appears to be his work rate (lack of!)...and neither of those 'qualities' are suited to lower league football where effort and strength appear to be the key priorities.

Ive seen him play a few times and I don't think ive ever seen a more naturally talented footballer who always appears to have time on the ball (a rare quality!) and is equally good playing with either foot (although I don't think ive ever seen him head a ball...?!?)

• Like 1

He needs to look like he cares a bit more he always seems, because he maybe finds it effortless to look like he'd rather be somewhere else.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Personally, I think his style of play and ability is far more suited to the PL than the lower leagues.  He is an incredibly gifted player and his main/only weakness appears to be his work rate (lack of!)...and neither of those 'qualities' are suited to lower league football where effort and strength appear to be the key priorities.

Ive seen him play a few times and I don't think ive ever seen a more naturally talented footballer who always appears to have time on the ball (a rare quality!) and is equally good playing with either foot (although I don't think ive ever seen him head a ball...?!?)

Fair call. But then he needs a better test than the u23s. Would he get any time in our cup matches? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Fair call. But then he needs a better test than the u23s. Would he get any time in our cup matches? 

Playing him in cup matches would certainly give a more accurate indication of where he is at in terms of ability, temperament and attitude.  Certainly a better test for him than U23s which seems too effortless for him IMO and wont improve or develop him in the longer run...

Just now, Foxy-Lady said:

Playing him in cup matches would certainly give a more accurate indication of where he is at in terms of ability, temperament and attitude.  Certainly a better test for him than U23s which seems too effortless for him IMO and wont improve or develop him in the longer run...

Maybe a loan abroad.

Leicester City's Development Squad can regain top spot in Premier League 2 Division 1 at Chelsea on Sunday afternoon - a fixture which will be broadcast live on LCFC TV.
- Watch Leicester City's Development Squad face Chelsea at EBB Stadium on Sunday afternoon (12pm BST kick-off)
- The Foxes are currently in second place in Premier League 2 Division 1
- Live coverage begins at 11:45am BST on LCFC TV, with Lewis Mason and Matt Elliott

Lewis Mason and ex-City defender Matt Elliott will be on commentary duty at EBB Stadium in Aldershot, with live LCFC TV coverage beginning at 11:45am BST.

We'll have highlights of the Foxes' 2-2 draw with Fleetwood Town in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday, where the Club's youngsters won an additional point on penalties.

There will also be another chance to catch an interview with defender Alex Pascanu, who has spent the past fortnight on international duty for Romania's Under-21s side.

From 12pm BST, meanwhile, Mason and Elliott will talk you through all the action as City attempt to continue their fine start to the new season against FA Youth Cup winners Chelsea.

Not a Digital Member on LCFC.com? Click HERE to sign up now!

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

That team is cheating really.. If they cant win with that then something is wrong lol

Why it was always intended to include seniors getting or maintaining fitness. 

Not sure it helps them to win probable more disruptive than helpful.

• Like 2