Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

none of the players playing RB in recent times were natural right backs they were all CB's covering

Seem to recall that Thandi was a natural right back who was nominated for Academy player of the year 2016/17 and also played for England U16s.......and then got released last season.  All sorts of LCFC media coverage about him and then suddenly gone.... to be replaced by another right back presumably on a higher salary.   Bit weird...!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I thought Pascanu was a CB who was moved to FB originally.

You may be right! I know he's played full back for a few years but it does seem we like to coach our academy players to play across defence. Either way the signing of Ramsay seems a squad filler.

25 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Seem to recall that Thandi was a natural right back who was nominated for Academy player of the year 2016/17 and also played for England U16s.......and then got released last season.  All sorts of LCFC media coverage about him and then suddenly gone.... to be replaced by another right back presumably on a higher salary.   Bit weird...!

if he was any good we would have kept him

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Didnt realise Thandi had been released!

11 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

He was exactly the same player and same physical size as a 16 year old for Tottenham, only then his bigger size and strength gave him an advantage over his smaller peer group and he looked a good player.

Now that his peer group have developed physically and gained in experience, the key advantages he had have been negated and he looks very average.

Its no great surprise that Spurs released him and im equally certain that with their record of developing young talent, if they thought that a bit of time and coaching could make him a star, they wouldn't have released him.

Do you really think that Beaglehole will be able to make him a better player than Pochettino and his staff could have done?

Good points. So the opposite effect with Harry Kane then?

My next door neighbour (Spurs Fan) still jokes with me that Spurs fans apparently think we almost ruined Harry Kane on loan and they desperately dragged him back to save his career.  Jokes aside, I seem to remember in 2013 he was young/average impact playing for us in the 13 total appearance (same age as Loft is now).  

I don't profess to knowing Ryan Loft will / won't be a future star and may well end up a lower league player at best.  All I saw last night was lots and lots of effort, which is great to see and glimpses of something worth working on.  So who knows, but certainly not "heinous" per other persons quote.

11 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Good points. So the opposite effect with Harry Kane then?

My next door neighbour (Spurs Fan) still jokes with me that Spurs fans apparently think we almost ruined Harry Kane on loan and they desperately dragged him back to save his career.  Jokes aside, I seem to remember in 2013 he was young/average impact playing for us in the 13 total appearance (same age as Loft is now).  

I don't profess to knowing Ryan Loft will / won't be a future star and may well end up a lower league player at best.  All I saw last night was lots and lots of effort, which is great to see and glimpses of something worth working on.  So who knows, but certainly not "heinous" per other persons quote.

Could've sworn in an interview Kane said NP had helped or his time at Leicester had been a real eye opener. 

15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

if he was any good we would have kept him

So is that why we signed Ryan Loft then...?   By same logic, if he was any good, would Spurs have released him?

Also, if Thandi wasn't any good, why all the media coverage about him....or was that just a PR stunt to cash in on his ethnic background?

Edited by Foxy-Lady

8 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

So is that why we signed Ryan Loft then...?   By same logic, if he was any good, would Spurs have released him?

Also, if Thandi wasn't any good, why all the media coverage about him....or was that just a PR stunt to cash in on his ethnic background?

we signed Loft because we lost Gordon from the U23s

I really wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, where's he playing now, surely such an amazing talent is playing first team football somewhere no?